Perfect Union banner

funnest gun you have shot

20K views 121 replies 99 participants last post by  Tommygunner 
#1 ·
title says it all. What is the funnest gun you have ever shot?
mine would be 10/22 ....

#4 ·
Maxium style supressed 10-22 on bunnys in NSW Aus. 300 bunnys a day and never made a dent!

#6 ·
I've fired a dozen different FA's. The most fun was with an American Arms 180.
The cycle rate was around 1000 rpm.
It looked like it was p*ssing when you pulled the trigger. :D
Mike

#8 ·
I'm with you on this Bob. Having the pleasure to have shot lots of firearms from single shots to full auto to suppressed, hands down the funnest firearm I have ever shot is my 1988 Buckmark. Accurate, silky smooth, and inexpensive to shoot, it is the pride of my safe.

#9 ·
Hard choice to make when you have fun with almost any of them............but for sheer joy I'd have to say the full-auto's we had in the service. Of those (BAR, Thompson, Grease gun and Browning .30 M.G.) I'd say the Browning .30. Just load up a web belt of 250 and let her rip off the fantail of the ship after performing scheduled maintenance on it.

#10 ·
I used to have a Colt AR in 9mm that would shoot way faster than any other semi auto rifle I ever owned. I was frustrated with the accuracy or lack of and traded it on a Mini-14 in 222. I gained very little in the accuracy dept but at least I still own that one.
Again, another reason I rarely part with a gun

#11 ·
I've been very lucky in my life to get to shoot some very fun guns. As was mentioned above, when in the Army I got to shoot a Tommy gun on full auto. That was hoot, and then there was the M3 "Grease Gun" and the 9mm Swedish "K" that was fun too!

Probably the most fun though were the guns in the Cobra's flexible nose turret. The "7.62 NATO minigun" at 4,000 rounds per minute and the 40mm grenade launcher at 450 rounds per minute were a total blast (literally) to shoot. :D

These days, I get my kicks with my Mini-14.

#14 ·
Easily the MG3. I was lucky enough to get a chance to fire one when my unit was training with the German army. It kicked like a mofo, but the rate of fire was so high that it was way too much fun.

#15 · (Edited)
I think it's going to have to be a Thompson M1. Many years ago a buddy and I were invited to a shoot at Withycomb as long as we brought the ammo. In the weeks leading up we scrounged up and handloaded as much Ball as we could (several hundred rounds), spent a half hour stuffing magazines, and it lasted less than 10 minutes.

Now that I'm not single and the budget is tighter, my M&P-15-22 is about as much fun as I've had in a long time.

#19 ·
Funnest Gun...

I think the gun I would most like to own and was the most fun to shoot
the M 38A Beretta submachine gun. It was about as big and heavy as the Mini-14 but fired the 9mm. It ejected to the left and had two triggers.
The best thing about it was its accuracy. Modern sub-guns try and save
weight and have folding stocks for making them compact. The 38a was
big and heavy (for a sub-gun) but thats what made it so fun.
Single shots and bursts stayed on target. The only other sub that's supposed to be this accurate is the Finnish Sumoi and I'd sure like to shoot one some day.

#21 ·
:lol:I'm with evil lurker on the m-60,after that the "203"-bloop gun and FA in one unit!:lol:

#22 ·
Being an ex-M60 operator, I do remember it being a hoot to shoot. My A-gunner on the other hand thought less of it as fun and more of it as plain ol' work!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.