LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 18:06   #1
Points: 7,336, Level: 56 Points: 7,336, Level: 56 Points: 7,336, Level: 56
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%
Last Achievements

New bars 3"-4"-5" joining the 6"

Requests have been made in the resent past for shorter bars, and I have responded with the following sizes. 3", 4", & 5" to satisfy your desires for versatility. There will be pictures next week I'm sure as the final step of coloring the clamps should be done by then.
There will be an additional surprise preview of a coming attraction that is now in the compleated prototype stage. Since I became aware that front sighting would be desireable. [Due to member comment] I have done one step better. I will bring it here for all at the p.u. members to see, but do keep an eye on my site www.har-bar.com for more developments.
More later !!!
Roger.................................Rogco....... .................... www.rogco.biz
Rogco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 17:33   #2
Points: 7,491, Level: 57 Points: 7,491, Level: 57 Points: 7,491, Level: 57
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%
Last Achievements

Sounds interesting...
Old 05-09-2009, 13:59   #3
Last Achievements

The short bars {and more} are here. www.har-bar.com
www.rogco.biz
Old 05-11-2009, 07:24   #4
Points: 3,007, Level: 33 Points: 3,007, Level: 33 Points: 3,007, Level: 33
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

What makes your bar worth so much more the all the outher's?
Old 05-12-2009, 08:13   #5
Last Achievements

Compare $$$

Originally Posted by astalker123 View Post
I know of the accu strut , and the mo bar. Are there others to be compared to that you know of. Since you said "all" I wanted to be on the same page as you are astalker before I answer your question of comparison.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:24   #6
Points: 3,007, Level: 33 Points: 3,007, Level: 33 Points: 3,007, Level: 33
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
I know of the accu strut , and the mo bar. Are there others to be compared to that you know of. Since you said "all" I wanted to be on the same page as you are astalker before I answer your question of comparison.
Thats about it.
Old 05-14-2009, 22:58   #7
Last Achievements

Why so much more $$$$$ ?

Originally Posted by astalker123 View Post
To start with The bar is made of " 304 heavy wall stainless steel ". [ very tough stuff to machine ] It has to be milled, and drilled, and then threaded at both ends. Then the surface is textured to give it a mat finish, and this also adds to a strong mechanical grip when the clamps are applied [ also a textured surface on the clamps ]. Then the black have to be taken to another location [ by me ] to be given a black oxide coating.
The end plug is machined from S.S. bar stock. [ Knurled, than machined down, then threaded and cut off.]
The clamps are "6061 Aluminum". The stainless steel screws used with them will break at about 42" lbs, but the aluminum threads will not strip out.[ very tough aluminum ] The clamps are "custom" fitted to the different sizes of mini barrels. The original pencil barrel mini-14, also the mini-30, and all 580 series tapered barrel each custom fit to contact the barrel at all points of the inner arc of each clamp half. [ these are not universal, one size fits all single size clamps ]. The clamps go through multiple operations of milling, drilling cutting, threading, and texturing operations to complete the machining. Then they have to be taken to another location to be anodized for color [ Black & Clear for S.S. ], and to add a hard coating to prevent corrosion. [ even polished un-anodized aluminum will fade to gray, corrode come off on your barrel, and your hands ].
The two screw per clamp is essential to solidly lock it in place with nothing more than its own mechanical adhesion [ textured surfaces ].
When the Har-Bar is added to your mini "following the provided tightening instructions" with the provided tools. It will not move out of place under any kind of condition [ Military tough, and ready for the SHTF mini that you would be betting your life on should that occasion arise ]. I made the Har-Bar for myself at first, and I like "industrial strength". It turned out so much nicer than I was expecting [ through trial & error ] That I decided to have "one" professionally machined for myself. Since I didn't know a machinist that would make just one, or even 20 at a time. I had to go to several machine shops before I found one that would even consider such a small order. [ 100 units ] It became a situation of make, and pay for 100 units minimum, or nothing, and that was even a tough sell. They didn't want to set up their machinery to do such a small run, but they finally agreed after a lot of discussion [begging]. I made my discussion, and the Har-Bar was born. I insisted on top quality materials because that is what I wanted for myself, and at $95.00 per hr. per man the dollars mount up fast. I have shopped around for a better deal since my first run, but only found double the price, and more. So I will stay with the original shop since I am happy with their work.
This unit is expandable to include laser, flashlight, and bipod attachments that are presently available, { none of these add on accessories has any ill effects the accuracy properties that the Har-Bar adds to the minis ] and soon to be released several [3]-[ may be more ] other accessories before the end of this year [ depending on finances ]. What ever I do make on the sales of these products is recycled into the new ideas I have in mind to develop off the Har-Bar, and other complimentary accessories for the mini. The Har-Bar is such a solid unit when it is added to the mini that it is a platform that can be added to in quite a few ways.
I have some of the new ideas already in prototype, and more on the drawing table.
I have always believed you get what you pay for [ that doesn't always happen ], But I have a "money back offer" showing on my web site www.har-bar.com , and here too now. So it will cost you a few dollars to ship it back if you decide to try it, and it doesn't live up to the claims I've made for it. I don't see how you can loose. The cost of the Har-Bar will be paid back with the bullets that you have paid for that will now be predictably on target, and not out in left field, or ?????????????? where ever.
The Har-Bar comes with the clamps rubberbanded to the bar for quick, easy instalation. No fumbeling with clamp halves, and bar to hold it all together, and line it all up. It comes as one easy to install piece. Just pull the barrel end of the clamps apart, and onto the barrel, and add the screws....
From package to mini 1,2,3. It's just that easy.

I hope this answers your question astalker123.

Roger.................................{Rogco}..... .................... www.rogco.biz
Old 05-20-2009, 16:51   #8
Points: 3,683, Level: 38 Points: 3,683, Level: 38 Points: 3,683, Level: 38
Last Achievements

What length is good for a 580 series 16" pencil barrel Mini 14?

Last edited by SonicBoom; 05-21-2009 at 04:24.
SonicBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:42   #9
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by SonicBoom View Post
What length is good for a 580 series 16" pencil barrel Mini 14?
I'm glad you asked SonicBoom,
The 6" is the best for the pencil barrel minis. The 5", and the 4" are offered to go with the shorter barreled "mini tactical" as the 6" is longer than the barrel on that model. The 3" is being offered because it was asked for to look more like the M-14. It will fit on all models except for the "target" mini [different size barrel. no clamps available yet.] The 3" actually does accurise the mini, but because the aluminum clamps are not distributed more evenly on the length of the barrel as with the others it can't cool the barrel as well as the 5",and 6" on the 18.5" barreled minis. Cooling is a major part of "consistant" accuracy if you shoot more than 5 rounds at a time. The clamps do act as harmonic balancers, and that accurises the mini, but if the barrel gets hot it will start to deform, and you will not get 100% from the accuriser.

Thanks for your interest SonicBoom.

Roger...........................{Rogco}........... ............. www.rogco.biz
Old 05-31-2009, 01:11   #10
Last Achievements

I'm glad you asked SonicBoom,
The 6" is the best for the pencil barrel minis. The 5", and the 4" are offered to go with the shorter barreled "mini tactical" as the 6" is longer than the barrel on that model. The 3" is being offered because it was asked for to look more like the M-14. It will fit on all models except for the "target" mini [different size barrel. no clamps available yet.] The 3" actually does accurise the mini, but because the aluminum clamps are not distributed more evenly on the length of the barrel as with the others it can't cool the barrel as well as the 5",and 6" on the 18.5" barreled minis. Cooling is a major part of "consistant" accuracy if you shoot more than 5 rounds at a time. The clamps do act as harmonic balancers, and that accurises the mini, but if the barrel gets hot it will start to deform, and you will not get 100% from the accuriser.

Thanks for your interest SonicBoom.

Roger...........................{Rogco}........... ............. www.rogco.biz
Ok, just to clarify, on my 16 inch pencil barrel Mini 14, will the 6" Har Bar rod stick past the barrel because isn't the "mini tactical" also a 16" barrel?
Thxs.

Last edited by SonicBoom; 05-31-2009 at 02:41.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:33   #11
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by SonicBoom View Post
Ok, just to clarify, on my 16 inch pencil barrel Mini 14, will the 6" Har Bar rod stick past the barrel because isn't the "mini tactical" also a 16" barrel?
Thxs.
The older mini pencil barrels measure 18 1/2". yours may have been cut down. Measure your barrel from where it leaves the gas block. The original pencil barrel will measure 7 3/4" to the bare muzzel end. Not to include muzzel breake or other add ons. The 6" will fit that barrel length.
If you measure your barrel from the gas block to the muzzel. You can see how many inches your -Bar will need to be to determine which one will work best for you SonicBoom. The -Bar length will be 1/2" shorter than the the block to muzzel measurement because the -Bar slides on to the gas block
1/2". So a 6" -Bar will be 5 1/2" out from the gas block.
The recomendation I have is to use the longest -Bar that doesn't protrude past the end of your barrel for best results.
I hope this helps.

Roger.
Old 06-01-2009, 15:04   #12
Last Achievements

The older mini pencil barrels measure 18 1/2". yours may have been cut down. Measure your barrel from where it leaves the gas block. The original pencil barrel will measure 7 3/4" to the bare muzzel end. Not to include muzzel breake or other add ons. The 6" will fit that barrel length.
If you measure your barrel from the gas block to the muzzel. You can see how many inches your -Bar will need to be to determine which one will work best for you SonicBoom. The -Bar length will be 1/2" shorter than the the block to muzzel measurement because the -Bar slides on to the gas block
1/2". So a 6" -Bar will be 5 1/2" out from the gas block.
The recomendation I have is to use the longest -Bar that doesn't protrude past the end of your barrel for best results.
I hope this helps.

Roger.
Yes thxs.
The Mini I have is the less common 16" barrel carbine model with the "law enforcement only" stamped on the receiver.

Last edited by SonicBoom; 06-01-2009 at 16:58.