Perfect Union banner
3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  TX expat 
#1 ·
Went to the range today to do some shooting, bbrrrrr....mighty cold and rainy. Well after sending some rounds down range I was waiting for the range to go "cold" (mighty ironic) I perused the board for what people were selling and there it was, a Marlin Camp 9 w/ several mags for $250. Haven't seen one for sale for a mighty long time.

#2 ·
:huh:SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....did you pick it up?We can get together sometime and compare my PC9 to your CAMP 9!Besides it has to be your turn to buy breakfast!:p

#4 ·
instead of edit my earlier post I'll put up a reply to it.
I have both a S&W 5903 - same mag as the Camp 9, and a Colt 1911 - same mag as the Camp .45.
both Camps I installed the much better blackjack buffer and wolf heavy-duty recoil springs - a must have to shoot 'performance' ammo in these carbines.
I figured either of these is a very good back up to my Mini30 in the event the Mini fails, or a good gun for a family member or friend w/out a gun.
the 9mm I have a red dot on and the .45 skinner sights mounted. they're both good shooters.
as a back-up to these I have an AMT all s/s 10/22 clone.
all of these I've practiced 100 yd shooting with on 6" steel discs. hard to beat for h/d away from home.

#5 ·
Didn't buy it, not really interested in owning one unless it was a .45acp at the right price. I just found it interesting that there was one for sale, I haven't seen one for years for sale. And Mark, yes we need to get out for breakfast or lunch but you need to let me know when you are available. I'll buy.:)

#11 ·
The stock is a massaged Muzzelite, carry handle and front sight cut off. Bought an EGW M1913 24" long rail extrusion and milled the cross slots to spec. Rail is mounted to receiver by the 4 factory tapped holes and at the muzzle by a Beamshot laser mount (lucky fit) that is secured by the rear front sight screw. Billet aluminum trigger bar with a roller bearing at the trigger. Several cross spacers at key locations added for rigidity. M-14 flip up butt plate mounted with aluminum cross-bolted anchors. Aimpoint Comp M2 with killflash and their M4 height mount. The AK 74 muzzle brake has now been removed (as it was a tight press fit, held on by the front sight screw [didn't harm the bluing though]) for an OAL of 27 1/2" now. Will get 5 MecGar 20 rd mags when $$ permit to complete the project. The stock has been endlessly sanded while submerged in the swimming pool with fine sandpaper (up to 1000 grit) as it now has the appearance (and feel) of fine SMOOTH satin. Thinking off getting all the light colored parts (aluminum) Ceracoated OD green.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.