Ruger 10/22 Anything about the Ruger 10/22 family of rifles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2004, 14:02   #1
Points: 8,399, Level: 61 Points: 8,399, Level: 61 Points: 8,399, Level: 61
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Read an article on Gunblast.com about Paco kellys .22 acu'rzr and nastinose rimfire bullet tool. Has anybody used or know of someone who has used this product? Is there a downside to using such a product? Just looking for opinions. In theory it seems like a good idea.
tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 18:31   #2
Points: 104,468, Level: 100 Points: 104,468, Level: 100 Points: 104,468, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Hey tinman. I haven't used one, but I saw this a while back. I would think the nasty nose part would be similar to a SGT tool which flatens the bullet nose similar to a semi wad cutter. It would be good on critters.

The accuracy part I can only say everything I've read by Jeff Quin is the greatest. I get the feeling he is a hired salesman. I don't know if the acurizer will improve accuacy or not, but you may not get the results gunblast got.

Has anyone else used this thing?
http://www.gunblast.com/Paco.htm
cajungeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 16:03   #3
Last Achievements

Went to www.leverguns.com/store/accurizer.htm to get more information. Seems like hes got a few different models out now. Apparently I have $50 worth of curiosity cause I took the plunge. Now its called a baby scorpion, sizes to 223 and 224 or 225 for revolvers. Or you can run a slug down a barrel, mail it in and have him size it. The one I ordered makes two diffrent nose shapes. Who knows, maybe this thing works. Just aint figured out how a flat nosed bullet is supposed to be all that accurate.
Old 11-14-2004, 16:42   #4
Points: 104,468, Level: 100 Points: 104,468, Level: 100 Points: 104,468, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Let us know how it works. I would think it may work better on cheaper ammo, as match ammo os already more accurate in diminsions. Keep us posted.
cajungeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 20:17   #5
Last Achievements

That was my intention, to pick up multiple brands and weights from the marts and look for changes in accuracy, velocity and expansion. If it dont work, not a problem, my curiosity will be answered. Will keep you posted.

P.S. - The bolt chamfer mod works great.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:01   #6
Banned
Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51
Last Achievements

I just read the article listed above.....WHAT A LOAD! In one line he talks about how gun chambers for .22's are not a standard size but are different for each gunmaker, and then talks about how ammo manufactures on purpose, all make there .22 ammo shells in different sizes so you can play around and find one that matches your gun. God! almost fell off my chair laughing! and then, he introduces a tool where you place a metal cup over the end of the lead and wack it with a hammer....
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
This makes the lead dimple and become thick to snugly fit any barrel....well, if barrels are all different sizes like he said earlier..the darn thing would then jam in a "tighter barrel".

granted, shell sizes do vary (by one or two THOUSANDS OF AN INCH, and competitors do both weight and measure there ammo...not to see what gun it shoots in, but to shoot the same sized variations together.

I wonder he the tool people made a few house payments for this guy!
ruger22com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:43   #7
Registered Member
Points: 3,382, Level: 36 Points: 3,382, Level: 36 Points: 3,382, Level: 36
Last Achievements

Paco Kelly Acurizer Tool - My experience report.

I got motivated to buy the Acurizer tool acording to the many very positive (fake?!) reports about it. I paid $58 with check and ordered all three rods with it. Delivery took 4 weeks.

After unwrapping it and reading the instructions CAREFULLY i followed the instructions and tried the tool. The results were more than disapointing. First of all i got the .222 .223 tool which was not ordered. I ordered the .223 .224 tool.

The tolerances of the inserting rods are sloppy which is causing the rod -NOT- to align in the center. You use it and get off center hollow points. The .22LR ammunition i used for trying the tool was MiniMag.

I used the .223 side of the tool because the .22LR ammo fitted in there without any force. I hammered it VERY LIGHTLY and modified the bullethead about 50% of what you supposed to according to the manual. I wanted to see if a light modification would still allow the bullet to cycle. Guess what.... the bullet did jam. I was not able to fire just one round. I tried it several times and every time i hammered it more lightly as before. I ended up with just ONE light punch (about 10% modification of the bullethead) and i got the same results all the time. The Hollow point was off center and the bullet did not insert in the chamber. After extracting the bullets 8 times with a cleaning rod out of the blocked chamber i got VERY frustrated and gave up on it. Another thing to mention is that the tool is very unstable. The slightest hit with a mallet and it bounced up and down already. I used a solid wood board to set up the tool. After all i requested a refund from Paco Kelly to take this useless POS tool, and thatīs all what it is, back.

My experience was --->VERY<--- disapointing and frustrating.

After i requested a refund from Frank Kelly (Paco is not his real name) it took him 5 weeks to mail me a check of $58 back. I had to threaten him with legal action. (Law Suit and DA for fraudulent bussiness). Finally i got my check back but not the shipping cost. I also need to mention that he did not sent a bill with the delivery. He sent my original order letter with some scribbling on it. "Merry Christmas. Have fun."

If you want to spare yourself from a useless tool and trouble do NOT order it !!!
rimfiredoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:46   #8
Registered Member
Points: 3,382, Level: 36 Points: 3,382, Level: 36 Points: 3,382, Level: 36
Last Achievements

Paco Kelly Acurizer Tool - My experience report.

It didīnt let me post the whole text so here is the rest of my posting.

Donīt be deceived by the positive reports from
http://gunblast.com
http://www.leverguns.com
See all the participating websites here: http://gunblast.com/links.htm

These are friends from Mr. Kelly and theyīre promoting each others products.
rimfiredoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 16:42   #9
Points: 7,897, Level: 59 Points: 7,897, Level: 59 Points: 7,897, Level: 59
Last Achievements

Paco's Accurizer Tool

I have and use this tool with great success. First of all, let me say
this tool was NOT made for a semi-auto .22 R.F. rifle. 1022 or other-
wise. A specialized tool should be used within the parameters it was
designed for. I love all my 1022's and all of them have been modified
to some degree, but I would not even consider using my Paco Tool for
any of them. I do use my Paco Tool for my Ruger Super Single-Six
.22lr/.22wmr. Since the bore has to be sized to accomodate both
calibers and ANY of you with ANY knowledge on the subject will under-
stand what I am saying. Use the tool for what it was designed for and
it should serve you well.---------Unless you don't have opposing

thumbs!!
bulletnose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 14:23   #10
Points: 6,753, Level: 54 Points: 6,753, Level: 54 Points: 6,753, Level: 54
Last Achievements

I ordered one not long after he came out with the tool. I had a Ruger Single Six that patterned at 25 yards so I thought I'd give it a try. I had already tried several brands of 22 ammo including different brands of pistol match ammo but none of them shot less than several inches at 25 yards. He cut me a larger than normal diameter sizer and I tried sizing several brands of ammo, but still nothing was accurate. I traded off that Single Six. Don't try the modified ammo in a 22 auto; it'll jam. I did try the modified ammo in a 22 bolt rifle but didn't get enough of a reduction in group size to go through the effort of modifying 22 ammo.
johk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 15:59   #11
Points: 7,897, Level: 59 Points: 7,897, Level: 59 Points: 7,897, Level: 59
Last Achievements

Granted my Single Six is not a tack driver, but the tool did cut the
group size by about half. With .22lr ammo at 30yds to about 2 1/2"
from almost 6"---With .22wmr ammo to about 1 1/2" from almost 4".
It is definately not a target gun but a fun plinker just the same and
Paco's Tool made me decide to make it a "keeper". I realize not all
results will be positive, but mine were. Thank You Paco!!
bulletnose is offline   Reply With Quote