News and Political Forum News and Politics spoken here!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 08:50   #1
anti-capitalist
Points: 73,669, Level: 100 Points: 73,669, Level: 100 Points: 73,669, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: A fundamentally transformed America
Posts: 23,299
Fox "news" and "conservative" talk radio

December 20, 2012

An Indiana man convicted of setting fire to a mosque in Ohio told a judge on Wednesday that he committed the crimes because Fox News and conservative talk radio had convinced him that “most Muslims are terrorists.”
...

Linn explained to the court that he had gotten “riled up” after watching Fox News.

“And I was more sad when Judge [Jack] Zouhary asked him that, ‘Do you know any Muslims or do you know what Islam is?’” one mosque member who attended the hearing recalled to WNWO. “And he said, ‘No, I only know what I hear on Fox News and what I hear on radio.’”
...
Mosque arsonist tells court: ‘I only know what I hear on Fox News’ | The Raw Story

The beer didn't help either but most drunks don't commit arson. Someone filled Linn's head with garbage, and those someones have call letters.

A survey released by Fairleigh Dickinson University earlier this year determined that Fox News viewers were actually less informed than Americans who watched no news at all. In fact, at least seven studies in recent years have confirmed that Fox News viewers are more likely to be misinformed than other Americans.
__________________
"Everything the Communists said about Communism was a lie, but everything they said about capitalism turned out to be the truth." -- Russian and eastern Europe proverb
freesw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:58   #2
Full Member
Points: 2,950, Level: 33 Points: 2,950, Level: 33 Points: 2,950, Level: 33
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%
Last Achievements
 
mini5277's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 157
so what's your point.
Criminals always have an excuse.Do you recall the PMRC and the crap with music influencing the youth.This is no different then reassigning blame,in essence the same thing the media does for a story.Stop the ambulance chasing. This is exactly what is wrong with this country,avoiding the issue by finger pointing.
__________________
I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crises. The great point is to bring them the real facts.
mini5277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:59   #3
Full Member
Points: 17,990, Level: 85 Points: 17,990, Level: 85 Points: 17,990, Level: 85
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,868
Free.....


...Shut up, stupid.
__________________
Writer of wrongs.
2dumb2kwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:14   #4
anti-capitalist
Points: 73,669, Level: 100 Points: 73,669, Level: 100 Points: 73,669, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: A fundamentally transformed America
Posts: 23,299
Originally Posted by mini5277 View Post
so what's your point.
That Fox "news" and "conservative" talk radio does not inform or edify. Just the opposite, in fact. And those who immerse themselves in that junk are liable to formulate a warped, paranoid and false view of the world. The exact opposite of what media should do.

It's really no different from this:
Video Response to Celebrities Demand a Plan Advertisement
__________________
"Everything the Communists said about Communism was a lie, but everything they said about capitalism turned out to be the truth." -- Russian and eastern Europe proverb
freesw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:32   #5
Full Member
Points: 2,950, Level: 33 Points: 2,950, Level: 33 Points: 2,950, Level: 33
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%
Last Achievements
 
mini5277's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 157
All of the media has shown to be irresponsible and less then accurate.There is no one media outlet better then the other when they are all fundamentally flawed.

Did you ever notice that when they talk about semi automatic firearms,they all show actual military weapons.This happened on all of them.
__________________
I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crises. The great point is to bring them the real facts.
mini5277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:09   #6
Full Member
Points: 18,726, Level: 86 Points: 18,726, Level: 86 Points: 18,726, Level: 86
Activity: 99.4% Activity: 99.4% Activity: 99.4%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central New York
Posts: 3,169
I agree with Mini5277. I watch all sorts of media. Including conservative talk radio and of course Foxnews. They are all twisted. It used to be that you could trust CNN. This is no longer true. One has to watch the source and read between the lines. Just another example of labeling a group due to the actions of a lone drunk person. What about the guy and his girlfriend found in New York City with bomb material. I bet they listen to liberal talk radio and MSNBC. Another example of Occupy extremism.
dh1633pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:26   #7
anti-capitalist
Points: 73,669, Level: 100 Points: 73,669, Level: 100 Points: 73,669, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: A fundamentally transformed America
Posts: 23,299
Originally Posted by dh1633pm View Post
What about the guy and his girlfriend found in New York City with bomb material.
What about them?
NYPD, Media Reports Attempt to Link OWS to Crime (Again)
Posted on December 31, 2012 by dana b

Re: the alleged link to Occupy Wall Street (OWS) in media reports about the arrest of two Greenwich Village residents charged yesterday with possession of weapons/explosive material.

Since its beginnings in September 2011, Occupy Wall Street has vigorously used its Constitutional rights to protest Wall Street greed, and is firmly committed to non-violence. Nonetheless, Occupy has been subjected to extensive surveillance and repression, and the NYPD takes every opportunity to link OWS to crime.

There is nothing in the news stories to support a link between OWS and the individual arrested; his name is unfamiliar to many OWS activists. A very large number of people came through Zuccotti Park, and there are countless Occupy-related groups nationwide, so it is very difficult to ascertain if one person participated in anything related to OWS.

We urge members of the media to refrain from spreading rumors and misinformation.
Originally Posted by dh1633pm View Post
I bet they listen to liberal talk radio and MSNBC.
Another example of Occupy extremism.
You're full of crap.
__________________
"Everything the Communists said about Communism was a lie, but everything they said about capitalism turned out to be the truth." -- Russian and eastern Europe proverb
freesw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 13:54   #8
Full Member
Points: 5,340, Level: 46 Points: 5,340, Level: 46 Points: 5,340, Level: 46
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Texas
Posts: 786
Originally Posted by freesw View Post
What about them?




You're full of crap.
Just a question freesw why is everyone full of crap, stupid, etc when they don't agree with you?
maydelleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 15:26   #9
anti-capitalist
Points: 73,669, Level: 100 Points: 73,669, Level: 100 Points: 73,669, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: A fundamentally transformed America
Posts: 23,299
Simple, maydelleeagle. dh1633pm claimed "the guy and his girlfriend found in New York City with bomb material" are "another example of Occupy extremism."

That's not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing with an opinion. What it is, is Bullcrap.

Thanks for asking, but that should have been clear already.
__________________
"Everything the Communists said about Communism was a lie, but everything they said about capitalism turned out to be the truth." -- Russian and eastern Europe proverb
freesw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 17:41   #10
Full Member
Points: 18,024, Level: 85 Points: 18,024, Level: 85 Points: 18,024, Level: 85
Activity: 76.4% Activity: 76.4% Activity: 76.4%
Last Achievements
 
GAMEOVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,738
I watched MSNBC once or twice and didn't want to kill Cris Matthews or Rachel Maddow. So what's your point?
GAMEOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:02   #11
Full Member
Points: 18,726, Level: 86 Points: 18,726, Level: 86 Points: 18,726, Level: 86
Activity: 99.4% Activity: 99.4% Activity: 99.4%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central New York
Posts: 3,169
Originally Posted by freesw View Post
That's not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing with an opinion. What it is, is Bullcrap.
I was grouping them all together to make a point. One occupy nut with explosives and one nut trying to burn down a perfectly good Mosque. One nut does not a group make. You took the bait and ran with it. Bullcrap? Why the insult?

Seek first to understand.
dh1633pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 20:06   #12
anti-capitalist
Points: 73,669, Level: 100 Points: 73,669, Level: 100 Points: 73,669, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: A fundamentally transformed America
Posts: 23,299
Phony Occupy Link to Weapons Cache
__________________
"Everything the Communists said about Communism was a lie, but everything they said about capitalism turned out to be the truth." -- Russian and eastern Europe proverb
freesw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 21:05   #13
hostilenativelibertarian.
Points: 23,600, Level: 94 Points: 23,600, Level: 94 Points: 23,600, Level: 94
Activity: 54.5% Activity: 54.5% Activity: 54.5%
Last Achievements
 
magnomark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Oragun-still clinging to my religion,guns,and sour mash!
Posts: 5,875
Wow-With that powerful explosive material I'll bet that there must be a direct link to bill ayers, and from there to the potus!See how all of these libtard wackadoodles are tied together?It's a conspiracy I tell ya!
__________________
...magnomark...

...Just take the shot...
Don't bother me-I'm reloading!
magnomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 20:35   #14
Full Member
Points: 3,455, Level: 36 Points: 3,455, Level: 36 Points: 3,455, Level: 36
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 104
FOX news is there to promote the phony war on terror, among other things while CNN, and many others, are there to promote communism. Both are there to promote Fascism at the top and communism at the bottom which is why you never see the republicans in congress these days defund the hundreds of social programs and criminal, terrorist government agencies they have the power to defund. You'll never see either party reduce the size of Leviathon because they never have in 100 years and they're not going to start now due to the fact that they are both bought and paid for by the very same people.
trvlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:28   #15
Full Member
Points: 12,446, Level: 72 Points: 12,446, Level: 72 Points: 12,446, Level: 72
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: California
Posts: 404
I don't watch MSNBC very often, but when I do, I prefer these speeches:


Rachel Maddow Show - Obama's Prolonged Detention - YouTube


Stay thirsty for the truth my friends.
__________________
You can't reason people out of a position they didn't reason their way into...
subscriber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:45   #16
Full on evil Capitalist!
Points: 14,038, Level: 76 Points: 14,038, Level: 76 Points: 14,038, Level: 76
Activity: 43.6% Activity: 43.6% Activity: 43.6%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 4,420
Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
I watched MSNBC once or twice and didn't want to kill Cris Matthews or Rachel Maddow. So what's your point?
I nominate this as best post of 2013 so far!

However, I can't say I've been so inclined myself, as I pretty much want to stuff a sock in their maw's, and shut them up pretty much about the time they generally start speaking.

I'm sure if they are ordering lunch, or talking about bus or airline schedules, I'd even be able to have a conversation with them, but if they try and speak about "news" or any subject that takes informed thought?

Naw, just give em the sock gag, and let's enjoy the rest of the day in silence.
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:28   #17
Full Member
Points: 18,331, Level: 85 Points: 18,331, Level: 85 Points: 18,331, Level: 85
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
woodstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,376
Originally Posted by trvlr22 View Post
FOX news is there to promote the phony war on terror, among other things while CNN, and many others, are there to promote communism. Both are there to promote Fascism at the top and communism at the bottom which is why you never see the republicans in congress these days defund the hundreds of social programs and criminal, terrorist government agencies they have the power to defund. You'll never see either party reduce the size of Leviathon because they never have in 100 years and they're not going to start now due to the fact that they are both bought and paid for by the very same people.
Phony war on terror? Really? So 9/11/01 never really happened and 3000 people didn't die in the attacks on the WTC? Damn, good job they did of faking the news footage that I watched live as it was supposedly happening.
woodstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:31   #18
Full Member
Points: 18,331, Level: 85 Points: 18,331, Level: 85 Points: 18,331, Level: 85
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
woodstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,376
Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
I watched MSNBC once or twice and didn't want to kill Cris Matthews or Rachel Maddow. So what's your point?
You're a better man than I am Gunga Din!
woodstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:52   #19
Toujours Pret!
Points: 2,831, Level: 32 Points: 2,831, Level: 32 Points: 2,831, Level: 32
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%
Last Achievements
 
LeMat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NW Montana
Posts: 72
They all do their part in spewing hate and anger filled garbage and keeping the masses in fear.

All media has a slant and none of it is to be trusted. I've seen enough mistakes and spinning from both sides to know not to believe anything they have to say.
__________________
"Learn to shoot better than your equipment, THEN make it better."

SASS #43746
R.O. I/II
NRA Life Member
LeMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 23:21   #20
Full Member
Points: 12,446, Level: 72 Points: 12,446, Level: 72 Points: 12,446, Level: 72
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: California
Posts: 404
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
However, I can't say I've been so inclined myself, as I pretty much want to stuff a sock in their maw's, and shut them up pretty much about the time they generally start speaking.
I bet you a can of worms that you will agree with every word Maddow speaks in this video - she rips Obama a new one!

Rachel Maddow Show - Obama's Prolonged Detention - YouTube
__________________
You can't reason people out of a position they didn't reason their way into...
subscriber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:20   #21
Full Member
Points: 18,726, Level: 86 Points: 18,726, Level: 86 Points: 18,726, Level: 86
Activity: 99.4% Activity: 99.4% Activity: 99.4%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central New York
Posts: 3,169
Originally Posted by trvlr22 View Post
FOX news is there to promote the phony war on terror, among other things while CNN, and many others, are there to promote communism. Both are there to promote Fascism at the top and communism at the bottom which is why you never see the republicans in congress these days defund the hundreds of social programs and criminal, terrorist government agencies they have the power to defund. You'll never see either party reduce the size of Leviathon because they never have in 100 years and they're not going to start now due to the fact that they are both bought and paid for by the very same people.
I agree that it's not a war on terror. We didn't ask for a war, it was thrust upon us, it's a war on the values of the Western World for which we were attacked and must defend ourselves.
dh1633pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:42   #22
anti-capitalist
Points: 73,669, Level: 100 Points: 73,669, Level: 100 Points: 73,669, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: A fundamentally transformed America
Posts: 23,299
hook, line, sinker ^
__________________
"Everything the Communists said about Communism was a lie, but everything they said about capitalism turned out to be the truth." -- Russian and eastern Europe proverb
freesw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:00   #23
Full Member
Points: 2,693, Level: 31 Points: 2,693, Level: 31 Points: 2,693, Level: 31
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
Last Achievements
 
pukindog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 113
Originally Posted by freesw View Post
That Fox "news" and "conservative" talk radio does not inform or edify.
Ha. And who says they should?

Just like everyone else in business, they are in business to make money.

There's no law, agreement, contract or anything else that says they have to present the truth, much less the truth as you see it.

If the end consumer doesn't understand this, it's their own fault for swallowing what they are fed - by any media outlet.
pukindog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 16:53.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
All information is copyright by Perfectunion.com unless already under copyright.

This site is Gunny Approved