Religion Chit Chat This is a place for all religious talk.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 15:58   #1
Points: 1,168, Level: 18 Points: 1,168, Level: 18 Points: 1,168, Level: 18
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Ah! but we WILL carry some things with us..

Paul said to Timothy, “For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.” 1 Tim 6:7.

And this is veritable truth. You cannot take your money or gold, you cannot take your prized possessions, not even your Benelli shotguns. All that must be left behind.

But not all that is man will lie in the grave, and moldering, return unto dust. For some things will accompany us into eternity, there to be taken into account when we stand before the Judgment Throne of God.

Among those things with which we’ll be clothed before that throne, will be our words, spoken here on earth, “But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.” Matthew 12:36-37.

I suppose much could be said about that statement above…but actually, it seems plain enough to stand upon its own, wouldn’t you say? And really, who would’ve thought our words would accompany us into eternity, sitting silently by all those long years of sleep, to face us once again upon our rising?

And then again, we’ll have with us our works, done here upon earth and in this life, “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.” 2 Cor 5:10.

For every man dies, and every man faces that which comes thereafter “…for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.” Romans 14:10-12.

Some say there will be no judgment. To those I offer this challenge. If there is no judgment after death, then there must be no death. Will you be the one who manages to escape death? If you then, can escape death, I will reconsider my commitment to being the best and the most prepared I can be, as I stand before that throne.

And keeping that thought in mind, I will watch my words. For He’s watching them too.
Sahagan is offline   Reply With Quote