Religion Chit Chat This is a place for all religious talk.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2005, 13:49   #1
Points: 13,151, Level: 74 Points: 13,151, Level: 74 Points: 13,151, Level: 74
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Guys,

Im fighting a little bit of depression. I recieved another negative report from a doctor that was asked to evaluate me, and to be quite frank, its got me down in the dumps. I know that The Great Physician has the final word in the matter, but I'm down in the dumps anyway. I cant explain it. Im getting so tired of this.

Thanks

In His service, Under the Blood of Jesus
Bill
Swordslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 15:49   #2
Points: 7,697, Level: 58 Points: 7,697, Level: 58 Points: 7,697, Level: 58
Last Achievements

hey perk up you sure won't help your self if you let it go FIGHT KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO GET BETTER
and I said a good word for you can't hurt little hope goes a long way
jeclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 16:42   #3
Last Achievements

Thank you!
Old 10-19-2005, 17:18   #4
Points: 12,806, Level: 73 Points: 12,806, Level: 73 Points: 12,806, Level: 73
Last Achievements

common man dont bend over and take it like a sissy man. get up and fight it like a real man!

theres lots of good stuff in your life and i bet they far out weigh the bad. I bet it would help if you set yourself a goal to work towards.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
Albert Einstein
Dorkface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 18:01   #5
Points: 9,940, Level: 66 Points: 9,940, Level: 66 Points: 9,940, Level: 66
Last Achievements

Me and my house are praying for you ! Your words have picked me up many times, I've lost count !

I don't need to preach at you, bro. Until your shoes have been walked in, no judgements need to be made. You've been dealt a tough hand, but you've shown you have the toughness to deal with it and you know to call on The Lord.

Just think of all that Swordsling'n you've done ! The Christian brethern here know God's Word is The Sword and he has armed you well with it. I don't think HE'S done with you yet, I'm sure not, and I bet most of the guys here aren't.

Even when it hurts, we just have to keep on keeping on....... isn't that what you told me ?
Old 10-20-2005, 19:40   #6
Points: 18,724, Level: 86 Points: 18,724, Level: 86 Points: 18,724, Level: 86
Last Achievements

Keep your chin up and your hope alive brother!

You know as well as I do (or maybe better) that God's power is an awesome thing to behold.

I'm sure you already have, but just put it all in His hands.

...I live back in the woods you see...just the woman--the kids--the dogs and me...

----and a Country Boy can Survive!&quot;

--Bocephus </span></span></span>
Pocono-CountryBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 20:00   #7
Last Achievements

Thanks men. I appreciate it.
Old 10-20-2005, 20:17   #8
Points: 16,650, Level: 82 Points: 16,650, Level: 82 Points: 16,650, Level: 82
Last Achievements

SS-
Psalm 91(Ibeleive, I may be incorrect)
"The LORD heals the broken hearted, and binds their wounds"
Brother, I pray for you to have strength.
Suffering, of any type, is terrible. That's why HE suffered so much for us.
God Bless!!
MOA club member
2rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 13:31   #9
Points: 42,713, Level: 100 Points: 42,713, Level: 100 Points: 42,713, Level: 100
Activity: 7.3% Activity: 7.3% Activity: 7.3%
Last Achievements

Three cheers for our brother Swordman!! Be strong in faith for we also have been thru the trials, we will pray for your strength and good health for God watches over us!

-thank you for your many blessing you give

-tri
Old 10-22-2005, 16:11   #10
Points: 35,592, Level: 100 Points: 35,592, Level: 100 Points: 35,592, Level: 100
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Last Achievements

Swordslinger,

I really don't know you but I have read a few of your post on here. You seem like a good man to me. Just wanted you to know that I'll pray about your health and your depression. I too am troubled with depression at times and it's the hardest thing for some people to understand. Just know that there are many here that will have you in our thoughts and prayers. Above all remember that God is in control and he can make everything beautiful.

Hang in there brother, your days will get much brighter!
rugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 16:35   #11
Last Achievements

Thank you all. I could really tell a differnce as of yesterday. Thank you.
Old 10-22-2005, 18:06   #12
Grand Poobah of all I see
Points: 15,200, Level: 79 Points: 15,200, Level: 79 Points: 15,200, Level: 79
Last Achievements

Originally posted by Swordslinger@Oct 19 2005, 11:49 AM
Guys,

Im fighting a little bit of depression. I recieved another negative report from a doctor that was asked to evaluate me, and to be quite frank, its got me down in the dumps. I know that The Great Physician has the final word in the matter, but I'm down in the dumps anyway. I cant explain it. Im getting so tired of this.

Thanks

Bill
I guess this is dependent on exactly what you are depressed about and how much of these personal problems that you feel comfortable divulging to us.

Depression is caused by a lot of things. In general for most healthy people, it is caused by some stressor in their environment that seems to be unremovable. Exactly what that is varies greatly i.e. death of a family member, unemployment, debts, physical illness or injury, etc.

I have noticed that your posts in the general chit chat section seem to be more and more irritated, if not slightly paranoid. If this is somehow connected and your depression is based on how you're looking at the world, it's time to look at things from a different POV.

"If news teams are families, why does MSNBC have to be the Lohans?"
-Jon Stewart
AR15_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 18:24   #13
Last Achievements

Originally posted by AR15_Fanatic+Oct 23 2005, 12:06 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AR15_Fanatic @ Oct 23 2005, 12:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Swordslinger@Oct 19 2005, 11:49 AM
Guys,

Im fighting a little bit of depression.* I recieved another negative report from a doctor that was asked to evaluate me, and to be quite frank, its got me down in the dumps.* I know that The Great Physician has the final word in the matter, but I'm down in the dumps anyway.* I cant explain it. * Im getting so tired of this.

Thanks

Bill
I guess this is dependent on exactly what you are depressed about and how much of these personal problems that you feel comfortable divulging to us.

Depression is caused by a lot of things. In general for most healthy people, it is caused by some stressor in their environment that seems to be unremovable. Exactly what that is varies greatly i.e. death of a family member, unemployment, debts, physical illness or injury, etc.

I have noticed that your posts in the general chit chat section seem to be more and more irritated, if not slightly paranoid. If this is somehow connected and your depression is based on how you're looking at the world, it's time to look at things from a different POV. [/b][/quote]
I had an accident a year and a half ago. The results have left me disabled. It has more to do with doctors telling me that this is as good as it gets. I dont believe them, but I am human, and humans get down in the dumps when faced with the fires of adversity. I have always taken my children hunting this time of year, and in Spring. Not being able to do that is part of it, I'm sure. I ask for prayers for my Christian Brethren because I have come to realize that we often have not, because we ask not. It is humbling to ask, and we are to be hunmled sometimes.

It has nothing to do with being irritated, or paranoid. I have always been irritaded at the blindness of my people. Paranoid? Well opposums (replace with Armadillo if your in the south) are not paranoid, foxes are. Which do you see dead in the road more often? I prefer "awake" to paranoid, but Ive been called alot worse.

Thank you. I can already tell a difference as of yesterday. I appreciate it very much.
Old 10-22-2005, 20:16   #14
Grand Poobah of all I see
Points: 15,200, Level: 79 Points: 15,200, Level: 79 Points: 15,200, Level: 79
Last Achievements

Originally posted by Swordslinger+Oct 22 2005, 04:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Swordslinger @ Oct 22 2005, 04:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by AR15_Fanatic@Oct 23 2005, 12:06 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Swordslinger
@Oct 19 2005, 11:49 AM
Guys,

Im fighting a little bit of depression.* I recieved another negative report from a doctor that was asked to evaluate me, and to be quite frank, its got me down in the dumps.* I know that The Great Physician has the final word in the matter, but I'm down in the dumps anyway.* I cant explain it. * Im getting so tired of this.

Thanks

Bill

I have noticed that your posts in the general chit chat section seem to be more and more irritated, if not slightly paranoid. If this is somehow connected and your depression is based on how you're looking at the world, it's time to look at things from a different POV.
I had an accident a year and a half ago. The results have left me disabled. It has more to do with doctors telling me that this is as good as it gets. I dont believe them, but I am human, and humans get down in the dumps when faced with the fires of adversity. I have always taken my children hunting this time of year, and in Spring. Not being able to do that is part of it, I'm sure. I ask for prayers for my Christian Brethren because I have come to realize that we often have not, because we ask not. It is humbling to ask, and we are to be hunmled sometimes.

It has nothing to do with being irritated, or paranoid. I have always been irritaded at the blindness of my people. Paranoid? Well opposums (replace with Armadillo if your in the south) are not paranoid, foxes are. Which do you see dead in the road more often? I prefer "awake" to paranoid, but Ive been called alot worse.

Thank you. I can already tell a difference as of yesterday. I appreciate it very much. [/b][/quote]
Perhaps you need a second opinion, or maybe a good (or new or different) physical therapist could be useful to you. With any serious, debilitation injury, you wont quite be the same but there may be a lot of different ways to improve your life. I wonder if you are going through the denial-anger-bargain-depression-acceptance cycle over this.

As far as spiritual matters go, I'm not sure I am the person to talk to as anything I have to say on that matter would probably offend and, as I like you, that's not my objective.

Good luck and best regards.

"If news teams are families, why does MSNBC have to be the Lohans?"
-Jon Stewart
AR15_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 21:14   #15
Last Achievements

This was the 8th opinion on this matter, about the twentieth doctor all together. I'll be fine. I dont need anymore doctors making an educated guess. The Great Physician has the final say in the matter. I know for a fact that He can and does heal, I have seen it with my own eyes.
Old 10-22-2005, 21:16   #16
Points: 8,399, Level: 61 Points: 8,399, Level: 61 Points: 8,399, Level: 61
Last Achievements

Swordslinger, You already know that God is always in control. He has never allowed anything to be taken from his children without giving something more back. Your physical life may have dimenished quite considerably but I believe your spiritual life has grown enormously in the last 1.5 years. You are richly blessed by being such a blessing to others. You have bore much fruit behind that keyboard, and just maybe that is where you are of the greatest service to our lord. I guess these are not real cheery words for someone who is sick and tired of being sick and tired. Just stay focused on the good stuff, all unhappiness comes from comparison. Limit how much negative news you absorb, it can become an addictive sickness.
tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 21:22   #17
Last Achievements

Originally posted by tinman@Oct 23 2005, 03:16 AM
Limit how much negative news you absorb, it can become an addictive sickness.
I agree. I need to quit going to the doctors. I believe that they are held in too high regard, even priest or god like status. And when they give you a negative report, it is like casting a spell. I have known that for a long time, and wittness to many a folk not to hold them up. I guess I just slipped into the very thing I have warned others against.

Thanks Men. I do appreciate your prayers, and feel them greatly.

Old 10-22-2005, 22:27   #18
Points: 12,806, Level: 73 Points: 12,806, Level: 73 Points: 12,806, Level: 73
Last Achievements

Hey man you just need the opinion from Dr. Dorkface which reads "You rock!". And I also have a perscription for your. Take it as often as you can. Walk up to all the Docs that told you this is it and kick them in the nuts as much as you can.

Even injured you have and still continue to do much good.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
Albert Einstein
Dorkface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 09:14   #19
Last Achievements

Old 10-30-2005, 17:15   #20
Points: 7,568, Level: 58 Points: 7,568, Level: 58 Points: 7,568, Level: 58
Last Achievements

Hey BRO!!
God never never lets us have more than we can handle. This life is so short compared to His plan for us next, and you will be in tip top condition for that! Never forget, this life is the only tough part, and it is only the beginning. The greatest thing you can accomplish in this life is the witness you shine for Jesus for your family and friends. You are accomplishing this in spades man. You will be blessed with lots of jewels in your crown! God Bless you brother!
Old 11-15-2005, 03:11   #21
IVM
Points: 7,844, Level: 59 Points: 7,844, Level: 59 Points: 7,844, Level: 59
Last Achievements

I don't visit this section often during my daily perusal of the site- in fact, I generally keep my visits here down to about once a month. I apologize that I did not see this earlier to offer you my words and you seem to be in better spirits now. But, be that as it may, I might as well say what I wanted to in the hopes that you find comfort in them in any future times of need.

Always remember that no matter what adversity lies to be overcome, things happen as they are supposed to. That doesn't mean one should sit back and let it happen- one should never act anything less than who they are. Reading what you've written for the past year I can only say that you strike me as a tough, honest survivor. Bad news is still just news, so let it be just that. Don't ever let it stop that tough spirit of yours from keeping a smile on your face knowing that no matter what happens, in the end, you have done what you feel to be good and right and will be accepted into the open arms of God when the time comes.

After all, why not smile in the face of adversity and misfortune? It's only life- so long as you've tried and done right and good and been just, what will keep you from realizing eternity in the grace of God? We live but a microscopic amount of time on this Earth compared to the mountains and seas around us. Live every day to the fullest for the character you develop in the "childhood" of your soul is what determines what it does for eternity.

And somehow, I don't think that's going to be any kind of a problem for you.
IVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:13   #22
Last Achievements

Thanks IVM.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:22   #23
Points: 42,713, Level: 100 Points: 42,713, Level: 100 Points: 42,713, Level: 100
Activity: 7.3% Activity: 7.3% Activity: 7.3%
Last Achievements

Hey Sword, its not all bad bro, I'm a young father of 3 and always running from one place to another for something. I feel I'm going crazy by being too busy and that I need that time with the Lord everyday, every morning. I get up an hour and 1/2 before I have to leave for work and still don't have enough time to be ready for the day it seems. I read my Bible and pray before leaving for work always wanting a little more time at home with my wife and kids. Sometimes I feel I so busy I might be missing the secrets that God whispers in my ear. Don't get too discouraged about your condition, everything is done for His glory. Fear is opposite of Faith, I know your have alot of Faith, I'll keep praying for ya!

for the cause of Christ from a fellow Christian solider, keep up the good works!

-tri
Old 11-15-2005, 12:05   #24
Last Achievements

Thanks Brother. Im fine. I did get another bad report the other day, but Im not going to pay any attention to it. I would feel alot better if I could get out and deer hunt. Just being here knowing that big bucks are chasing does all over the place throwing caution to the wind for the sweet smell of love is troubling.

One of the bigest things is not being able to work. One looses a sense of self worth when not working. I used to think, "Boy, it would be nice not to have to get up and go to work every single day." Let me tell ya, its not what its all cracked up to be. It get way old, and way fast!!
Old 11-15-2005, 13:52   #25
IVM
Points: 7,844, Level: 59 Points: 7,844, Level: 59 Points: 7,844, Level: 59
Last Achievements

Work really just provides something to give you purpose- if you are unable to, then divert that focus to other things, like the book you say you are writing. Expressing thoughts and ideas and making others think can be just as important as doing actual work. It is the same as teaching in a less formal atmosphere, and is as good a "purpose" to give yourself as any.
IVM is offline   Reply With Quote