News and Political Forum News and Politics spoken here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 14:07   #1
Points: 31,023, Level: 100 Points: 31,023, Level: 100 Points: 31,023, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

UN promotes gun control again!

» Soros Promotes UN Control Over Gun Ownership Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Ok, so the first part of the article says that according to the UN we gun owners have nothing to fear from this treaty. It says that our right to bear arms is guaranteed in the constitution and can't be taken away (or edited) by our own government, or a foreign government. Also, it states the goal of the treaty is supposed to be directed at international arms trade and not at private gun ownership.

But then we see that the text of the treaty doesn't actually exclude private ownership, and that it intends to impose strict international standards for the ownership, trade, and transfer of weapons in this country. It is really just a smoke screen to enact a massive overhaul of our second amendment. There is no way I am willing to comply with any of these proposed changes, and in fact it makes me want to buy a few weapons I have on my wish list. Maybe this is enough to get the wife on board with a new SR-556!

In order to avoid being labeled a “human rights abuser,” the United States (along with all member states) is ordered by the UN to comply with the ATT. To compel this compliance, the ATT empowers the UN to force Congress to:

• Enact internationally agreed licensing requirements for Americans

• Confiscate and destroy unauthorized firearms of Americans while allowing the U.S. government to keep theirs

• Ban the trade, sale, and private ownership of semi-automatic guns

• Create and mandate an international registry to organize an encompassing gun confiscation in America
So in the name of world peace and the supposed protection of human rights they will indeed infringe on our rights to bear arms. There is no way this will go over peacefully. In the end the standards set will ONLY effect private citizens and our government will continue to sell all types of arms and technology, without restriction, to countries all over the world.

"What the hell is going on out there!?" -Vince Lombardi
BangBangPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 14:14   #2
Points: 9,366, Level: 65 Points: 9,366, Level: 65 Points: 9,366, Level: 65
Activity: 70.5% Activity: 70.5% Activity: 70.5%
Last Achievements

Good post, but somebody beat you to the topic at hand. You might want to post it in the other thread, too.
Without any national debate
higgite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 14:45   #3
Points: 31,023, Level: 100 Points: 31,023, Level: 100 Points: 31,023, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanks for the heads up! I hadn't read that thread yet cause I spend all of my time arguing with people who don't own guns but post on this forum!

Old 07-09-2012, 16:17   #4
Points: 9,366, Level: 65 Points: 9,366, Level: 65 Points: 9,366, Level: 65
Activity: 70.5% Activity: 70.5% Activity: 70.5%
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by BangBangPlay View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I hadn't read that thread yet cause I spend all of my time arguing with people who don't own guns but post on this forum!
Good point!
higgite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 13:13   #5
Administrator
Points: 24,041, Level: 94 Points: 24,041, Level: 94 Points: 24,041, Level: 94
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%
Last Achievements

A lot of people are worried obama will sign the treaty and the senate will ratify it.

But still, a treaty does not superseded the constitution.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 16:41   #6
Points: 4,114, Level: 40 Points: 4,114, Level: 40 Points: 4,114, Level: 40
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
But still, a treaty does not superseded the constitution.
True. But this asshat and his cronies don't believe the constitution applies to them. That's why I find this troubling.

“We cannot defend liberty abroad by deserting it at home.”
Edward R. Murrow (1908 - 1965)
Sgt440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 17:39   #7
Last Achievements

Indeed, this has gone from being a long shot in the dark to being a real possibility. The constitution has unfortunately been open to interpretation and the second amendment doesn't say anything about regulation. The NRA has done a wonderful job of looking out for our rights, but as we have seen before things can quickly change. Half of your weapons collection (including accessories) could be deemed illegal overnight.

We have seen the administration sidestep other checks and balances in route to stripping us of our constitutional rights. Usually it comes under the pretense of protection, like the Patriot Act for example. They will sell this thing as something entirely different (human rights), but will simultaneously use it to tighten restrictions, keep track of sales and transfers, and limit your second amendment rights. We have to keep an eye on this.