News and Political Forum News and Politics spoken here!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 08:33   #1
Full Member
Points: 9,366, Level: 65 Points: 9,366, Level: 65 Points: 9,366, Level: 65
Activity: 70.5% Activity: 70.5% Activity: 70.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,424
Reid aide makes up some details -- then retracts

So-o-o-o, Reid's aide reveals the so called source of Reid's claim that Romney hasn't paid taxes in 10 years. Still no name, of course, just some details on this still anonymous informant.

Oops! Seems as though some of the "details" were made up. I am shocked, shocked I tell you, that one of Harry's aides is a liar. It's probably in his job description.

After days of silence on Harry Reid's disputed claim that Mitt Romney hasn't paid taxes for a decade, a top aide finally spilled details on the supposed source of the allegation -- only to issue a wholesale retraction of those details by Thursday evening.

Read more: Reid aide divulges details on source of Romney tax claim -- then retracts | Fox News
higgite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:54   #2
anti-capitalist
Points: 73,813, Level: 100 Points: 73,813, Level: 100 Points: 73,813, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: A fundamentally transformed America
Posts: 23,352
Originally Posted by higgite View Post
So-o-o-o, Reid's aide reveals the so called source of Reid's claim that Romney hasn't paid taxes in 10 years.
Sen. Reid did not claim that Romney paid no taxes in 10 years. He would have no way to know that. He has stated what a source he believes to be reliable told him.

His aide probably retracted his statement not because it was untrue, but because Reid wants to give no clues to the identity of his anonymous source.

I think if Romney released his tax records for the past ten years without amendment (as he originally filed them), he'd have zero chance of winning the election.
__________________
"Everything the Communists said about Communism was a lie, but everything they said about capitalism turned out to be the truth." -- Russian and eastern Europe proverb
freesw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:01   #3
communism hater
Points: 10,778, Level: 68 Points: 10,778, Level: 68 Points: 10,778, Level: 68
Activity: 13.6% Activity: 13.6% Activity: 13.6%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,536
Originally Posted by freesw View Post
Sen. Reid did not claim that Romney paid no taxes in 10 years. He would have no way to know that. He has stated what a source he believes to be reliable told him.

His aide probably retracted his statement not because it was untrue, but because Reid wants to give no clues to the identity of his anonymous source.

I think if Romney released his tax records for the past ten years without amendment (as he originally filed them), he'd have zero chance of winning the election.
He has released what is required by law. The left's continual berating of Romney about this is making them look even more stupid.
__________________
United We Stand.. Divided We Fall.. Into the pits of socialism
qwman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:13   #4
anti-capitalist
Points: 73,813, Level: 100 Points: 73,813, Level: 100 Points: 73,813, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: A fundamentally transformed America
Posts: 23,352
I don't agree.

After the swiftboating of Kerry and all the crazy accusations against Obama, Republicans have nothing to complain about when it comes to campaign tactics. Reid's playing dirty pool, and to that I say, it's about time.

No, Romney is not required by law to release any of his tax returns at all. But the fact that he not only has not released more than one single year's info, but refuses to even discuss the matter, sends a clear signal to voters that he has something to hide, and voters have a good idea what it is.
__________________
"Everything the Communists said about Communism was a lie, but everything they said about capitalism turned out to be the truth." -- Russian and eastern Europe proverb
freesw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:24   #5
communism hater
Points: 10,778, Level: 68 Points: 10,778, Level: 68 Points: 10,778, Level: 68
Activity: 13.6% Activity: 13.6% Activity: 13.6%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,536
Originally Posted by freesw View Post
I don't agree.

After the swiftboating of Kerry and all the crazy accusations against Obama, Republicans have nothing to complain about when it comes to campaign tactics. Reid's playing dirty pool, and to that I say, it's about time.

No, Romney is not required by law to release any of his tax returns at all. But the fact that he not only has not released more than one single year's info, but refuses to even discuss the matter, sends a clear signal to voters that he has something to hide, and voters have a good idea what it is.
I dont agree.


John Kerry was a liar who did nothing to deserve the medals he was awarded. If the left continues to press Romney about his taxes it will eventually hurt them because no one has one shred of evidence Romney has done anything wrong. Harry Reid McCarthy needs to STFU.
__________________
United We Stand.. Divided We Fall.. Into the pits of socialism
qwman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 18:26.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
All information is copyright by Perfectunion.com unless already under copyright.

This site is Gunny Approved