Perfect Union banner

How do you lube 'em?

10K views 40 replies 31 participants last post by  CrustyShellback 
#1 ·
I'm a few hundred rounds into my life as a reloader and I'm looking for opinions/ideas on case and neck lubing. So far I've only used the Hornady One Shot. I looked at the lube pad thing that came with my RCBS kit and I decided that the spray lube would be far quicker and easier since spraying them in a loading block covered the neck lubing as well. The One Shot is pretty easy, but may not be the most economical since the spray is going on stuff besides the cases.

What do you guys do?

#32 · (Edited)
I have RCBS spray lube that I got at Midway. that has never left me with a stuck case. One shot is not the best out there it has stock 3 223 cases for me before I went too RCBS. I lube all rifle brass from 223 up to 30.06

#39 ·
I make my own.

A 4 oz bottle of liquid lanolin and a quart of 97% Isopropyl alcohol and I'm set for a year or two.

Put cases in a 2 gal ziplock bag, spray in 5-6 sprays, close bag and mix a bit. Pour out in a tray and size.

#40 ·
I use the RCBS glycerin lube but I don't use the pad with .223. I clean the brass and put it in a gallon plastic bag. I then squirt I some glycerin lube and stir the brass around in the bag. I let it set at least over night. I check it the next day and if the brass doesn't feel wet or slick I put in some more lube, mix it and let it set another night. When it feels wet or slick I resize the brass. If you plan ahead you can lube up a couple hundred pieces of brass without too much effort. kwg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.