Rifles Misc All rifles not covered elsewhere!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 11:50   #26
Points: 3,745, Level: 38 Points: 3,745, Level: 38 Points: 3,745, Level: 38
Activity: 25.4% Activity: 25.4% Activity: 25.4%
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by jimbobborg View Post
I'll have 1000 rounds of 6.8 SPC, and 45 Colt, and 10mm. Why? Who's going to take it if they happen to find my ammo stash?
Might make sure to grab some 16 gauge and some .41 Rem Mag while you're at it...
StreetMini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 13:12   #27
Points: 2,708, Level: 31 Points: 2,708, Level: 31 Points: 2,708, Level: 31
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

...they simultaneously fire 7.62mm bullets from six barrels at up to 4,000 rounds per minute...

i don't think it's all six barrels firing at the same time...but sweet nonetheless drew
Old 09-18-2009, 13:39   #28
Points: 9,814, Level: 66 Points: 9,814, Level: 66 Points: 9,814, Level: 66
Last Achievements

LoL, yea... It would still be one h3LL of gun to have on your roof.
Like this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZQR3RjXXno

Iraq military base security
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmjZBaQLsCw

The function:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxFMFZVQ968
Old 09-18-2009, 19:31   #29
Points: 5,870, Level: 49 Points: 5,870, Level: 49 Points: 5,870, Level: 49
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Sandho79 View Post

i don't think it's all six barrels firing at the same time...but sweet nonetheless drew
It is a gatling gun...one barrel firing at a time, rpm times 6 equals rounds per minute since 6 shots per revolution....but not at the same time.
reverendg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 14:39   #30
Banned
Points: 1,043, Level: 17 Points: 1,043, Level: 17 Points: 1,043, Level: 17
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by jimbobborg View Post
I keep seeing people saying taking ammo from whoever. If I'm dead, the only thing you'll find on me is an empty gun with empty magazines because I will have used up all the ammo. Don't depend on FINDING ammo, it's stupid. There, I said it. The only dependable ammo supply is WHAT YOU HAVE ON HAND. That's why I have 2000 rounds of 5.56 and supplies for 2000 more. And 300 rounds of 7.62 NATO and supplies for 1000 more.

I'll have 1000 rounds of 6.8 SPC, and 45 Colt, and 10mm. Why? Who's going to take it if they happen to find my ammo stash?

Jim
so youre quite confident you wont be killed untill all youre ammo is gone ?
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 14:56   #31
Full on evil Capitalist!
Points: 13,734, Level: 76 Points: 13,734, Level: 76 Points: 13,734, Level: 76
Activity: 62.2% Activity: 62.2% Activity: 62.2%
Last Achievements

It's been awhile, but I'd like to come back on the ammo comment.

Sure, if YOU CAN keep on shooting, you will use what you have to defend yourself.

But the reality is, in a SHTF type of world, you most likely will not be packing around 2000 rounds of anything with your weapon.

And if you don't have it WITH YOU, it's pointless if you are engaged.

At that point of engagement, you only have what you HAVE ON YOU. And that's where having a common caliber weapon might just save your life. Sure, if you have to pick up a weapon off a dead enemy, you would also want to pick up whatever magazines, and ammo they had on them as well. (Now, it's possible if you have a common caliber/mag that you could just pick up the ammo/magazines.)

Of course, in a fire fight, you don't have much time, or ability to hang around and think this over. Spend too much time, and your corpse will be picked over by the next guy looking for ammo/weapons/etc.

In the USA, any .22LR weapon will most likely have ammo.
Same goes for 9x19mm, .45 ACP and .223/5.56. The same goes for 12ga. (And if your shotgun will use any size 12ga, you are golden.)

Now, for hauling around lots of fire power, in a light weight, and compact package, the 9mm is not bad at all, but the PS90 and FN 5.7 works well, but what's the chance the ammo for those weapons are going to be found easy? The reality is 250 rounds in 50 round PS90 mags, and the Pistol with 3 mags of 20 each is crazy light compared to a comparable AR/.45 with that much ammo. But, once you are out of the ammo, you are done if you did not get away, or completely win the encounter.

But, what's the chance if you have a 9mm pistol on your belt, and AR based weapon using common the .223/5.56 caliber? Sure, you might only have say 60 rounds for the rifle, and 15 or 30 for your pistol, but I'd be supprised if your attackers did not have some back up ammo with them as well, and whoever walks away, has the chance to "restock" on the way out.

Will the SHTF like this? I sure hope not, but why do we all plan on the worst case?

Because history is a good indicator of where our nation is headed, and I don't like the path we are on.
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 15:24   #32
Full on evil Capitalist!
Points: 13,734, Level: 76 Points: 13,734, Level: 76 Points: 13,734, Level: 76
Activity: 62.2% Activity: 62.2% Activity: 62.2%
Last Achievements

One more thing that I've put together lately, is a 9mm based SHTF common caliber, and common magazine.

The CX4 in 9mm uses the same mags as the M9/Beretta. The longer 32 round mags will work in the pistol, but are excellent in the carbine. In the carbine, the round is very effective to 100 yards easy, and 150 yards in a pinch. Plenty of power for close in, urban settings. Cool thing is you can carry ammo in the same mags for either weapon, and as noted, it's a common caliber, so finding more should be more likely.
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 15:39   #33
Points: 5,870, Level: 49 Points: 5,870, Level: 49 Points: 5,870, Level: 49
Last Achievements

This is why I have common calibers, and even my relatives nearby have the same calibers for their weaponry. 9mm, 22lr, 12ga, 5.56, and 7.62x39 all around. We have other calibers too, but these are all held in common for situational weaponry.

Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
It's been awhile, but I'd like to come back on the ammo comment.

Sure, if YOU CAN keep on shooting, you will use what you have to defend yourself.

But the reality is, in a SHTF type of world, you most likely will not be packing around 2000 rounds of anything with your weapon.

And if you don't have it WITH YOU, it's pointless if you are engaged.

At that point of engagement, you only have what you HAVE ON YOU. And that's where having a common caliber weapon might just save your life. Sure, if you have to pick up a weapon off a dead enemy, you would also want to pick up whatever magazines, and ammo they had on them as well. (Now, it's possible if you have a common caliber/mag that you could just pick up the ammo/magazines.)

Of course, in a fire fight, you don't have much time, or ability to hang around and think this over. Spend too much time, and your corpse will be picked over by the next guy looking for ammo/weapons/etc.

In the USA, any .22LR weapon will most likely have ammo.
Same goes for 9x19mm, .45 ACP and .223/5.56. The same goes for 12ga. (And if your shotgun will use any size 12ga, you are golden.)

Now, for hauling around lots of fire power, in a light weight, and compact package, the 9mm is not bad at all, but the PS90 and FN 5.7 works well, but what's the chance the ammo for those weapons are going to be found easy? The reality is 250 rounds in 50 round PS90 mags, and the Pistol with 3 mags of 20 each is crazy light compared to a comparable AR/.45 with that much ammo. But, once you are out of the ammo, you are done if you did not get away, or completely win the encounter.

But, what's the chance if you have a 9mm pistol on your belt, and AR based weapon using common the .223/5.56 caliber? Sure, you might only have say 60 rounds for the rifle, and 15 or 30 for your pistol, but I'd be supprised if your attackers did not have some back up ammo with them as well, and whoever walks away, has the chance to "restock" on the way out.

Will the SHTF like this? I sure hope not, but why do we all plan on the worst case?

Because history is a good indicator of where our nation is headed, and I don't like the path we are on.
reverendg is offline   Reply With Quote