Perfect Union banner

Diagrams

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jmsfmtex 
#1 ·
I can visualize much better than I can read. I am looking for diagrams, complete breakdown and description, of a cartridge. Specifically a .223 but that does not really matter as I think they all have the same designations.

I also would like a diagram showing the complete chamber of a .223 rifle. This would indicate the "headspace", "freebore", "throat"...

Any directions are appreciated.

#3 ·
Sounds more like your after a chamber reamer drawing, as most cartridge drawings DON'T show the throat/freebore dimentions. These areas are forward of the case mouth, so wouldn't show up on most drawings.
Unless your used to looking at prints, it can get very confusing.
The thing that's tough about the headspace dimention is that it's the linier location of a circle located on a angle, and is not something that most people have a good way to measure. Now, what you can measure with a fair degree of accuracy is the locations of the body/shoulder and shoulder/neck junctions, and these are given on most drawings.

Now, if you truly want to make yourself go cross-eyed, follow the link and remember it shows the largest cartridge dimentions and the smallest chamber dimentions allowed,
http://www.poliisi.fi/intermin/images.nsf/files/AE55118F4B9B6506C2256FBE0032C6DE/$file/TABIcal.pdf

#4 ·
Thank you for the replies. I will have to study these diagrams closely. That should keep me off the streets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.