Religion Chit Chat This is a place for all religious talk.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 07:54   #1
Last Achievements

huh?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Isaiah 17:13 Although the peoples roar like the roar of surging waters, when he rebukes them they flee far away, driven before the wind like chaff on the hills, like tumbleweed before a gale.

Last edited by star; 08-06-2012 at 14:14.
star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:29   #2
Points: 16,028, Level: 81 Points: 16,028, Level: 81 Points: 16,028, Level: 81
Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2%
Last Achievements

Your guess on this is as good as anyone's !
Old 04-04-2012, 14:07   #3
2nd amendment defender
Points: 464, Level: 9 Points: 464, Level: 9 Points: 464, Level: 9
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

If it's not a KJV it's not the word of GOD
cowboy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:57   #4
Points: 13,808, Level: 76 Points: 13,808, Level: 76 Points: 13,808, Level: 76
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

If the KJV was good enough for the apostle Paul...it is certainly good enough for me.

But seriously, Jesus promised his disciples that He would return in the person of the Holy Spirit, and that as the Holy Spirit He would 'teach you all things', and bring the things He'd said and done, to the disciples. Who would then, write of these things, which we'd read today in the bible,

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

And that this Holy Spirit would testify of Jesus, as would the disciples also...

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning." John 15:26-27.

That He would guide His own into truth and revelation,

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you." John 16:13-15.

All of this was accomplished by the Lord Jesus himself, in the person of the Holy Spirit. That spiritual guidance remains until this day, in the most widely distributed book on this planet, the King James Version of the bible. It may not be the only acceptable version of the bible to be found, but it is inarguably the one bearing the imprimatur of the Holy Spirit, the Father, and the Son.

If God sent His only begotten Son, not that a few might be saved, but that the entirety of the world should be saved, or at least offered the opportunity to believe and be saved. Then likewise, His Word is given, not to a few, not to a select elite, but to the entirety of the world. God's salvation, and His Word, are universal. The version of the Word that most of the world reads, is the KJV.

There are no secret codes, no special keys, no numerologies or closed portions of the scripture. All one need do, all one must do, is read it. For once again, John speaks of the Word in the lives of Christians today,

"But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." 1 John 2:27, and,

"But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things." 1 John 2:20.

That unction isn't a total knowledge of the Word...but is instead the presence of the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, the guide, which guides us, both individually as the Spirit-filled believer, and as the Holy Spirit in the church corporate, into the truth of His Word.

For of a veritable truth, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men." John 1:1-4.

All that mankind needs to come unto a saving knowledge of salvation, and a satisfying life in God, is to be found in the Word. For He is present today as never before...He is in the church, in the believer, in the paper pages of the bible, in the electronic pages of the computer, in our hearts and spirits...

And no man, standing before that throne, will be able to use the excuse, "But I didn't know, and couldn't find out".
Shotgunbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 13:38   #5
2nd amendment defender
Points: 464, Level: 9 Points: 464, Level: 9 Points: 464, Level: 9
Last Achievements

Well said Shotgunbill!! AMEN and AMEN
cowboy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:54   #6
Points: 5,461, Level: 47 Points: 5,461, Level: 47 Points: 5,461, Level: 47
Last Achievements

There are several bibles out there that are good translations. They stick to the word in good english form, that is easier to under stand. I just bought one for my daughter that just came to Christ and she was having a hard time with the KJV. O f course its not the political correct , muslem friendly bible as described above. Dont put down a good english translation bible that sticks to the word. If you go to greek and hebrew translations you can find the KJV lacking. English language dosent have words with the expression of the original writings. But the message is the same. I was given a new american standard bible when I was saved, and it has been there for my learning the word. After reading the KJV I find no falt with it. I hate political correct stuff. Work of the anti christ in it. Only Jesus can take away your sins.

Last edited by plumbernater; 04-06-2012 at 06:17.
plumbernater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:33   #7
Points: 13,808, Level: 76 Points: 13,808, Level: 76 Points: 13,808, Level: 76
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

It isn't what version your bible is...it is that it says the same thing, in another, perhaps more understandable way, that the original tongues said.

Here's a truth. There is no secret key, no special code, no hidden numerologies, no closed doors...to anyone who will read and study God's Word.

If God gave His Son that the whole world might be saved...He gave us His Word, that the whole world might be able to know God through that Word. Greek and Latin scholars are a dime a dozen...and it wasn't only to them the Word was given, but also to us simpletons, us rednecks and we dummies, to whom God will reveal His Word as readily as to any doctorate of divinity, or 'reverend so and so'.

If we but devote ourselves to reading and studying His Word, seeking for, greedily grasping and applying that truth to our lives...well, we'll be okay in the long run.

For, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1.

And, "...there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." 1 John 5:7
Shotgunbill is offline   Reply With Quote