Perfect Union banner

Ruger LCR - Short Review

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  CGS 
#1 ·
Well this weekend I finally picked up a Ruger LCR. I was wanting a S&W J frame for a while but when I seen that this was coming out I thought I would give it a try.

Here is a short review of the Ruger LCR

Here is the box that it came in. I would have liked to see some sort of hard plastic case like some of their other guns but oh well.

They did include a nice little zipper case.

I was impressed by how light the gun felt and how good it felt in my hand. Right away I liked the cylinder release button and how it didnt seem like it wag going to tear up my finger like the J frame would sometimes do.

I really like the black and silver look of it.

Here are some pics of mine.

I really enjoyed shooting it and the little shock or "Houge Tamer" on the rear of the grip really helped with felt recoil. Sure beats a metal frame being there like on some revolvers.

I was out of practice with a double action revolver and the trigger took some getting used too. It shot real well and the trigger is comparable to most small revolvers. On the long side from what im used too but still not bad at all once you get used to it.

I did not do a true accuracy test because I was still getting used to the gun. The 158 +P bullets were rather stout but did not make my hand sore after 2 boxes.

Here is a quick group of rapid fire from 8-10 feet.

My overall feeling for this gun is a good one. I am happy with my purchase and would not hesitate at this time to pass on good praise for another fine Ruger revolver.

See less See more
#3 ·
Good review, thanks. I picked one up today at the gun show down here. Just got back from shooting it and I must say this is one slick wheel gun. Just as mentioned above, this little gun feels great and is not bad at all on felt recoil considering its light weight. Groupings are good with Remington 110 grain +P SJHP, similar to the ones in the above photos. The wife loves it and has pretty much claimed this one as hers.

#5 ·
I have been thinking about buying one, perhaps with the laser sight. Last week, my brother asked me to take his out and see how I liked it. I decided to compare it to my S&W 442 J frame with Uncle Mike's rubber grips. I was shooting American Eagle FMJ. No +P stuff for me. I was surprised to find more recoil from the Ruger than from the S&W, as I expected the opposite to be true with those beefy Hogue grips on the LCR. It may be the way I was holding it or the way it fit my hand but some shots were actually painful with the Ruger. I think now the money I was going to spend on the LCR may be better spent on laser sights for the S&W.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.