Perfect Union banner

5.7x28

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Balzac72 
#1 ·
Few weeks ago a friend of mine picked up a FN 5.7x28 pistol and I was intrigued.So I scored a FN PS90 carbine, sweet little weapon, light, feels great and has no recoil at all. My 13 year old daughter can fire her all day long without whining. Hell I liked it so much I just finished building an AR57 just for her. Any other 5.7 shooters out there?

Both are now close to the front row of the misc gun safe.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yep any AR lower will work with the 5.7 upper. Since this was for my daughter I went all out and started with a Spike's tactical lower, slapped in a Timney trigger (set to 2.75 lbs) and dressed her out with MagPul furniture. Very pleased with the end result. snappy little round the 5.7, shoots fast and flat with an effective range of about two hundred yards then she starts dropping off. It's an up close and personal thing. Recoil is not much more than a .22 & the fifty round mags are a plus:D

#5 ·
Do yourself a favor and purchase some Elite Ammunition for your 5.7x28.The factory loads from FN/Fiocchi come no where near the potential of this cartridge.Elite pushes the envelope.You will be impressed.Just my opinion,no affiliation with the company at all.A satisfied customer.

#7 ·
When I bought up the 5.7 upper my original plan was to swap the upper on one of my four 5.56 AR's when I wanted to shoot the 5.7, although not really time consuming it was kinda a pain in the ass so I bought a dedicated lower for the 5.7 and will just leave her and the other AR's in a complete configuration. If you have the funds it's just easier that way.

I did mod a 5.56 mag to act as a brass catcher for the spent 5.7 rounds and it does catch around 40 or so before it fills up. Every once and a while I was getting hot spend brass down the front of my T-shirt. I think I will mod another 5.56 mag and just remove the base to act as a funnel away from the shooters body for the spent brass. This spent brass bitch is really a minor factor and does not deter me from really enjoying shooting the 5.7x28.

I think I will pick up a FN57 pistol this weekend to complete the 5.7 trio.

#8 ·
Any other 5.7 shooters out there?
Shooter, yes. Owner, no. Our Son bought both the FN 5.7 and PS90 when he was in the service. The PS90 really didn't have any appeal to me until he brought it over. They ARE a hoot to shoot! Probably buy it from him in a heartbeat..... with a Dad discount, of course.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.