Perfect Union banner

62 gr Barnes Tripple Shock

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  tri70 
#1 · (Edited)
I made a homemade bullet trap with a Tide jug full of water and a wet box of paper to catch a Barnes bullet and see if they preform like the hype them up to be. I was very surprised when I dug this out of the wet paper. The jug of water made a big splash on impact, I did not think the bullet would penetrate any further but here is the picture of evidence.;)

#4 ·
This is typical of the Barnes X type bullet. Of the 7 elk I have killed with them I have only been able to recover 2 of them and they looked just like the one in the picture after traveling the full length of an elk. The other 5 went clean through leaving MASSIVE tissue distruction in their path. All this was done with a 3006 loaded to 2700fps with the 180 gr Barnes.

#5 · (Edited)
I have developed a load with the 140 TSX BT in my 7 Mag. It shoots great, but I think I am going to have to change to a different bullet. The TSX just copper foul my barrel something fierce. It is too bad. Hope you guys don't have this problem, as it is a great bullet.

#6 ·
I have used some JB bore paste to polish the bore on my mini and Savage bolt, it doesn't foul as bad as new gun do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.