Perfect Union banner

Musilm the religion of peace....gag!

7K views 65 replies 18 participants last post by  40nascar 
#1 · (Edited)
Data Lost.

Content expired:

#47 · (Edited)
Fraud is endemic in the anti-Muslim hate industry.

August 18, 2010

On September 11, 2001 the man everyone knew as E. Michael Caner began to transform. Evangelicals were in shock, along with the rest of America, after seeing thousands die in the name of god. Starved for answers from a Biblical worldview, Caner stepped up with them. By April 15, 2005 his transformation into Ergun Mehmet Caner was complete.

On April 15, 2005 Ergun Caner conducted two training sessions for the United States Marines in New River, North Carolina. The United States Marines provided Witnesses Unto Me with video footage of this training. One session was labeled "theater" and the other "o-club" (photo) indicating the location of the training. Caner starts both sessions with an autobiographical sketch which paints a clear picture of him being born and raised in Turkey and being trained as a terrorist before coming to America. This is the experience which gives Caner the authority to train the US Marines on "protocols of jihad" and Islamic culture. The problem, as Witnesses Unto Mereadersknow, is that Ergun Caner was born in Sweden, not Turkey, moved to the United States at age two, and beginning when he was eight years old lived with his non-Muslim mother.

According to Major Will Klumpp, the direcor of the Joint Public Affairs Office in Cherry Point, NC, the Marines "have incorporated cultural training from many different sources in pre-deployment training programs for several years. The training the Marines and Sailors have received has helped prepare them for deployment to the Middle East."

It is unclear at this point what kind of damage has been done. Ergun's factual claims concerning growing up in Turkey and the authority on which he speaks is blatantly false. It is not known to this author if the actual teaching on Islamic culture and protocols of jihad was fabricated as well. If that information was false as well, the Marines trained by Ergun Caner need prayer while deployed in Islamic countries.

Dr. Caner was contacted by Witnesses Unto Me in the spirit of Matthew 18, but he would not respond. He was again contacted by Witnesses Unto Me for comment in hopes of fairly representing his position, but again did not respond. More than three weeks have passed since the first contact on this specific matter and nearly 10 months have passed since Witnesses Unto Me's initial contact with Caner concerning erroneous statements in his speech. The only public comment to come from Caner since June 25th seems to be coming from his India based PR firm.

UPDATE: Due to a copyright claim from Caner, the videos have been removed from the internet while the claim is being litigated.
4/22/14 UPDATE: US Court ruled on 4/17/14 that the video evidence posted here did not violate copyright law and YouTube re-posted the video on 4/22/14, which is again posted below.
United States Marines duped by pretend jihadist, Ergun Caner | Witnesses Unto Me

Well Dragunov, these are "military sources, videos and texts," and they are no less fraudulent for that.

Fraud and lying are the business models of the hatriot fringe. Keep in mind, these are self-professed "Christians" living lives of lies.

12/4/2013

If you were the trustee of a troubled college fighting to keep its accreditation, would you hire as your new president someone who was forced out of a previous academic post for lying about his past? That's what the trustees of Brewton-Parker College in Georgia have just done; the college announced this week that it has hired Ergun Caner to be its new president.

Caner is the former dean of the seminary at Liberty University who was removed from that job in 2010 when the school could no longer ignore the evidence that the Jihadi-to-Jesus life story Caner had been peddling since the 9/11 attacks turned out to be a pack of lies
. (Caner said, for example, that he was raised in Turkey and trained as an America-hating jihadist; in reality he was born in Sweden and moved to the U.S. as a very young child.)

Caner's most relentless critics are not "pagan" but born-again evangelicals who take great offense at Caner's lying to fellow Christians from church pulpits. It's hard to see how Caner's hiring is evidence, as outgoing president Mike Simoneux claims, of the school's "decision to honor Jesus Christ in every area."

The most devastating weapon in the arsenal of Caner's critics has been Caner's own demonstrably dishonest words, captured in this digital age for everyone to see. Caner, who has taken a bullying, blustering approach to his critics, set out this summer to purge the online evidence of his lying. In May this year, he had 34 videos that critics had posted online taken down from YouTube by filing copyright claims under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. (Sound familiar?) In June, he filed a lawsuit against Jonathan Autry and Jason Smathers, claiming they had "willfully and purposefully infringed" on his copyright.

Among Caner's claims is that Smathers and Autry (operating separately) violated his copyright by posting video of speeches Caner gave to U.S. Marines in 2005 training sessions. They had obtained video of the speeches by filing Freedom of Information Act requests with the Marine Corps. Then they posted the videos online so that others could see and hear Caner's claims firsthand and judge whether they were taking his remarks out of context. The videos showed Caner misrepresenting his past in order to bolster his credentials as an expert on Islamic terrorism.

It's easy to understand why Caner would like to cleanse the public record of his lying to Marines. But a description of the case on Smathers' website makes it sound like Caner wants to go beyond silencing his critics to punishing or destroying them. Smathers writes that even though Autry took down Caner's videos, and offered to sign a non-disparagement agreement, he faced escalating demands that he could not afford to meet. Says Autry, "Dr. Caner has continued with the lawsuit for apparently no reason other than to seek attorney fees that I cannot afford to pay." In a sworn statement, Autry says Caner demanded that Autry's wife and three young children also sign non-disparagement agreements, and that Caner threatened to bankrupt him by following up his copyright suit with a defamation claim.

Just before Thanksgiving, attorneys for Smathers and Autry filed a motion to dismiss the charges; their filing is worth reading. It provides documentation of Caner's duplicity as well as a sense of the flimsiness of his legal claims. The attorneys conclude that "Dr. Caner's motive is simply to lock the videos away so that no one can expose his dishonesty." Among the assertions in the motion:

Caner made his speeches to the Marines as a government contractor; therefore the government, and not Caner, owns the lectures.
It is a longstanding principal of Freedom of Information Act law that "a release to one is a release to all." Since the USMC released the video of Caner's speech, it is available to every member of the public.
Caner's copyright claims are bogus because he has not shown that he has copyright to the videos in question. The videos were posted online in 2010; he now claims that his applications are pending.

The attorneys also note, "It is a crime to falsely represent the truth on a copyright application."

Caner has also gone after another persistent critic, James White of Alpha & Omega Ministries. When Caner was at Arlington Baptist College, White says, the school tried to get a local church to cancel a presentation White gave about Caner's "many fraudulent claims," and charged White with criminal trespass when a former student distributed flyers on campus about his upcoming speech. (White wasn't even in the state at the time; the charges were dropped.) White is basically begging Caner to sue him, saying he would love to depose Caner, his colleagues, and his family about the claims he made repeatedly over the years.

Brewton-Parker's trustees are not the only people willing to overlook Caner's dishonesty. Arlington Baptist College made Caner provost after his demotion at Liberty. And in May this year Caner was invited to address the Family Research Council's "Watchmen on the Wall" conference for pastors.

White seems personally offended by Caner's behavior, saying it is a sin for Caner to sue Christian pastors to "suppress the truth about his own lies." Autry is also personally troubled by Caner's behavior; he says he attended college and seminary at Liberty while Caner was the seminary's dean.

But the trustees at Brewton-Parker College see something else in Caner. Trustee Bucky Kennedy said in the school's press release that Caner's "character and love for God are admirable and inspirational."

It makes one wonder what Brewton-Parker teaches its students about the definition of "character."
Disgraced Former Liberty Dean Ergun Caner Gets New Job, Seeks To Silence Critics

#49 ·
The sources you steered her to, Walid Shoebat and Robert Spencer, are frauds. It doesn't matter that their materials are available on base. The location of those materials does not change the fact that those materials are fraudulent propaganda, written and peddled by frauds. I notice you failed to address this fact:
United States Marines duped by pretend jihadist, Ergun Caner - Witnesses Unto Me

That materials are available on base does not mean they aren't bogus. Clearly, in some cases, they are, and that is particularly true of anti-Muslim propaganda, nearly all of which is deceptive and deliberately inflammatory.

You're teaching your daughter to hate more than a billion people, based on lies. Terrorists are no more representative of Islam than the Conquistadors were representative of Christians.

#50 · (Edited)
This article is worth reading:

Anti-Muslim crusaders make millions spreading fear | The Tennessean | tennessean.com

What the hatemongers won't tell you about Muslims:

Inside Islam: What a Billion Muslims Really Think

Muslim Voices Against Extremism and Terrorism | The American Muslim (TAM)

Muslim clerics declare terror 'un-Islamic' | Times of India

Koranic duels ease terror - CSMonitor.com

Arab and Muslim Reactions to the Terrorist Attack in Beslan, Russia

This Webby nominated Islam and Islamic Studies website also touches on the areas of Arabic and Religion (focusing on Western religions). It is particularly intended to be of use for non-Muslim and Muslim students and teachers at all levels as well for members of the general public who wish to get a non-polemical and non-sectarian view of Islam and the diverse perspectives of Muslims (including Sunni Islam, Shi'ism, and Sufism, et al.) and to a lesser extent of Judaism and Christianity.

Note that the vast majority of religion sites on the Web are established by committed believers. Although this presents certain problems (one of which is the variable quality of the material), its virtue is that the discourse of believers is directly accessible to students of religion. The articles linked on this site have been written both by Muslim and non-Muslim scholars as well as informed believers. Of course, the views expressed in the links connected to this site are not necessarily the views of Dr. Godlas or the University of Georgia.
Islam and Islamic Studies Resources

#52 ·
#51 ·
One of my degrees is in comparative world religions, and I have read the Koran, as well as most of the Hadith in the course of my studies.

Unlike the Christian Bible with an old and new testament, (where the new testament fulfills the law of the old, thereby becoming a religion of peace and tolerance), the Koran and other Islamic texts clearly and repeatedly teach intolerance of infidels, and either forced conversion or death to those that don't believe.

It is an evil religion. A violent religion. Read the Koran and the Hadith...then say its a peaceful religion with just a few wack jobs.

Yes, there have been a few crazy Christians in recent history that have blown up abortion clinics or killed abortion doctors. But those are the anomaly.

Kev

Reactions: Dragunov
#61 ·
One of my degrees is in comparative world religions, and I have read the Koran, as well as most of the Hadith in the course of my studies.

Unlike the Christian Bible with an old and new testament, (where the new testament fulfills the law of the old, thereby becoming a religion of peace and tolerance), the Koran and other Islamic texts clearly and repeatedly teach intolerance of infidels, and either forced conversion or death to those that don't believe.

It is an evil religion. A violent religion. Read the Koran and the Hadith...then say its a peaceful religion with just a few wack jobs.

Yes, there have been a few crazy Christians in recent history that have blown up abortion clinics or killed abortion doctors. But those are the anomaly.

Kev
Then you would agree, that the information in my daughters paper, is correct, and valid, would you not?

#53 ·
I notice Freesw went silent on this subject. Think he's reading the Koran and the Hadith to seek out the truth? Or will he just spout off with more liberal rhetoric? I notice he tends to go silent when nailed between the eyes with irrefutable evidence.

His link, http://islam.uga.edu/ , is extremely slanted, and while its goal is to defend Islam as peaceful, sadly they leave out all of the violent texts and commands concerning the infidel...which is pervasive and at the heart of Islam.

Kev

#54 ·
I see no "irrefutable evidence" from you or Dragunov at all.

What I do see is that you and Dragunov are stuck on Bigot and are unwilling to examine the veracity and integrity of those who have made an industry of bigotry. The evidence is overwhelming that these merchants of hate are some world-class liars, and if you aren't willing to look into that, then it is clear you are incapable of discussing this issue honestly. No amount of evidence can persuade you of the error of your bigotry, because you've already shown not only your willingness to adhere to lies, but your insistence upon them.

I've made the case already that you haters apply one standard to Muslims and an entirely different set of standards to Christians. As if that's not bad enough, you then go on to spread the lies of thoroughly discredited and disgraced hatemongers.

#58 ·
I've made the case already that you haters apply one standard to Muslims and an entirely different set of standards to Christians. As if that's not bad enough, you then go on to spread the lies of thoroughly discredited and disgraced hatemongers.
If you want, we can go into the catholic, morman, jehovahs witness, scientology and christian science cults as well.

#55 ·
Again...did you read the Koran or the Hadith? Its a way different animal that the New Testament, or even the Old Testament. The core, the root of its message, is intolerance to unbelievers, coerced conversion, or death to the infidel.

I'm agnostic by the way. I view all religions more or less academically. I think the Sikhs are my favorite.

Kev

Reactions: Dragunov
#56 ·
#64 ·
Well lets see if Mr. Free can pick the right answer (his chances are 50%). We'll do a word association game. The word is one of mr(?) frees favorites: Mysogeny. Which religion (or, if you prefer, "faith") is more closely associated with Mysogeny?, Islam or Christianity, and give a justification (explanation) of your answer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.