Perfect Union banner

Dan Wesson question

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  gunman42782 
#1 ·
Well, it has been a while since I put anything on lay a way. There is one gun that is calling my name. Got a Dan Wesson .41 Magnum, stainless, 4 inch barrel in at work the other day. Been trying to jew the boss down on it some, but so far no luck. Wants $389 for it. Now, I have owned many a double action revolver, but never a Dan Wesson. It sure seems a well built gun, and I like to have both a double and single action revolver for every caliber I reload for. You guessed it, the only think I don't have is a DA .41 Mag. So, any of you guys have any experience with these? I have heard quality was hit and miss with them, and I would say parts are impossible to get now. What say you?

#2 ·
I had a Dan Wesson in .357 mag. I loved it but it was very finicky on handloads and had problems with some the parts coming loose after a bunch of shooting ( like the stop at the loading gate). If it is intact, the timing is correct, and it shoots that isn't a bad price. Just treat it like a Rolls Royce and not a Jeep. Rugers can take abuse, Dan Wessons cannot.

#3 ·
Well, called the boss this morning and told him to put it on lay a way for me. Got him down to $375. Every time I think I am going to quit buying freaking guns I see another one I think I can't live without. Swore I was just gonna stock up on reloading stuff. Dang it.

#4 ·
Enjoy! Hopefully later you might be able to find some other barrels for it.

#5 ·
Yeah, been searching the net, and not coming up with any .41 barrels. CZ sells .357 and .44 Mag barrels, but no .41. I probably wouldn't buy any new barrels for it anyway, as it comes with a 4 incher, which is my favorite length barrel anyway. I did find a place that sells the barrel wrenches at a reasonable price.

#6 ·
I agree, if your eyesight is fairly good, the 4 incher is the best all around barrel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.