News and Political Forum News and Politics spoken here!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 14:53   #1
Administrator
Points: 25,716, Level: 96 Points: 25,716, Level: 96 Points: 25,716, Level: 96
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,598
When is the Iran problem going to peak?

Sooner or later something will have to give. If something does happen, it better happen sooner then later.

What happens when a rogue nation positions itself where an attack would be counter-productive.

Sanctions are not going to work. But things are going to reach a head where "something" has to be done. Israel does not have the ability to sustain an extended war with iran.

Now that the muslim brotherhood has taken power in egypt, any attack on iran by israel might cause egypt to attack israel.

If we can not secure our borders to stop illegal immigrants from walking into the nation, how are we supposed to stop a nuclear device?

The US government has been very irresponsible with securing our borders.

Then there is internal security. How many of our dams are secure? How about our bridges? How about our power plants and refineries?

Since when do people with radical religious views use logic?

I understand your point. But we are talking about a nation that hangs homosexuals.

There are radicals out there that believe the world is to be ruled by sharia law. We can not reason with people like that.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 18:12   #2
Full Member
Points: 11,036, Level: 69 Points: 11,036, Level: 69 Points: 11,036, Level: 69
Activity: 10.0% Activity: 10.0% Activity: 10.0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Silver Springs NV
Posts: 1,915
I think something will happen before the elections this November.

I also think there may be a device or three already in this country in storage somewhere.

I have heard that there are a few small Russian warheads that were unaccounted for.

As far as internal security, I would think municipal water supply's would be high on the list but from what I have seen theres not much security around many of those.
__________________
Nevada, The last free place in this country.
Jeff F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 20:38   #3
communism hater
Points: 10,688, Level: 68 Points: 10,688, Level: 68 Points: 10,688, Level: 68
Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,521
Hilllary needs to get people on board with some tough sanctions against iran or something is going to give. Are the Israelies supposed to wait until Iran gets nuclear capabilities and hope all the rhetoric was just rhetoric. I dont see how they can do that. Nato is useless so you cant count on them for anything. Its a crapppy situation if your Israel. Your damned if you do and damned if you dont.
__________________
United We Stand.. Divided We Fall.. Into the pits of socialism
qwman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 23:16   #4
Full Member
Points: 2,156, Level: 28 Points: 2,156, Level: 28 Points: 2,156, Level: 28
Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 372
Hilllary needs to get people on board with some tough sanctions against iran or something is going to give.
Look Bro, I dont care what kind of sanctions you put on Iran, it aint gonna phase them in the least. Doesnt matter if its princes Clinton or the messiah, Obeyme leading the way. There are only 2 ways this debacle comes to an end. The world as a WHOLE(that includes Russia and China), comes down on them diplomatically and forces them through peer pressure to be reasonable or like Uncle Ronnie and Aunt Margret you pound them into submission when diplomacy is no longer effective. Looking down a smoking gun barrel or standing in a bomb crater is the only thing these people can understand and relate to.
LunaticFringeInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:25   #5
Full on evil Capitalist!
Points: 13,862, Level: 76 Points: 13,862, Level: 76 Points: 13,862, Level: 76
Activity: 66.4% Activity: 66.4% Activity: 66.4%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 4,383
To fix Iran, you'd have to go back and get Carter's pappy to wrap his pee-pee the time that Jimmy was spawned.

See, in the 1970's, Jimmy Carter took our best ally in the Persian Gulf area, Iran, and totally crapped them down the river, selling out the Shah for a trifle.. Just 40 million dollars per year the CIA paid to bribe the Mullah's to keep their idiot leader in exile, in France....

See, Carter, in his lack of wisdom, stopped that program, and inside of a year, the "Mullah's" used the Commies and Intellectuals to rise up, overthrow the Shah, and then they lined up the Commies/Professors/Intellectuals and shot them all. (Useful idiots, what need do you have of them when your done with them? None, so of course, just shoot them. Very logical these Muslims.)

So, "AMadInJihad" becomes a leader, and eventually, the current leader of Iran, or whatever they want to call it these days.

He's just the puppet boy of the Mullah's anyway, and that's been true of anyone who's the leader of Iran. The country is run by rich, corrupt "Muslim leaders" who exploit their country and rule with an iron fist and Sharia law. (Allah is on their side you see, and you can't fight Allah.)

If Carter had not screwed up, Iran was on the path to personal liberty and freedom that has not been known much in Muslim lands. Women with rights! WTF was the Shah thinking? LOL

A few decades more of that, and Iran would most likely be the shining star in the Middle East, a land with far more freedom than it has today, and still a very strong ally of the USA.

It's doubtful the war with Iraq would ever have happened, Saddam was a hated dude prior to the Mullah's taking over Iran, and absoluetly would not have had the USA's support like he did after the Muslims took over Iran.

And Syria? Hezboallah? Most of, if not all of the "muslim" terrorist groups would not have nearly the power they do today without the support of Iran.

Would Russia have gone into Trashcanistan? (I doubt it, with Iran being a serious US Ally at the time, but with Carter as POTUS? That weak F'k was so laughed at by the Russians and Chinese that our nation was pretty much ignored for his 4 years of disgraceful service as POTUS.)

Much like history will look back on Obama, as a guy with serious promise who in the end, failed to acomplish much, or even live up to his promises of hope and change...

After all, we have a POTUS who was given the peace prize, and then went on to become the drone slayer in command, who now blows up "the enemy" not with bullets or CIA spooks, but from hellfire missiles, off Reaper drones that circle around looking for suspected muslim terrorists.

Hey, I'm all for killing the enemy, but dang it's hard to be precise when your using an 11 pound HE warhead...
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:24   #6
anti-capitalist
Points: 71,878, Level: 100 Points: 71,878, Level: 100 Points: 71,878, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: A fundamentally transformed America
Posts: 22,823
Interesting discussion about this question:
October Surprise? | On Point with Tom Ashbrook

I think Israel will rattle sabers but not attack Iran prior to the election.
__________________
Because ye have said, ... "we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves" ...
Isaiah 28:15-17
freesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:09   #7
Administrator
Points: 25,716, Level: 96 Points: 25,716, Level: 96 Points: 25,716, Level: 96
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,598
Originally Posted by qwman68 View Post
Hilllary needs to get people on board with some tough sanctions against iran or something is going to give.
Sanctions against iran are useless.

China and india are buying iran oil like its candy.

As long as iran has a steady cash flow coming in, nothing is going to change.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 15:36   #8
communism hater
Points: 10,688, Level: 68 Points: 10,688, Level: 68 Points: 10,688, Level: 68
Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,521
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Sanctions against iran are useless.

China and india are buying iran oil like its candy.

As long as iran has a steady cash flow coming in, nothing is going to change.
I agree that sanctions arent going to work. Maybe if China and Russia would get on board but they wont. So what is Israel supposed to do? Like them or not they have a right to protect themselves. Iran isnt helping the situation by running their mouth constantly. Its a crappy situation for Israel.
__________________
United We Stand.. Divided We Fall.. Into the pits of socialism
qwman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 19:32   #9
Administrator
Points: 25,716, Level: 96 Points: 25,716, Level: 96 Points: 25,716, Level: 96
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,598
Originally Posted by qwman68 View Post
I agree that sanctions arent going to work. Maybe if China and Russia would get on board but they wont. So what is Israel supposed to do?
Rumors going around Israel is going to attack Iran before the U.S. elections.

Israel plans to attack Iran before the U.S. elections, as Iran unveils weapons upgrades | Mail Online
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 20:24   #10
anti-capitalist
Points: 71,878, Level: 100 Points: 71,878, Level: 100 Points: 71,878, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: A fundamentally transformed America
Posts: 22,823
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
See, in the 1970's, Jimmy Carter took our best ally in the Persian Gulf area, Iran, and totally crapped them down the river, selling out the Shah for a trifle.. Just 40 million dollars per year the CIA paid to bribe the Mullah's to keep their idiot leader in exile, in France....
Oh yeah? Let's see the evidence.

And even if the CIA was paying off the mullahs, there was a lot more to the Iranian situation than you let on. The shah's secret police were so bad that Iran was a pressure cooker of discontent by 1979. The shah was an autocrat acting on behalf of western oil companies. His regime stymied the legitimate aspirations of the Iranian people, a situation we would never stand for in this country were it being done to us.
__________________
Because ye have said, ... "we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves" ...
Isaiah 28:15-17
freesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 20:28   #11
Full Member
Points: 9,108, Level: 64 Points: 9,108, Level: 64 Points: 9,108, Level: 64
Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft Worth
Posts: 1,913
The result is the evidence.
rhevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 20:29   #12
anti-capitalist
Points: 71,878, Level: 100 Points: 71,878, Level: 100 Points: 71,878, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: A fundamentally transformed America
Posts: 22,823
Originally Posted by rhevans View Post
The result is the evidence.
You're a dupe and a fool. You right wingers lie, and lie, and lie some more.

Let's see the evidence for that supposed "$40 million" that would have prevented the Iranian revolution.

You wingnuts are destroying this country with your constant fiction.
__________________
Because ye have said, ... "we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves" ...
Isaiah 28:15-17
freesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 20:43   #13
Full Member
Points: 9,108, Level: 64 Points: 9,108, Level: 64 Points: 9,108, Level: 64
Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft Worth
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by freesw View Post
You're a dupe and a fool. You right wingers lie, and lie, and lie some more.

Let's see the evidence for that supposed "$40 million" that would have prevented the Iranian revolution.

You wingnuts are destroying this country with your constant fiction.
You'er "Workers of the World unite" view of the world is quite evident in your posts.

Maybe your hero, Jimmy Carter, will make public his secret CIA budget.

Maybe your new hero will be transparent in his CIA budget.

Oops, there is no budget.
rhevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 20:56   #14
anti-capitalist
Points: 71,878, Level: 100 Points: 71,878, Level: 100 Points: 71,878, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: A fundamentally transformed America
Posts: 22,823
Adjuster thought it was OK to pull a number and claim out of his posterior orifice and post it here as if it were true (as he so often does), and you defend that.
__________________
Because ye have said, ... "we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves" ...
Isaiah 28:15-17
freesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 21:11   #15
Full Member
Points: 9,108, Level: 64 Points: 9,108, Level: 64 Points: 9,108, Level: 64
Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft Worth
Posts: 1,913
Bickering over the amount takes away from the discussion. Carter screwed up the handling of the Shah. The world had been paying for it since then.
rhevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 21:13   #16
anti-capitalist
Points: 71,878, Level: 100 Points: 71,878, Level: 100 Points: 71,878, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: A fundamentally transformed America
Posts: 22,823
Bad things happen overseas during all presidencies, or haven't you been paying attention?

And calling habitual liars to account for their postings of blatant falsehoods over and over again, even on a message board, is not "bickering." You yourself have assimilated many such falsehoods over time.
__________________
Because ye have said, ... "we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves" ...
Isaiah 28:15-17
freesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 21:22   #17
Full Member
Points: 9,108, Level: 64 Points: 9,108, Level: 64 Points: 9,108, Level: 64
Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft Worth
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by freesw View Post
Bad things happen overseas during all presidencies, or haven't you been paying attention?

And calling habitual liars to account for their postings of blatant falsehoods over and over again, even on a message board, is not "bickering." You yourself have assimilated many such falsehoods over time.
Nobody will ever know how much the Mullahs were paid. You claiming no payments were made?
rhevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 21:24   #18
Full Member
Points: 9,108, Level: 64 Points: 9,108, Level: 64 Points: 9,108, Level: 64
Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft Worth
Posts: 1,913
Bad things happened to Carter because he was weak, both at home and abroad.
rhevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 21:29   #19
anti-capitalist
Points: 71,878, Level: 100 Points: 71,878, Level: 100 Points: 71,878, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: A fundamentally transformed America
Posts: 22,823
Originally Posted by rhevans View Post
Nobody will ever know how much the Mullahs were paid.
Adjuster pulled crap from his ass and put it on exhibit here, as he always does, and you are fine with that.

Originally Posted by rhevans View Post
Bad things happened to Carter because he was weak, both at home and abroad.
What did Reagan do after 241 Marines were killed in Beirut?

You do not know history and you do not care to.

You wingnuts' hypocrisy and total disregard for truth is despicable. FU, just FU.
__________________
Because ye have said, ... "we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves" ...
Isaiah 28:15-17
freesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 21:35   #20
Full Member
Points: 9,108, Level: 64 Points: 9,108, Level: 64 Points: 9,108, Level: 64
Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft Worth
Posts: 1,913
I thought the discussion was about Iran and the reason we lost them as an ally.
rhevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 21:36   #21
Full Member
Points: 4,617, Level: 43 Points: 4,617, Level: 43 Points: 4,617, Level: 43
Activity: 83.6% Activity: 83.6% Activity: 83.6%
Last Achievements
 
bmcgilvray's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,345
You seem to be having a harder and harder time around here, Freesw the Gullible. It's crummy to be on the losing side, the one with the moral vacuum isn't it. You feel the need to lash out. Your posts have degenerated. You need to work on that.
bmcgilvray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 21:49   #22
communism hater
Points: 10,688, Level: 68 Points: 10,688, Level: 68 Points: 10,688, Level: 68
Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,521
Originally Posted by freesw View Post



What did Reagan do after 241 Marines were killed in Beirut?
What should he have done freeloader? We obviously dont know what the hell we are talking about but, you as usual think you have all the right answers.
__________________
United We Stand.. Divided We Fall.. Into the pits of socialism
qwman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 22:10   #23
Full Member
Points: 9,108, Level: 64 Points: 9,108, Level: 64 Points: 9,108, Level: 64
Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft Worth
Posts: 1,913
241 Marines were killed. Freesw, what country should we have retaliated against?
rhevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
egypt, iran, israel, middle east

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:17.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
All information is copyright by Perfectunion.com unless already under copyright.

This site is Gunny Approved