Religion Chit Chat This is a place for all religious talk.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 15:02   #1
anti-capitalist
Points: 77,836, Level: 100 Points: 77,836, Level: 100 Points: 77,836, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements

Who could have seen this coming?

The world's largest Christian TV channel, the California-based Trinity Broadcasting Network, has become embroiled in a multimillion-dollar financial scandal after members of the family that founded it alleged widespread embezzlement.

McVeigh's lawsuit makes the most damning allegations, claiming "unlawful and unreported income distributions to Trinity Broadcasting's directors" with "multiple jet aircraft, including a $50m Global Express luxury jet aircraft purchased for the personal use of the Crouches through a sham loan … as well as an $8m Hawker jet aircraft purchased by Trinity Broadcasting for the personal use of director Janice Crouch".

It also describes the purchase of "multiple motor vehicles, including a $100,000 motor home purchased by Trinity Broadcasting as a mobile residence for director Janice Crouch's dogs".

Directors of the network are also accused of misusing funds to cover up sex scandals ...
World's largest Christian TV channel 'funds owners' exorbitant lifestyle' | World news | guardian.co.uk
Old 03-26-2012, 15:06   #2
Points: 27,395, Level: 98 Points: 27,395, Level: 98 Points: 27,395, Level: 98
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
Last Achievements

Did they homicide bomb anyone?
Groucho Marx
Dirty Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 18:52   #3
Points: 19,045, Level: 87 Points: 19,045, Level: 87 Points: 19,045, Level: 87
Activity: 35.5% Activity: 35.5% Activity: 35.5%
Last Achievements

I've always thought of these folks as " JESUS Freaks and Bible thumpers ", as the devil will do his best work at the pulpit as a follower of " GOD " !
Old 03-28-2012, 23:06   #4
Points: 2,799, Level: 32 Points: 2,799, Level: 32 Points: 2,799, Level: 32
Activity: 12.7% Activity: 12.7% Activity: 12.7%
Last Achievements

Nothing surprising about it.
survivalguy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:16   #5
Points: 13,808, Level: 76 Points: 13,808, Level: 76 Points: 13,808, Level: 76
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

The 'church', and I say that with some reservation, has always been victim to those who would aggrandize themselves, making themselves out to be more than they are, and fleecing the 'sheep' regularly. I mean, even the bible calls us 'sheep'.

For regardless of whatever venue in which you want to the play the game, the love of money is still the root of all evil...

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." 1Tim 6:10,

...and perhaps never more so than today, when all things good are under assault.

That saying, "He who dies with the most toys" sounds cool and all...but he's still dead, and the toys someone else's.

These things are as much a reflection of the state of things today, as they are of the rogue, filthy lucre grabbing preacher.

"But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived." 2 Tim 3:13.

For the truth is, folks are getting what they want, and are willing and able to pay to get it,

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." 2 Tim 4:3-4.

So, a surprise? I don't think so...it's almost to the point, that finding an honest, moral man of integrity is the surprise.

I mean, look at your government, corrupt to the core, selling what isn't theirs for money, power and favor, calling black white, and white black...and proving daily the scripture found in 1 Cor 15:33...

"Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners."

While not claiming a righteousness to myself greater than that which is mine by virtue
of my believing and living in Jesus Christ, I can say with utmost assurance, that I know what Lot felt like,

"And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds" Second Peter 2:7-8.

It is truly an amazing, and a vexing thing, to see what is about us today...
Shotgunbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:53   #6
Points: 5,461, Level: 47 Points: 5,461, Level: 47 Points: 5,461, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

The USA is full of folks that want to live off other folks money. Whats bad is these folks are getting theirs off others missery. Folks have problems and they have a fix . just send in money. The word tells us the anti christ was in the church from the beginning. God never said we wouldnt have troubles. Jesus said we would if we follow Him.
plumbernater is offline   Reply With Quote