Perfect Union banner

My reloading is coming along.... progressively

948 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  prc77 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been playing around more with my reloading equipment the past two days. Zydeco has his stuff here at my shop and that has helped me alot. I will be buying a single stage press like his here soon because my progressive crapped out on me. It is an older model hornady projector. The primer assembly is very finicky, they no longer sell those parts and the pawls need replacing, it wasnt stopping in the right spot.

Reloading is quite enjoyable. I am having fun and getting a nice looking finished product is very well worth the effort.

So far ive loaded about 30 round of winchester FMJ 55gr with varget, about 27.1 grains (the big lee scoop) in frontier brass trimmed too 1.748~1.752 using cci 400 primers.... with a lee factory crimp that is very light. It is a compact load. 2.53~2.55 OAL

I also loaded 5 nolser 55gr ballistic tips using new remmington nickel brass, same specs as above, and 5 using the small lee scoop. This is my varmit load so accuracy matters here. I will see how they act at 200 plus yards before I load the rest of that box of bullets. 26.2 OAL

BTW Zydeco... I will have you more powder next time I get to the store :D Thanks!!!!

EDIT

I am about to throw the progrssive in the lake. It completly fell apart on me tonight. If anyone knows how to send scrap metal to hell with UPS overnight air let me know.

See less See more
#2 ·
You might consider a Lee turret instead of a single stage. I have a progressive for volume, and got a turret to deal with goofs. It's really slick. The auto index is a POS, but rotating by hand is super easy, and pulling a turret is just a 45 degree turn and out it comes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.