Religion Chit Chat This is a place for all religious talk.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 21:38   #1
Points: 4,245, Level: 41 Points: 4,245, Level: 41 Points: 4,245, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Angry Minnesota “Honor” Killing: Man Kills Stepdaughter For Not Following Islam…

"Authorities say a Minnesota man killed his 20-year-old stepdaughter in Michigan because she left home and wasn’t following Islam."

Coon Rapids man accused of killing stepdaughter in Michigan for leaving home, not following Islam - TwinCities.com

Yup, that's the way Christians do it so it must be ok for muzzies to do it. PUKE!!! Religion of peace, my A$$!!! That pseudo-religion needs to be eradicated from America, deport them back to there he!! hole, build a fence around it and don't let the animals out, EVER!!! The taking of a life just because you don't believe the same as someone else is beyond asinine! And, you just watch, he will be tried by shria law and found within his rights as laid out by the koran and released to do it again. Scum like this need to be dismembered while alive and watching as the PIGS feed upon there body parts!!! Put it on television for the whole world to watch. You want to try to kill someone coward for not believing in your sickness, try a man and not a little girl. Dirty arse wipe!

Dead Man Walking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:12   #2
Points: 5,481, Level: 47 Points: 5,481, Level: 47 Points: 5,481, Level: 47
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Last Achievements

yea dmw +100000 on that we just sent one of those pigs to prison for the same bull **** he ran his daughter over.
curt mini14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:41   #3
Points: 1,168, Level: 18 Points: 1,168, Level: 18 Points: 1,168, Level: 18
Last Achievements

What's wrong with the picture? The thread immediately preceding this one says, "Throwing Bin Laden's body in sea a 'sin'", while this thread actually celebrates a murder, calling it an 'honor' killing.

Is it any wonder people ask how one can tell the difference between biblical Christianity and other religions, especially those that resort to violence, extortion, fear, and so forth?

This will help, "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." 2 Tim 2:19.

Christians, true, biblical Christians (or true Christian churches) DO NOT engage in iniquity, which is, when all is said and done, simple wickedness. For those who are known of God, and who know God, such behavior is beyond comprehension.

And yes, 'iniquity' does include the tribulation known as the 'Inquisition', predatory behavior by religious persons in power, even such things as "Catholics versus Protestants" in some places.

It's a shame that fighting and killing for your ideas (even in self-proclaimed self defense), from either side, can place you on the path to eventual damnation, for God sees either one, as sin, or iniquity.

Last edited by Sahagan; 08-05-2011 at 13:05.
Sahagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 16:34   #4
Points: 5,461, Level: 47 Points: 5,461, Level: 47 Points: 5,461, Level: 47
Last Achievements

I wonder sometimes if protecting the inocent from evil would be a sin. My point being you are walking down the street and you see the father attempting to kill his daughter. Being you are carrying your side arm and you soot the dog before he kills his daughter, saving her life and she continues glorifying the lord JESUS . being she is a beleiver since she was about to die in JESUS'S name. I thought murder was a crime in this country no matter what you beleive.
plumbernater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 18:06   #5
Points: 1,168, Level: 18 Points: 1,168, Level: 18 Points: 1,168, Level: 18
Last Achievements

Note...if I use caps, it is for emphasis only, and that I may make my point more clearly.

"I thought murder was a crime in this country no matter what you beleive."

Yes, I've always believed that. But, in criminal law, I reckon there's a thing about 'justifiable' homicide, or 'self defense'. And I know in this state, it is lawful indeed, to use deadly force to protect your life, the life of another, or even in some cases, your property.

But if we lock God into following laws and dictates in respect to just such a scenario as you've outlined, I think we do Him an injustice.

For it is Paul who said, "Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: FOR THE LETTER KILLETH, BUT THE SPIRIT GIVETH LIFE." 2 Cor. 3:6.

In the case you mentioned above, if following the letter of the (Old Testament) law (Thou shalt not kill), the girl will die...and the fact will be that the letter, by not allowing you to deliver her from her murderous father, killed her.

If Jesus were here on earth, in person just as you and I are, what would He have done? I suspect He, being able to work any and all kinds of miracles, would have miraculously delivered the girl (just as He delivered Peter from drowning). But us? We don't generally do miracles that contravene the laws of physics and nature (not that some couldn't, but that it isn't a general thing).

And God, being concerned with righteous judgment over and beyond the law, I believe would expect us to intervene and save the innocent girl's life, even it if came to using deadly force. For it was James who said, "For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; AND MERCY REJOICETH AGAINST JUDGMENT." James 2:13. I believe God would have mercy in this case, with the innocent delivered, and the would-be murderer delivered at the same time, one way or another (dead or alive) to judgment.

But something like this is hard to establish objectively, for any passage of scripture we might use to buttress a particular position, can usually be used to cut both ways, not to mention other passages that deal with the matter from a different light.
Sahagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:37   #6
Points: 5,461, Level: 47 Points: 5,461, Level: 47 Points: 5,461, Level: 47
Last Achievements

I wasnt calling self defence murder. I thank you for your answer its the most intellegent one Ive gotten. All others have left me hanging still wondering, For this Ive wondered for a long time being I carry and Im a Christian. Allways thinking Id rather be tried by 12 rather than carried by 6. I hope to never use my gun in such a situation. I do think JESUS speaking of the heart in such teachings as lust, It would apply to thinking about killing verses, help me and bang. No time to dwell on killing someone, just helping on the spur of the moment.
plumbernater is offline   Reply With Quote