Perfect Union banner

My new Richards Microfit on a stock 10/22

16K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  Richie 
#1 ·
I see most of you folks post your sweet hopped up target shooters, here..

This is MY BABY... I got it when I was 15, and customized it instantly.. it is still a VERY good shooter at over 20 years old.. Untold THOUSANDS of rounds have cycled this action, and I have *NEVER* had a problem!

I hope you enjoy the post... Let me know what ya think! :)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Originally posted by Indyarms@Dec 31 2004, 09:31 PM
I see most of you folks post your sweet hopped up target shooters, here..

This is MY BABY... I got it when I was 15, and customized it instantly.. it is still a VERY good shooter at over 20 years old.. Untold THOUSANDS of rounds have cycled this action, and I have *NEVER* had a problem!

I hope you enjoy the post... Let me know what ya think! :)
Yeah, nice gun!

#4 ·
My 19 year old folder looks exactly like yours except for the barrel shroud, and muzzle brake. I sold mine 4 years ago to a guy at work. I regreted it. last fall the guy I sold it to said he had to round up some cash for a rifle build, and I asked if he wanted to sell my Ramline folder back to me. He said ok. That made my day. I will not sell anymore of my guns.

#5 ·
Nice to see others also appreciate their OLDER guns... they have been with us through a lot of good times.. and bad, in the field... being my FIRST, and all the things I have been thru with it.. I could NEVER sell it..

It may not be a tack driving ruger 10/22 mod... but its my baby...

I recently bought a second from wally world.. and it doesnt shoot ANY better brand new, than my 20 yr old one shoots. Other than being stainless, with a checkered stock... it is no better, no worse... just more "sporting" looking.

I am thinking very soon to make a target quality ruger... means I will get to buy another one!!!! WOOWOOO!!

( of course, nothing more than a CHEAP carbine... as all I will really need is the receiver! lol)

Thanks for the positive replies!!!

#9 ·
Check out some websites out there... you can get all the parts I have on mine, still... the folding stocks, the barrel shrouds, muzzlebreak, extended mags... etc...

Just a little time, and investment... you can do ANYTHING your heart desires... and your mind can imagine!!!!

#11 ·
Well, as far as mods go, I think the forums, HERE will be your best bet... as far as Sites for STUFF goes.. I can post a few links that I have, with pleasure... I am sure others here that read this thread can probably help me out if Ihave missed any of the better ones...

http://www.gunaccessories.com/default.asp

http://www.copesdist.com/1022.htm <----- Great prices on high cap mags!

http://www.gunsnstuffonline.com/

http://www.rimfiresports.com/

That is SURE to get you started on your quest!

Dont forget old faithful...

http://www.ebay.com

as well as

http://www.gunbroker.com

#13 ·
:D hey thaks guys. today i actualy bought a supressed barrel so i can shoot squirels in my back yard without letting everyone around know. my stepdad is big on guns so he saved me 30 bucks on getting exchanging barrels. next i plan to buy a nice
4x scope cuz right now i have a weak little 2x piece of junk. :ar15: :ar15: :rapid:

#14 ·
Just a reminder to anyone reading this post if you are going to scope the 22 rimfire, get either a rim fire scope or a scope with AO. This is because just a scope is made for centerfires. The parallelax is set for 100 yds or the leupolds are set at 160 yds. This will cause inaccuracy in a rimfire shooting at 50 yds. Most rim fire scopes the parallelax is set at 50 yds, leupolds set at 60. The AO you can adjust it yourself.

#16 ·
RUGER TNZ just arrived today!!

Since it tells me I am allowed one thread per owner... I guess I have to post the pics of this here as well...

Picked it up today at Gander mountain... $404 out the door... from what I gather, these are about as rare as a frogs hair caught between a hen's teeth...

And I also read they are as good or better shooters than the race rifle?!?!?

Anything that I need to be aware of with this rifle, from you gents that also have them!?!??!

I am tempted to store it away... but damn... its MADE to be shot... and I SO wanna!! LOL

not to mention I have a huge ass 10-40X50 Tasco scope that is just sitting in its box all brand new and waiting for a rifle to sit on... its "too much scope"... :eek: ... but I dont mind.. and neither will the TNZ!! LOL

Attachments

#19 ·
Indyarms said:
Since it tells me I am allowed one thread per owner... I guess I have to post the pics of this here as well...

Picked it up today at Gander mountain... $404 out the door... from what I gather, these are about as rare as a frogs hair caught between a hen's teeth...

And I also read they are as good or better shooters than the race rifle?!?!?

Anything that I need to be aware of with this rifle, from you gents that also have them!?!??!

I am tempted to store it away... but damn... its MADE to be shot... and I SO wanna!! LOL

not to mention I have a huge ass 10-40X50 Tasco scope that is just sitting in its box all brand new and waiting for a rifle to sit on... its "too much scope"... :eek: ... but I dont mind.. and neither will the TNZ!! LOL
SHOOT THE RIFLE...LIKE YOU SAID...IT WAS MEANT TO BE SHOT! SHOOT IT...SHOOT IT!
It DOES shoot better than the race rifle...I have that one as well...I have compared them side by side on the same day, with same ammo...the TNZ out shoots it... Mark Shoot it...shoot the TNZ!!!!!

#20 ·
Ok, I got the scope on it... Its a Tasco 10-40 X 50 scope... almost too much... but hey... its just laying around... might as well use it!

I also picked up a sweet aluminum case at walmart for 30 bucks!! So its got a nice cozy new home to sleep in too!! :lol:

I am wondering... I picked up some of the CCI Green Tag ammo, and also some of the Remington ( dark green and light blue box) "target" ammo.

I expect the Green Tag will shoot well... but have any of you tried the Remington Target? and if so... how does it shoot? It is *NOT* Eley... just says "Target , 22 long rifle, standard velocity" on the box...

Enjoy the new pics, and thanks for the input, gentlemen!!

:lol:

Attachments

#30 ·
Ok, I got the scope on it... Its a Tasco 10-40 X 50 scope... almost too much... but hey... its just laying around... might as well use it!

I also picked up a sweet aluminum case at walmart for 30 bucks!! So its got a nice cozy new home to sleep in too!! :lol:

I am wondering... I picked up some of the CCI Green Tag ammo, and also some of the Remington ( dark green and light blue box) "target" ammo.

I expect the Green Tag will shoot well... but have any of you tried the Remington Target? and if so... how does it shoot? It is *NOT* Eley... just says "Target , 22 long rifle, standard velocity" on the box...

Enjoy the new pics, and thanks for the input, gentlemen!!

I FREAKING APROVE SOOOOO MUCH OF YOUR SCOPE!!!!!!HAHAHA I need one just like it.

#22 ·
Well, I have been waiting a while, for Richards Microfit to send me my stock... but I got it in, and got it finished enough to satisfy me... It is still a factory rifle, it just has a nifty stock. It will do inch groups at 50 yards, and thats good enough for me... as I dont need to shoot anything smaller than that... If I have to shoot fleas off the back of a critter, I will need to use something larger than a .22 anyways... cause we know how tough them little buggers are... hahahahah :lol:

Anyway... Heres some pics... Enjoy!!

Attachments

#26 · (Edited)
Thanks for the Merge... I forgot all about the one thread - per - deal... been a while since I have logged in...

As far as what did I do to finish it... I just sanded it with an orbital sander, and by hand for the hard to get to spots... it really only took me a few hours to fit and sand it to a finished-workable state. I left it SLIGHTLY rough in the handgrip and thumbhole areas... I figured it would help with grip... and it seems to be rather nice... smooth from the oil, yet slightly textured for added "Gription"! LOL
Then I just gave it 10 coats of Formby's Tung oil. It takes a while between coats... I was going to get stupid and put on like 20... but I wanted to shoot it and didnt want to wait... besides... It looks SWEET the way it is... I doubt 10 more coats would really make ANY difference... but I can ALWAYS put them on later... thats the beauty of tung oil... you can always add to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.