News and Political Forum News and Politics spoken here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 22:54   #1
Points: 11,099, Level: 69 Points: 11,099, Level: 69 Points: 11,099, Level: 69
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Are only Conservatives racist? How about Liberals?

Hi. I just found this political site after doing a basic "political forums" Google search. I just wanted to see what was out there. But when I read my 1st thread there, I saw a member with a Liberal's personal signature at the bottom of their screen name that says "Not all Conservatives are racists, but ALL racists are Conservatives". I dont allow myself to get angry by false, incredibly negative stereotypes, and ironically, I had a liberal 8th grade teacher who taught us that stereotyping people is terrible, as it can never be stated that EVERY MEMBER of a certain group is exactly the same. That from the mouth of a Liberal, again...... But that was a different time unfortunately, and standards have changed.

I spent most of my life as a Democrat, and I believe in many liberal type ideals such as gay marriage, raising taxes on the very wealthy to 90's levels(even though it will only pay for 8 days of gov't expenses!), early term abortion rights, etc. I voted ONLY for Dems from the mid 80's til 2000. Then I started to split my vote. But one of the many things that pushed me away from the modern left is the hateful, dishonest rhetoric from many declaring that anyone who disagrees with them is either racist, stupid, right wing extremist, etc.

Anyway, my entire family, aside from my Mother, father, brother, live in the South, they are mostly rep's, they are mostly conservatives, and Christians. According to many of today's left, that puts them squarely into 3 different hate groups that make them all racists!(Southern, Republican, Conservative), yet, my Uncle was born onto a Christian mission in southern Africa, where he eventually spent over 30 years of his life helping to feed, clothe, educate, provide health care, employment for BLACK AFRICANS..... He didnt get rich doing it. In fact, after he moved back to America to go to college, then back to Africa to work at a larger mission, then back to America, he became a pastor, who now, in his 80's works to provide outreach to the elderly who have no families. My other family members give money to the "United Negro College Fund", and my other uncle and his wife, who built their own machine shop from scratch, then became multi-millionaires, give 10% of their income to charity every year! Are they all racists? How many liberals on average have selflessly given 30 years of their lives to help poor blacks every day without making any money for it?

In the mean time, I have 3 Liberal clients who are all racists! My client Tony uses the "N" word like its going out of style at times, my other clients, who are huge liberals, hired a tree service a few years back, which employed mainly Mexicans, and they would speak of them as little subhuman gnomes put here for our humor! The final example is my ex-roommate who lost her job in caring for race horses to illegal immigrants, and she has a really bad opinion of illegals, and uses the "S" word to describe them very often.... Does that somehow prove that ALL Liberals are racists? Of course not! But it certainly DIS-proves that there's no such thing as a liberal racist!

Now I've seen many on the left selectively revise the meaning of the word "racism" when it is politically or ideologically expedient, for instance when anyone criticized Obama in the first 2 -3 years of his presidency, you could go to any number of left wing political websites or listen to Rachel Maddow, where they would be accused of racism for their dissent! Thats terrible for our country, for race relations, for Democracy. Its designed to intimidate Americans from dissenting. Thats its only purpose, and its a disgusting purpose that anyone who "truly" cares about minorities should admit!

So, can ONLY Conservatives be racist as the slogan claims? is that type of stereotype healthy or civil? Thats why I no longer so blindly support the left.......... The Democrats push this type of race baiting as well, especially when their own congresspeople come out and publicly make statements that "Tea party Rep's want to string us(blacks) up from trees".... But here's the ultimate symbolism of old-school racism and segregation: The Democrats have racially segregated their own congressional members! I'm not saying that the minorities were forced to be segregated, but the mere fact that they ARE segregated by race is symbolism thats this country doesnt need! What if Rep's segregated their congresspeople? Libs would scream bloody murder! But its OK for Dems? REALLY? Is that the right message, one of different and separate? Maybe thats the point.....
Old 09-22-2012, 06:35   #2
Points: 18,331, Level: 85 Points: 18,331, Level: 85 Points: 18,331, Level: 85
Last Achievements

Go out and try to start an organization and call it the National Association for the Advancement of Caucasian People and I would be willing to bet you would be put in jail for hate crimes within the month (even though you had committed no crimes). If not, you would be ridiculed by every liberal MSM outlet in the country. There is a double standard in this country and there is no way of getting around it. Everyone is afraid to stand up and call a black man a racist for fear of being called a racist themselves. As evidenced in your own post we are afraid to use actual words in the English language for fear of offending someone and are reduced to speaking like children saying the "N" word and the "S" word and that sort of thing. Until people are ready to stand up and call a spade a spade this problem will never go away. I was raised to believe that a ****** is a sorry human being and that had nothing to do with race and I was born in the south in the late '50s and grew up all though a very hateful period of the '60s and '70s. While in the military in the mid to late "70s, I was forced to work with KKK members (civil service workers) while stationed in Alabama. Guess what, they were all democrats. I have one Aunt who raised many black foster children, adopted several of them and another Aunt who was a missionary to Haiti and was very involved in a Haitian Church til the day she died. There were more blacks than whites at here funeral. Two of my sisters married Latinos and all of my nieces and nephews are half Hispanic. I am not saying that there are not racists in any group, white, black, Latino, liberal and conservative. There are a few racists in just about any large group of people but, I truly believe that racism in this country had become almost non-existent before the current individual was elected President. This one man has single handedly set race relations back at least 30 years in this country.

Edited to add: you see how childish it is, this site won't even let me type the "N word" with out editing it out.
woodstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:22   #3
Points: 29,111, Level: 99 Points: 29,111, Level: 99 Points: 29,111, Level: 99
Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7%
Last Achievements

If Conservative Gun Owners were hate filled racists to the degree that anti-gun liberals are there would be no liberals.

In their blind hatred they fail to see this one simple truth.

We know who the bigots are in this country; they started the KKK. They created the Welfare system as a means of controlling minorities. They have been both courting and killing the minorities for over a century now... the Democtratic Party...
Parnelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:35   #4
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Parnelli View Post
If Conservative Gun Owners were hate filled racists to the degree that anti-gun liberals are there would be no liberals.

In their blind hatred they fail to see this one simple truth.

We know who the bigots are in this country; they started the KKK. They created the Welfare system as a means of controlling minorities. They have been both courting and killing the minorities for over a century now... the Democtratic Party...

^yep!

The racism in the Dem party hant gone away, they have learned how to manipulate minorities into voting for them by holding them back and blaming it on rep's, then fear mongering all the time!

Same mindset, different strategy....
Old 09-22-2012, 11:19   #5
anti-capitalist
Points: 76,546, Level: 100 Points: 76,546, Level: 100 Points: 76,546, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements

You wackjobs do a fine job of discrediting yourselves all on your own.
Old 09-22-2012, 15:35   #6
Last Achievements

No doubt we would be ignorant of it had you not pointed that out... thanks!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:21   #7
Points: 10,046, Level: 66 Points: 10,046, Level: 66 Points: 10,046, Level: 66
Activity: 22.7% Activity: 22.7% Activity: 22.7%
Last Achievements

Some of you need to realize that what you define as racism is not racism under the liberal definition of racism. Liberals have a more elaborate definition of racism. Google the question, "can black people be racist?" and you will see how a bigoted remark by a person of color can be dismissed as not being racist. Liberals believe that your definition of racism is flawed and therefore reject it. You and I don't have to agree with the liberal definition of racism, but it helps to understand why they dismiss what you and I see as clear examples of liberal racism. You can bet that someone who cites institutional racism is not going to accept what you and I call racism.

Last edited by migyver; 09-24-2012 at 11:48. Reason: correct spelling "or" with "of"
migyver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:07   #8
Stay thirsty my friends
Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1
Activity: 13.1% Activity: 13.1% Activity: 13.1%
Last Achievements

What gets me is that 96% of black voters are projected to vote for the black candidate...Could you imagine the outrage if 96% of whites voted for the white candidate?
Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:21   #9
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Beer View Post
What gets me is that 96% of black voters are projected to vote for the black candidate...Could you imagine the outrage if 96% of whites voted for the white candidate?
Predictable, but remember that their definition of racism, as I noted earlier, is not what you and I would call racism.
Old 09-24-2012, 13:18   #10
Last Achievements

It takes a true racist to recognize true racism.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:49   #11
Registered Member
Points: 1,184, Level: 18 Points: 1,184, Level: 18 Points: 1,184, Level: 18
Last Achievements

I will have to agree with that.
Blkbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 20:06   #12
Last Achievements

It doesn't make sense. Do you think that a new black panther member who calls white people racial names is capable of recognizing himself as a racist? By their definition, they cannot be racist.

The concept of " it takes one to know one" does not make sense if you assume that their definition of racism is the same as yours when it is not.

You don't have to accept or agree with the liberal definition of racism. If you don't recognize that they have a different concept of it, how can you argue convincingly against them?
Old 09-25-2012, 20:09   #13
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by freesw View Post
You wackjobs do a fine job of discrediting yourselves all on your own.

All I have to say to you is, just go into any city, ride through the projects or section 8 housing areas, and take a look at the Left's legacy for minorities, and realize that they are trying their asses off to create more of that, then tell me it isnt intentional! If they REALLY care about minorities, doesnt it stand to reason that they would want to help them get away from that, and not just shove them there and leave them?

As long as you keep blindly voting for these people, then its YOUR legacy as well!
Old 09-25-2012, 20:11   #14
CantRe Member
Points: 3,885, Level: 39 Points: 3,885, Level: 39 Points: 3,885, Level: 39
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
Last Achievements

I don't see race, I see attitude!
ManyFeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 20:42   #15
Points: 18,502, Level: 86 Points: 18,502, Level: 86 Points: 18,502, Level: 86
Activity: 99.1% Activity: 99.1% Activity: 99.1%
Last Achievements

Talking Here's what I think !

I take it that there are many here who know that our boy Romney is not going to be the POTUS !

This is way too easy !
Old 09-25-2012, 20:51   #16
Last Achievements

It makes perfect sense to me! Now Crapshooter here... well that's another story altogether.
Old 09-25-2012, 20:58   #17
Points: 37,336, Level: 100 Points: 37,336, Level: 100 Points: 37,336, Level: 100
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

The term racism is merely a tool to discredit, slander, or draw negative attention to one's enemies. It doesn't really have a true definition. A brainwashed neo Nazi and a guy telling a tasteless racial joke can both be labeled sucussfully as racists, there are no varrying degrees. The truth of the matter is that it is a human instinct to hold prejudices and stereotype people based on their appearance and ones own experience. Does that make everyone racist to an extent? Yep it does, but that term only applies to a small group of people. So that in itself is stereotypical seeing that the term is limited to really only one group of people.

Im my experience individuals who go out of their way to not appear racist are ignorant liars, and are covering something up. Those that can admit that we all have some varrying degree or prejudiced are the ones who are not ignorant and have an overall better understanding of the world. Racism is simply a political tool to get some things they want and others a surefire way to trash their enemies.

"What the hell is going on out there!?" -Vince Lombardi
BangBangPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:14   #18
Points: 18,331, Level: 85 Points: 18,331, Level: 85 Points: 18,331, Level: 85
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
I take it that there are many here who know that our boy Romney is not going to be the POTUS !

This is way too easy !
Anyone who is willing to claim they know who the next POTUS will be is an idiot. Everyone out there who is in the business of making these predictions on either side of the aisle will tell you that it is "too close to call". Reagan was down in the polls worse than Romney is now at this point in the race he and won in a landslide so don't count your chickens before they hatch.
BTW, anyone who wants to claim that this race has anything to do with racism is just as big an idiot. "It's the economy stupid".
woodstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:24   #19
Last Achievements

Crapshooter is only here for one reason... to make non-liberals mad. He has some sort of twisted sense of entertainlent that, like most liberals, cuase them to enjoy deriding others.

He doesn't care if he's right or wrong; truth means nothing to him; all he cares about is pissin' you off. He is the exemplification of the liberal spirit in America, and I'm sure that his handlers are proud of him for being the clueless and willing useful idiot that he is.
Old 09-26-2012, 14:51   #20
#1 true dumb M-F'ing SOB
Points: 9,115, Level: 64 Points: 9,115, Level: 64 Points: 9,115, Level: 64
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%
Last Achievements

Here's What I Think !!!11 A Little Known Fact!!!!!111

Titling a post with "Here's what I think" is asinine. Of course it's what you think, YOU'RE THE ONE POSTING IT.

Furthermore, titling a post with "A little known fact" implies that what you're saying is, in fact, true, and is ridiculous when that isn't the case. Either that, or it's proof that you were young in the mid-1990s during the short period of time when the ironic use of that particular phrase was amusing.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to include "OUR BOY ROMNEY" and a bunch of grammatical/spelling/syntax errors that no one with a 4th grade education would let slip.