Religion Chit Chat This is a place for all religious talk.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 21:32   #1
Points: 4,245, Level: 41 Points: 4,245, Level: 41 Points: 4,245, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Smile Christianity in American Government

YouTube - Christianity in American Government

God Bless America

Dead Man Walking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 21:48   #2
Last Achievements

Why Obama Is Not A Christian: Reason #1-4

YouTube - Why Obama Is Not A Christian: Reason #1

YouTube - Why Obama Is Not A Christian: Reason #2

YouTube - Why Obama Is Not A Christian: Reason #3

YouTube - Why Obama Is Not A Christian: Reason #4

There are seven of these great videos.

Old 04-26-2011, 23:53   #3
Points: 23,705, Level: 94 Points: 23,705, Level: 94 Points: 23,705, Level: 94
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%
Last Achievements

I would suggest to focus on one's own salvation and leave the judging to the one who will be doing the real judging. We will be held to the same level of accountability that we demand of others. I have enough work to do in my own life and not enough to worry about someone elses, especially since I cannot see their heart.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:17   #4
Odd Pachyderm thingy
Points: 13,533, Level: 75 Points: 13,533, Level: 75 Points: 13,533, Level: 75
Activity: 14.4% Activity: 14.4% Activity: 14.4%
Last Achievements

+1 to Gossman.

simply live by the golden rule - and IF there is an Almighty...
you will be covered

and If there is no Almighty...
hey, at least you lived a good life and can die with a clear concience

Either way, you are good to go.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Mr. Snuffalupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 13:46   #5
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by gossman View Post
I would suggest to focus on one's own salvation and leave the judging to the one who will be doing the real judging. We will be held to the same level of accountability that we demand of others. I have enough work to do in my own life and not enough to worry about someone elses, especially since I cannot see their heart.
Yeah, to a degree, but when he is the leader of our nation, BULL CRAP! The problem with many people who have this lame idea that if we live and let live everything will be fine. Let the muslims take over the world, just as long as they don't bother me . . . To that I say, you deserve your just rewards.

Old 04-27-2011, 14:46   #6
Points: 23,705, Level: 94 Points: 23,705, Level: 94 Points: 23,705, Level: 94
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Dead Man Walking View Post
Yeah, to a degree, but when he is the leader of our nation, BULL CRAP! The problem with many people who have this lame idea that if we live and let live everything will be fine. Let the muslims take over the world, just as long as they don't bother me . . . To that I say, you deserve your just rewards.
I am not saying we are not to be concerned but we are to realize that scripturally we are to uphold our leaders in prayer. If they are evil, we need to pray that they perhaps can do less evil or even none. All leaders are in place only because God allows this. Muslims (fundamentalist) are an issue we need to deal with, but we need to also realize that all men bear the image of God no matter how smudged. As far as Obama being a Muslim, I have my doubts, he lacks the devoutness that is needed to be one. I will agree that he is sympathetic to Muslims, most likely because of his upbringing and contact with the general Muslim world. I served in the Marines over 30 years ago alongside of Muslims that posed no problem to me, the military, or the world. The average Muslim is not a rampaging madman with bombs strapped to their bodies. And realize that not all Arabs are Muslims, along with any olive skinned person who happens to wear a head covering. Many of those are Arabic Christians (they existed long before Europeans ever heard the call of Christ).
Old 05-11-2011, 22:30   #7
Points: 854, Level: 15 Points: 854, Level: 15 Points: 854, Level: 15
Last Achievements

A question to ponder...

I understand what you are saying about if it doesn't concern you live a good life and let others be. But we as a nation need to start looking at things a little different. Ponder this...sitting on your porch one night you watch your neighbors get dragged out into the street and their possessions confiscated. Do you, 1>) do nothing. 2>)stand up for your neighbors and help them?
If you are not your brother's keepers who will come to your aid should you be the next neighbor to be unfairly accosted?
I once had a conversation with some nurses about something similar.
1.) The most reserved Christian among them would turn the other cheek and run and never bear arms should someone shoot up her house with her loved ones inside.
2.) One would have returned fire.
3.) One would have laid down her firearms and tried reasoning with the shooters.
My thoughts as being more proactive that reactive, I'd fire the first shot for the first untoward step!
Old 05-12-2011, 07:32   #8
Points: 4,617, Level: 43 Points: 4,617, Level: 43 Points: 4,617, Level: 43
Activity: 83.6% Activity: 83.6% Activity: 83.6%
Last Achievements

"For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified." Romans 2:13

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deluding your own selves." James 1:22

"Enter ye in by the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many are they that enter in thereby." Matthew 7:13

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven." Matthew 7:21

"And why call you me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" Luke 6:46

"For I know nothing against myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord." I Corinthians 4:4
bmcgilvray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 14:11   #9
Points: 1,644, Level: 23 Points: 1,644, Level: 23 Points: 1,644, Level: 23
Last Achievements

as long as we maintain enforce strict separation of church and state we wont have to worry about which faith owns the majority or the govt seats. too bad many fundamentalists/evangs don't see that they should be careful what they ask for when trying to run american politics and govt.

our forefathers were some smart dudes. we should listen to them
bitstream5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 18:36   #10
Points: 2,477, Level: 30 Points: 2,477, Level: 30 Points: 2,477, Level: 30
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by bitstream5 View Post
as long as we maintain enforce strict separation of church and state we wont have to worry about which faith owns the majority or the govt seats. too bad many fundamentalists/evangs don't see that they should be careful what they ask for when trying to run american politics and govt.

our forefathers were some smart dudes. we should listen to them
I agree. Draw a hard line and maintain it. Mixing religion into politics and politics into religion is messy and dangerous business.
Old 10-02-2011, 19:20   #11
Points: 18,494, Level: 86 Points: 18,494, Level: 86 Points: 18,494, Level: 86
Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2%
Last Achievements

Talking Here's what I think !

I think that alot of pagans use the bible to aid in their speading of hate !

I believe that the pulpit is the devil's base at times , as there are just as many sinners in a tavern as there are in a church , as long as the number of people are the same !

Guess I'll have my next communion at the bar to spead the wealth around !
Old 10-03-2011, 19:32   #12
Points: 3,101, Level: 34 Points: 3,101, Level: 34 Points: 3,101, Level: 34
Last Achievements

I believe that the pulpit is the devil's base at times , as there are just as many sinners in a tavern as there are in a church , as long as the number of people are the same !
More at church, but the best thing about that is they know it, and they have fallen seeking forgiveness or are leading towards that goal... you know a work in progess.
A-FIXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 17:05   #13
Last Achievements

Talking A little known fact !

Originally Posted by A-FIXER View Post
More at church, but the best thing about that is they know it, and they have fallen seeking forgiveness or are leading towards that goal... you know a work in progess.
Would be the same as the number of people is the same , I find folks in church who I wouldn't want to deal with outside a church !
Old 10-10-2011, 18:20   #14
Last Achievements

Well, indeed that is sad is the reason of their high expectation or maybe yours? I know if I always try to remember that I BEEN FORGIVEN.... it opens up more temperment for me.
Old 10-21-2011, 17:58   #15
Last Achievements

Talking Here's what I think !

Temperment is for weak folks , that's why I try to stay strong and judge folks by not what they say , but what they do , as they can say about anything in life even in a church or bar !
Old 10-26-2011, 14:44   #16
Points: 6,684, Level: 53 Points: 6,684, Level: 53 Points: 6,684, Level: 53
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Last Achievements

I believe that this nation was given to us by God, Find an old history book and read about the revolutionary war, and then tell me different,
WE won WW2 by the grace of God, Look at the battles of Coral sea and Midway and tell me different.
Look at D-Day as bad as it was what would have happened if the Germans had had the troops there, that were waiting for the real invasion force, that were miles away.
The hand of God has been on this nation since it was founded, and I am afraid that He is going to remove that hand some day.
Rifleman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 17:35   #17
Points: 1,168, Level: 18 Points: 1,168, Level: 18 Points: 1,168, Level: 18
Last Achievements

For a long time now, we haven't said what we mean, can't say what we mean. For we've totally corrupted our language.

Cash back on credit card purchases over 150 dollars. Double cash back on credit card purchases up to 1500 dollars.

Vacations with cash back...

Do you really think you'll get CASH back? I mean, you know, like, well, cash, that's nickels and dimes, quarters and dollar bills, ten dollar bills, hundred dollar bills, all of them saying things like 'legal tender' or other some such.

Or will you get a check, or a coupon, or an account credit, or...

But cash? I guess cash doesn't mean what it once meant. And likely, never will again.

Well Sir, "Christian" is another victim of our preoccupation with corrupting the language beyond any semblence of reality. Any fool can claim to be a Christian, and not another fool on earth can prove otherwise, for the word means nothing...

I wonder when the phrase "Christian lives" will come to mean gay, murdering, thieving, corrupt, drunken, totally self-centered lives of selfish and dissolute people with no moral compass (another phrase with no meaning today) or any other redeeming quality.

If once this nation was a 'Christian' nation, I certainly hope it isn't today, given the meaning of the term as we hear it from all sides.

So, what do I want to be called? What would I like our country, if it qualified, to be called?

Godly, that is, giving allegiance, acknowledgement, and living lives dedicated to God.

That'd be my choice.
Sahagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 19:45   #18
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
Temperment is for weak folks , that's why I try to stay strong and judge folks by not what they say , but what they do , as they can say about anything in life even in a church or bar !
Weak?!!!!
Maybe you do not know exactly what temperment is. If you have it, your not in the least weaker but stronger. As you go around judging as you say you do you could be just angry as hell, or worst yet by yourself either way it is no way to live. And in the world I chose I must set the record straight.... There is no life in a bar....(been there -
done that) and one must make a choice to live a better life by accepting Faith, in the apostolic following of the Lord Jesus and his Father... one of the most common mistakes is that a christian is perfect and without sin, this is wrong and untrue. I wish you the best and when the world starts to bite you may have to trust those with temperment and allow them to help.
Old 10-31-2011, 17:21   #19
Last Achievements

My spelling is bad as is someone else's , but the word is temperament ! I'm not a nervous person , so I'll have another cold one !

Heck I'm not worrying as I feel I'll be judge by my actions during the course of my life anyway and I got alot of good friends down at the wateringhole anyway !
Old 10-31-2011, 18:27   #20
Points: 1,168, Level: 18 Points: 1,168, Level: 18 Points: 1,168, Level: 18
Last Achievements

Better be careful of what you say down there to the watering hole though...

"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." Matthew 12:36-37.

Of the many things I've done in life, that I would do over if I could...a full 95 percent of them, or better, consists of things I wish I hadn't said, or had said another way.

The tongue is an unruly evil which no man can tame...
Sahagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 17:38   #21
Last Achievements

Down at the wateringhole it's a time to discuss about life and beings that we are the same as those in church , we find that God loves us and we enjoy another drink to celebrate that !

God how I love services there , so please head to your frig and grab a cold adult beverage and join us , Christains !