Perfect Union banner

My new Richards Microfit on a stock 10/22

16K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  Richie 
#1 ·
I see most of you folks post your sweet hopped up target shooters, here..

This is MY BABY... I got it when I was 15, and customized it instantly.. it is still a VERY good shooter at over 20 years old.. Untold THOUSANDS of rounds have cycled this action, and I have *NEVER* had a problem!

I hope you enjoy the post... Let me know what ya think! :)

Attachments

See less See more
#31 ·
I have updated the barrel to a SHooters Ridge barrel, it now has a power custom hammer, and a quaint little 6-24 X 44 Barska optic.

With what I have into it for expenses... it SHOULD out shoot my TNZ... tomorrow if the weather holds, I will find out.

:lol:
is that barrel an aircraft ultra light weight one? if so how do you like it? I hate the heavyness of the bull barrul and I want my gun LIGHT and I hear that is as light as it gets.

#29 ·
I shot some CCI standard velocity rounds out of it... the long orange hard plastic 100 round slide top box with the blue label stuff... thats what I used to sight it in... took 5 rounds to have it re-zeroed at 25 yards... which turned out to be so darn close at 50 I didnt mess with it, as I was shooting 10 different flavors of ammo. Eley Target, and Match, Wolf match target and match extra, S&B, even some CCI SGB's in case I want to try to knock out some squirrels out the back window sometime... LOL

WOLF Match Target shot the best... I shot a hurried, ten shot group off the bags, in probably about 15 seconds... I could put 8 of the 10 rounds UNDER a dime, the other two would be touching the RIM of the dime...

a quarter would have hid them all easily.

SO I would say it shoots DECENTLY... havent really TRIED to wring out what its capable of, but so far it looks decent.

and worked well with the BARSKA optic too!!

:lol:

#32 ·
So I STOLE this ruger yesterday from a guy at work... :lol:

Well, not REALLY... but I traded an old M44 Mosin, with an ATI stock, and 4 boxes of Czech silvertip light ball, and $150.00 for this Ruger 10/22 with the original stock and barrel, 3 factory mags, and a 25 rd. Butler Creek mag and a 30 rd. Butler creek mag...

It has the Fajen thumbhole stock, a MidwayUSA .920 blued target barrel on it. extended mag release, eagle mounts, and a BSA 3-12 optic.

I dont think I did too bad!

Trigger pull *WAS* horrible... had to be at LEAST 7 pounds if not 8 or so... Yet I was still able to squeeze 10 rounds of Wolf MAtch Target into a group about the size of a quarter at 50 yards. Now... I am a big fan of the power custom hammer... but after seeing the profile of one, I figured I could match it... ( I have 3 spare factory hammers if I messed it up! LOL ) So I took the hammer out and put it to the file... ever so slowly taking away that curvature where it meets the disconnector... Once I had it to a nice flat angle, I reinstalled it... Talk about a dream!
It is probably 1.5 to 2 pounds ( I havent measured it on the scale yet...) and as nice and crisp as a thin glass rod breaking!! everything functions perfectly... and I am very pleased! I havent taken it back to the bench to see what improvement I gained on accuracy... but I am willing to bet I gained something!! If nothing else... I have a far nicer trigger pull! LOL

Gotta love it!!!!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.