Religion Chit Chat This is a place for all religious talk.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 09:38   #1
Points: 13,808, Level: 76 Points: 13,808, Level: 76 Points: 13,808, Level: 76
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Rapture Snipers Inc...

Let me coin today, a new term, Rapture Snipers.

And what do I mean by that? Lend me your ear and consider.

Before time, there was eternity. After time, eternity will commence yet again. For time is nought but a tiny peice of eternity, set aside in order that God may execute His Eternal Purpose.

So where then, are we? We are in time (Genesis 1:1 through Revelation 10:6-7).
But on each side of time, is again, eternity, which has no beginning, no ending.

So draw a very big circle, representing eternity. In that circle, put a straight line, say about ten miles long (but representing many thousands of years). Within a short distance (oh, maybe ten feet or so) of the end of that line, put a miniscule point, the touch of a very fine pen making a tiny dot almost too small to see with the eye.

That dot is the rapture. It is a small dot, because the amount of time the rapture will take, compared to all of time and eternity, is measured thus, "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye..." 1 Cor 15:52.

So out of an immeasurably long line, capped on each end by eternity, the tiniest of targets, the rapture dot, spanning a moment, the twinkling of an eye, must be hit with certainty.

So, are you one who believes you will hit it? That you will be 'raptured'? If so, then you are a Rapture Sniper, for nothing short of the finest snipers ever made, are going to hit it.

Good shootin' to ya,

Shotgun Bill
Shotgunbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 19:08   #2
Points: 5,461, Level: 47 Points: 5,461, Level: 47 Points: 5,461, Level: 47
Last Achievements

That sir is a pretty good concept. I like it.
plumbernater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 19:40   #3
Points: 23,705, Level: 94 Points: 23,705, Level: 94 Points: 23,705, Level: 94
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%
Last Achievements

other than the rapture doctrine is a fictional invention of 1830's Plymouth Brethern and has no historical or biblical basis. I suggest that one prepares themselves for living a Christian life here and now, through thick and thin, good times and bad, rather than placing hope on an escape from any persecution. Hard to accept that some are going to get off easy while Christians for 2k years have died martyr's deaths ( and many are today).
Old 07-20-2012, 04:28   #4
Points: 13,808, Level: 76 Points: 13,808, Level: 76 Points: 13,808, Level: 76
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

No basis in biblical fact? Well, yeah, I think you're right. It won't be a rapture, but rather, a resurrection. And the resurrection will occur on 'the last day'.

The entire rapture doctrine is based upon a mis-reading or faulty interpretation of the Revelation 4:1.

That and of course, the idea Christians will be treated real special when it comes to tribulation (which by way, is hitting somebody, somewhere, every single day...including Christians).

The opening post in this thread then, is a tongue in cheek approach to the entire idea that we, out of billions of people, throughout thousands of years, should be so lucky...as to escape the common lot of man.
Shotgunbill is offline   Reply With Quote