Perfect Union banner

funnest gun you have shot

20K views 121 replies 99 participants last post by  Tommygunner 
#1 ·
title says it all. What is the funnest gun you have ever shot?
mine would be 10/22 ....

#119 ·
About ten years ago I went shooting with an acquaintance and one of his friends, who happened to be an FBI agent. He brought along a full auto MP5, and a 3-rd burst M16.

I would say those are notable mentions, but for most fun shock and awe it would have to be my old Sako in 30-378 Weatherby. I had a hot load of 180gr Barnes X that moseyed along at a mediocre 3450fps :)

The custom pad on the stock made it enjoyable to shoot. And everyone I let take a few shots always left with a smile on their face. Firing it into a group of filled cans or milk jugs just made a huge mess. I'd infrequently stretch it's legs and shoot it out to about 800 yards or so. The biggest downside was the ridiculous cost for ammunition, even reloading it you were looking at an exhorbitant amount of powder.

Nowadays I've mellowed. I probably enjoy my .357's nearly as much. Especially if I get out into the desert and shoot at longer ranges. I'm not good at it, but it's fun practice.

#120 ·
The firearm I have the most fun shooting is a Ruger #1 in .500 Nitro Express. Its a simple and elegant rifle that launches a great big bullet downrange with a level of recoil that is exciting yet tolerable. Its fun loading the big ol' cartridge in the single shot action and extracting a smokin' empty brings a smile to the face.

Now... where's those damned tigers?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.