Perfect Union banner

Colorado

10K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  THC 
#1 ·
Cricket cricket. Anyone in CO?

#2 ·
Just so your not left hanging Butie. I live in Denver. I'm also a tad ****ed that Sportsmen Warehouse in Aurora refused to sell me two Ruger mini-14s. Store policy! Apparently they refuse to believe that in 2007 the alleged Assault Weapons ban in Denver no longer applies. Cheers

#9 ·
Luckily I live in Bailey, our Sheriff is wonderful and I could count the people who live in my development that are not gun owners on 1 hand. Hell, when we bought our house we could hear the shooting from the Natl' Forest which is what sealed the deal on the house purchase. Love the ability to jump on the ATV and ride 5 minutes to shoot, only thing that would be better is if we could have afforded 50 acres so I could shoot in the yard BUT Park County law says it's legal if the bullet doesn't leave the property so a 25' pistol range would be feasable if I built a good backstop. I am looking into the CCW but for now I just open carry up here since no one really cares and it does tend to stop the liberal flat landers from stopping and asking directions when you have a nice piece of steel on your hip:D

#10 · (Edited)
I can just imagine what was going on in that realtors mind. You may already be aware of this site but if not, it is a great organization and has just about any info one might want with respect to the law, obtaining and renewal of your Concealed weapons permit. As well as which sheriffs do and do not put permit holders into the CCIC- 'Colorado Crime Information Center' database. http://rmgo.org/ccwguide/index.shtml
You would then be considered 'A Person of Interest .' I am envious of your ability to setup a pistol range in your backyard. It is something I have always wanted . Good luck with that.

#18 ·
Yep, I grew up not far from where 160 meets the shortest hiway in the country. A lot of good people and good hunting out that way. If you're ever down that way during deer season, send me an IM. We have a lot of land in the "Walk-in Hunting" CDOW program.

#19 ·
If anyone is interested Sportsmen Warehouse in Aurora is going out of business and will close May 14th. Currently it is all 30-50%
off and will certainly increase as closing grows near. I got a sleeping bag, A pair of Danner Boots ( org $230 for $99.99 ) a few pocket knives an LED lights. Cheers

#21 ·
Shout out to all of you CO members. I am new to the forum, have a Mini 6.8 and live in Aurora. My wife was really disappointed when Sportsmans Warehouse closed. She used to call it our home away from home. We still have Gander Mtn but it is not the same. I live between them but SW was closer.

If anyone knows of a cheap place to shoot rifles I would appreciate knowing where it is. I have not shot my Mini 14 since I got it about 11 months ago. I also have a new Howa 1500 in 22-250 that needs sighting in.

I live close to the Firing Line so can shoot the handguns easily but rifles is a different story. Being a victim of the Obama economy I am unemployed so I have a lot of time but no money.

#26 ·
Just dropping in to say hey to all the CO mini-14 shooters out here. I just bought mine at the Tanner gun show in January. I wanted something with a little more oomph than a .22 but not as expensive as my 30/30. My dad always wanted a mini-14...so like father likes son. Now I have to decide where to spend the money on mods! See you guys around.

I'm located in Aurora, not far from Golden gun club.

#27 ·
Hi all from WY, with the lack of population in the state, seems that everyone has more fun than we do haha. Got stationed here in '06 and retireing here in June. Stinks that we have to go to Ft. Collins to find an public indoor range. But atleast we have Vedavoo for the outdoor stuff.

#28 ·
wy_daveh said:
Stinks that we have to go to Ft. Collins to find an public indoor range.
There is another one "in Longmont", that is actually at Hwy 119 and I-25.

More than a little expensive. :angry:

#29 ·
wy_daveh said:
Stinks that we have to go to Ft. Collins to find an public indoor range.
Had another thought, why not buy one of those old missile silos and convert a portion of it to a shooting range? Seems I saw one article where the guy got one for $40K, then paid another $200K to make it into a livable house. :lol:

#31 ·
I'm currently living in Western MO but I do come out to the Colorado Springs area twice a year. Are there any places to do some shooting either inside or outside in that area. when I lived in the "springs" up until 89, we would go up on gold camp road or somewhere up & behind the broadmoor. can you still get up there into the natl. forest ? also, was wondering if anyone out there has a Tactical Mini-14 in 30 caliber & how is the accuracy??? Are you shooting steel cased ammo or brass??? Tom

#32 ·
Was that the "581" series you just got or one of the older models. Not that it matters. The mini is a nice package. I had an older model that I added a "williams" peep site on so that helped. my rifle seemed to favor most ammo in the 55gr range. I now have a "tactical" mini-14 & love it. the heavier & shorter barrel really feel better when bringing it up to the shoulder. Tom

#35 ·
Hi Derk, Hoping to get out to the "Springs" in the Fall. Don't know if I'll get any shooting in. I do go up into Teller County quite a bit and points in and around South Park. Will have to check & see if that range SE of the Springs has gone in yet. Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.