Perfect Union banner

funnest gun you have shot

20K views 121 replies 99 participants last post by  Tommygunner 
#1 ·
title says it all. What is the funnest gun you have ever shot?
mine would be 10/22 ....

#85 ·
Rifle: My FN FS2000. It has nearly no muzzle rise, the trigger is fine for a bullpup, and it's just dang fun to shoot all day long. (And it never fails to work.)

Carbine: Hard choice between the PS90, and the Beretta CX4 in 9mm. The 9mm is cheaper to shoot, absolutely accurate and with the right mag, holds 34 rounds. The PS90 has much less recoil, is just as accurate, and has 50 rounds, but it's just too dang expensive to shoot much. (24.00 per 50 rounds, v/s 8.00 per 50 is no contest.)

Pistol: Again, the 5.7 round is fun, and the 9mm's I have are also fun, but the latest to join the group is the M&P22, and it's been very fun to shoot. (And cheap.)

This post has been deleted
#104 ·
Dude! The first time I squeezed (... I guess PRESSED would be more accurate ...) the butterfly on a Mk19, it was AWESOME! I had a whole can of surplus service rounds. I love the sound of the recoil... the pop... the pause... (you can follow that itty-bitty black dot as it soars toward the target... then BLAMMMMM! Adjust your BOT and let her rip! Chuck out about three or four more rounds... MAN was that FUN! Nothing like the sound of a high explosive round detonating on an armored hull!

#90 ·
A British SMLE Enfield MKI/I in .303 British caliber. I used it to shoot at paper targets @ 200 yds. distance, open sights. The target? They were 8 1/2 inch by 11 inch prints of the Ayatollah Khomeini! The .303 was a respectable round, when shot out of that 8 pound rifle. Easist to field strip and clean, easiest to make safe, too. Remington only sold one load, then, being at best recollection 180gr. loads.

#91 ·
That's a nice weapon, I have one myself, but I never shoot it. I also have a 03 Springfield, a 7mm Mauser, and an 6.5 Arasaka. I have killed a hog with the Araska and I do shoot the Springfield every once and a while. They have been passed down from my grandfather to me and are some of my favorites I own.

I still miss shooting a mini and a M2. By far the best funnest weapons I have shot

#95 ·
Accuracy aside :mad: .... My old SAVAGE 24V over / under, it being .223 Rem over 20 gauge shotgun.

At one of our old quarry shooting sites ( water filled ) we would toss out soda & beer cans.
Set selector on .223 and hit just under the can popping it up into the air ...
then snap selector to other barrel and blast the airborne can with the shotgun !!

With some practice and quick fingers could do it shot after shot laughing like hell the whole time !

Good fun there :lol::lol::lol:

#98 ·
I got to dump a couple mags through an H&K MP5SD3 with a bunch of Special Forces guys in Iraq. (They brought out damn-near their entire arms room that day! Fired a REAL nice 1911 - heavily modded, sooooo smooth.) The M242 Bushmaster in my Bradley was good times too!

If you were asking which was the least amount of fun, I'd be hard pressed to decide between the AK47 or the Sterling submachine gun.

#99 ·
Hey focal_point I've got to know. What didn't you like about the sterling smg.
I've fired one and I liked it just fine. I liked the pistol grip (pointed nicely).
I liked the folding stock ( when opened) it was very stable...
Don't care too much about side mounted magazines( stick out too far) but overall
I liked the sterling it was accurate and controllable on full auto.........

#100 ·
Well, I guess it wasn't ALL that horrible...:D I personally found it hard to find a comfortable stance, sight picture, and grip on it. I blame the body armor (and the damned Iraq heat!).

The AK was just SOOO painful to shoot (again, the body armor... it had the standard wood stock and foregrip). The heat baking off the upper receiver was burning me up!

#101 ·
MG3 7.62mm machinegun. The firing rate is just so sweet for something thats man portable. 17-23 rounds per second, depending on ammo temperature :p

The HK GMG automatic grenade launcher is also tons of fun, similar to the Mk-19 I would guess.

But another one that always gets me smiling is the Carl Gustav M2/M3 recoilless rifle. What a blast...literally! :D
Actually, come to think of it...it's even more fun being the loader when firing prone, since normal personnel placement puts your nose pretty much 10-20 cm from the venturi nozzle at the rear...pretty cool with approx 1 lb of propellant going off next to your face :p

#103 ·
LOL! Well, my inability to gain/maintain an acceptable sight picture on that Sterling had nothing to do with the weapon's quality/reliability or usefulness, really. My point was that my body armor with all the mags and crap stuck to the front of it, the neck guard, the helmet, the eye pro, etc., had interfered. (Not to mention the sweat raining down my face!) Yeah, it really has nothing to with iron sights or a reflex optic. I actually prefer iron sights! Though the M68 on top of my M4 was quite handy!

...and, now that you mention it, a Sterling with a nice reflex mounted would be kinda fun!

#109 ·
The funnest gun I've shot has to be either the M240B or the M2. Both are reliable, and they dish out some serious damage. The M249 SAW is not bad. Some have some serious jamming issues, and the shorter barrel ones have severe accuracy issues. In fairness, the SB versions were made for urban combat. So, I could not knock them for accuracy. When I was a medic with the infantry, I enjoyed when I got to shoot other weapons than my M4.
On the civilian market, I would say that my CMP M1 Garand makes me smile more than any other firearm I own. Just my opinion tho.

#110 ·
for me.. we had a Tiger cruise on the USS Momsen DDG 92 (where the sailors can have family members onboard for the final part of the ship's deployment), sailing from Hawaii back to Everett.. fired every gun on the ship, from the 5" 62 caliber main gun, 25mm Bushmaster Chain Guns, twin and single 50's, M-19 grenade launcher, M-79 grenade launcher, M-240, M-16's and M-9's.. (it did help that I was in weapons department, so the guns belonged to my guys)..

as far as civilian, when I was about 6 or 7, a buddy of my dad's had a M-60 loaded with tracers and we went out at night shooting it in a logged over clearing..

currently, my Remington 700 BDL in 375 Ultra Mag..

#111 ·
Military it would be my M1 Garand. As a civilian although I shoot it the least I have more chuckles and giggles with when I do shoot it and that would be my H*R single shot break action 10 gauge. It should be illegal to have so much fun shooting that gun.

#112 · (Edited)
FUN Rifles.... A toss up among my old ranch rifle; now redone with a great trigger job....and the new ATI folder. My SCAR 17s with the grip-pod on it and additional ergo rail covers.Depending on my frugality..... STILL ENJOYING MY 35 year old NYLON 66 APACHE.....when budget is a priority.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.