Rifles Misc All rifles not covered elsewhere!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 12:32   #1
Registered Member
Points: 1,732, Level: 24 Points: 1,732, Level: 24 Points: 1,732, Level: 24
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Bushmaster rifle gwinn firearms

I bought a Bushmaster 5.56 MM M-16 full size made by Gwinn Firearms out of Bangor, Maine USA it is all org. with wodden stocks and a top slide like an Uzzi. I just had it cleaned and bought all the parts org. they hade left for this gun. I spoke with a man that use to work at bushmaster and he told me that the gun was made to try to sell to th AIR FORCE but that it was to big for the cock pit the barrel lengeth is 13 and a 1/4 inches with some type of flash suppessor on it. the man I spoke with said that's how they came. It's all org. and I take it to every gun show to try to get some info on it. I spoke with an older man that spent 30 mins just taking it apart and tol me he had not ever seen one but that his friend had one that worked on the contract for the gov and this gun. He then told me that there were only very few made and offered me 5000 dollars witch I almost took. It shoots as true as any new AR-15 or M-16 I have ever fired it rarely miss fires and I just don't really know if what the men I spoke with is true. the total gun length is 40 an3/4 inches. the next gun they built was the .223 hand gun. Does anyone know anything about this gun? I also am getting rid of some of my guns and I might part with this if someone can tell me the true story behind it....
JasonIsLooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 15:05   #2
Points: 9,814, Level: 66 Points: 9,814, Level: 66 Points: 9,814, Level: 66
Last Achievements

Try Blue Book Publishing. https://store.bluebookinc.com/home/default.aspx
Old 02-10-2010, 06:40   #3
Points: 17,371, Level: 84 Points: 17,371, Level: 84 Points: 17,371, Level: 84
Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6%
Last Achievements

I don't know anything about the gun you have, but here is a little info on the "arm pistol". (I know someone who has one of these.)

http://www.biggerhammer.net/armpistol/variants.html
Old 02-15-2010, 08:24   #4
Registered Member
Last Achievements

Thanks I did some research on it last week aqnd found out almost everything about it from Cody firearms museum. it's a 1972 they only made them for 3 years and i have one of the first ones made the gun was the one made before the big arm. they tryed to sell to the air force. he said it worth about three times a new one is worth and for people you collect bushmaster's this is the gun that made the companies name. thanks again the parts from that ugly big gun fit the rifel I have. I'm gonna put it up on auction and see what it pulls. I am not attached to it at all I have 6 AR's and 2 M-16's but I just got the new SEMI 50 barrett and I can pluck the eye off a cow at 600 yards like i'm shooting beer cans with my 22 in the back yard..Later bro thanks again
Old 02-15-2010, 16:01   #5
Points: 6,232, Level: 51 Points: 6,232, Level: 51 Points: 6,232, Level: 51
Last Achievements

Anything like this? I had one years ago. Not very accurate but wish I'd held onto it.
Attached Thumbnails
Bushmaster rifle gwinn firearms-bushmastercwszk1.jpg  
wolfspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 14:25   #6
Registered Member
Last Achievements

same gun with the wodden stock and a 4inch flash suppresor I can't attach a bayonett to it acording to the man I spoke with the serial # was one of the first made and mine is dead on. I made a hundred dollar bet with my brother that I could shoot the handel off his Highpoint from 300 feet away. he liked the gun but it didn't seem to work after the one shot. No Bull groups at 100yds all day long iron sights...I'm selling this on or gonna try and see what it pulls on auction arms tomorrow or auction broker. I have this peice that came with the gun that when the trigger housing is opened you just drop it in. then once you chamber the gun and pull the trigger it doesn't stop til you take your finger off it's kinda neat how it just pops in and out like that. I had know idea what it was til I took it to a gun smith to get the stock removed.Still cant get it off. well anyway thank you for the pick I finally found some feed back. I guess I just had to get laid off so I could look around for stuff to sell and I have enough to get rid of at least 20ty or so. Late...J
Old 02-16-2010, 17:05   #7
Last Achievements

Mine had the wood stock, painted black at the factory. I removed the butt stock & hand guard, stripped the paint & refinished the wood, came out looking great. To remove the butt stock, you have to remove the butt plate & use a long phillips screwdriver. I heard some early receivers were even aluminum before they switched to sheet metal. Good luck with your sale, I know these Bushmasters are pretty rare now.
Old 05-10-2010, 13:40   #8
Registered Member
Points: 1,452, Level: 21 Points: 1,452, Level: 21 Points: 1,452, Level: 21
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by JasonIsLooking View Post
I bought a Bushmaster 5.56 MM M-16 full size made by Gwinn Firearms out of Bangor, Maine USA it is all org. with wodden stocks and a top slide like an Uzzi. I just had it cleaned and bought all the parts org. they hade left for this gun. I spoke with a man that use to work at bushmaster and he told me that the gun was made to try to sell to th AIR FORCE but that it was to big for the cock pit the barrel lengeth is 13 and a 1/4 inches with some type of flash suppessor on it. the man I spoke with said that's how they came. It's all org. and I take it to every gun show to try to get some info on it. I spoke with an older man that spent 30 mins just taking it apart and tol me he had not ever seen one but that his friend had one that worked on the contract for the gov and this gun. He then told me that there were only very few made and offered me 5000 dollars witch I almost took. It shoots as true as any new AR-15 or M-16 I have ever fired it rarely miss fires and I just don't really know if what the men I spoke with is true. the total gun length is 40 an3/4 inches. the next gun they built was the .223 hand gun. Does anyone know anything about this gun? I also am getting rid of some of my guns and I might part with this if someone can tell me the true story behind it....
Jason, I have one just like that. serial # 1313. I'm looking to add a scope to it. Do you know where I can get a scope mount made for it?
Trackercal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:29   #9
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Trackercal View Post
Jason, I have one just like that. serial # 1313. I'm looking to add a scope to it. Do you know where I can get a scope mount made for it?
Mine had the cocking handle on the side. I drilled the top of the receiver & mounted a Weaver base, originally for the Marlin lever action. Used some clear GE silicone caulk under the base to protect against rain and vibrations, then used a rivet gun from the inside of the receiver with steel rivets. The heads cleared the bolt carrier with no problem.

Hope you can mount something without drilling the receiver. That would ruin the value permanently. Good Luck!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:53   #10
Registered Member
Points: 1,452, Level: 21 Points: 1,452, Level: 21 Points: 1,452, Level: 21
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by wolfspotter View Post
Mine had the cocking handle on the side. I drilled the top of the receiver & mounted a Weaver base, originally for the Marlin lever action. Used some clear GE silicone caulk under the base to protect against rain and vibrations, then used a rivet gun from the inside of the receiver with steel rivets. The heads cleared the bolt carrier with no problem.

Hope you can mount something without drilling the receiver. That would ruin the value permanently. Good Luck!
Yes it would, mine has the cocking on the top. The rear sight slides into a slot on top. which makes it hard to mount anything.
Trackercal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:38   #11
Registered Member
Points: 1,020, Level: 17 Points: 1,020, Level: 17 Points: 1,020, Level: 17
Last Achievements

If anyone is interested, I've got an original Gwinn/Bushmaster with the tubular folding stock that I'm willing to part with. It is serial number R001096 and was originally manufactured as a select fire but the cam was ground off the selector at the factory making it semi auto only before it was sold. I've had it in the gun safe all these years but need to start getting rid of some of my hardware. The only thing I don't like about it (other than it's ugly as sin) is the really aggressive extractor. It gouges the brass so it can't be reloaded. It has always provided 2" patterns at 100 yds. with the factory peep sight.
NGAboy is offline   Reply With Quote