News and Political Forum News and Politics spoken here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 07:52   #1
Points: 9,366, Level: 65 Points: 9,366, Level: 65 Points: 9,366, Level: 65
Activity: 70.5% Activity: 70.5% Activity: 70.5%
Last Achievements

Obama is worried about activist judges??

Speaking of the SCOTUS review of Obamacare, the Prez said:

"I'm confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress," Obama said. "And I'd just remind conservative commentators that for years what we've heard is the biggest problem on the bench was judicial activism or a lack of judicial restraint, that an unelected group of people would somehow overturn a duly constituted and passed law. Well, this is a good example. And I'm pretty confident that this court will recognize that and not take that step."

Read more: Republicans Slam Obama Over Warning To 'unelected' Supreme Court | Fox News
How quickly we forget. Mr. Prez, ever heard of Arizona? SB1070? Ring a bell? Where are you while your DOJ is ccurrently seeking to get the SCOTUS "activists" to overturn THAT law? Hello? Hello? Bueller? Bueller?
higgite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:02   #2
Points: 16,602, Level: 82 Points: 16,602, Level: 82 Points: 16,602, Level: 82
Activity: 32.6% Activity: 32.6% Activity: 32.6%
Last Achievements

We fuss when judges go against the intent of the constitution.
He's fussing that they might uphold the constitution.
Old 04-03-2012, 13:52   #3
hostilenativelibertarian.
Points: 21,087, Level: 91 Points: 21,087, Level: 91 Points: 21,087, Level: 91
Activity: 47.7% Activity: 47.7% Activity: 47.7%
Last Achievements

Location: Oragun-still clinging to my religion,guns,and sour mash!
Haw-whut's he gettin all uppuddy about?

...Just take the shot...
Don't bother me-I'm reloading!
magnomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 15:03   #4
Administrator
Points: 24,257, Level: 94 Points: 24,257, Level: 94 Points: 24,257, Level: 94
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Last Achievements

Obama is worried about protecting the profits of insurance companies
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 15:39   #5
Full on evil Capitalist!
Points: 12,748, Level: 73 Points: 12,748, Level: 73 Points: 12,748, Level: 73
Activity: 51.5% Activity: 51.5% Activity: 51.5%
Last Achievements

Well, the ironic part is if the SCOTUS throws out Obamacare, it might actually do enough good to the economy, that he might be re-elected. (IE: Take credit for the recovery that Obamacare being thrown out will stimulate.)

Business hates it.

And Seniors are realizing that he cut 500 billion from Medicare to fund it. (Taking that money from them.)

Bad Obama!

As usual, he's an elitist dork, who's better off to remain on the golf course, out of the way, and out of where he can cause problems.
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 16:03   #6
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
As usual, he's an elitist dork, who's better off to remain on the golf course, out of the way, and out of where he can cause problems.
What-as part of the firtilizer-you know that they use dried chicken poop for firtilizer on some golf courses?

...Just take the shot...
Old 04-04-2012, 06:00   #7
Administrator
Points: 24,257, Level: 94 Points: 24,257, Level: 94 Points: 24,257, Level: 94
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Last Achievements

It was the insurance companies that wanted the individual mandate passed.

Obama is going to do everything possible to make sure the insurance companies keep their profits.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 14:20   #8
Full on evil Capitalist!
Last Achievements

I suppose he can have the Justice Department outline how important this, and why it makes it constitutional in his advanced understanding of that document he does nothing but ignore.

The judge wants his 3 pages, single spaced by Noon on Thursday.

Wonder if the Dept. Justice will comply, or risk a contempt of court fine/action?

Obama really stuck his foot in the hornets nest with his opinion this time around, and he being a Harvard trained Lawyer, should know better.

This argument he made, that this law is better for the whole, regardless of it being constitutional is just about the BIGGEST mistake anyone in the courts, or government can make.

Sure, it's better for the collective to just be able to search anywhere, at any time, but that's not what the CONSTITUTION says. It says we have rights as individuals not to be searched at any time, for any reason.

It also does not mention that the Feds can force me to buy something.

Whoops, Bad Obama! BAD! LOL
Old 04-04-2012, 17:36   #9
Last Achievements

Yeah, unconstitutional is okay in Obama's world as long as it's "for the greater good". In his world, "for the greater good" would also include having no election next November because in his small mind it would be "for the greater good". How dictatorships are born. Thank goodness we have enough private citizens, public officials, law enforcement and military sworn to uphold the Constitution. And who believe in their oath.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:03   #10
Points: 3,986, Level: 40 Points: 3,986, Level: 40 Points: 3,986, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

I hope the hell they JUNK the hole dam thing!!!
AABEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 15:49   #11
Points: 8,502, Level: 62 Points: 8,502, Level: 62 Points: 8,502, Level: 62
Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0%
Last Achievements

Didn't he appoint 2 activist judges?
rhevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:39   #12
Last Achievements

Hey! No fair! You can't inject facts into Obama's world. It knocks it all outta kilter.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:11   #13
Points: 5,461, Level: 47 Points: 5,461, Level: 47 Points: 5,461, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Watch out. He will come up with a way to declare marshall law to do what he wants. Of course he and his family will take a vacation while this goes on. He has alot to bragg to his homies about on how he stuck it to the white man. hell he stuck it to every one that is not looking for a free ride
plumbernater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 15:18   #14
Full on evil Capitalist!
Last Achievements

I think the next few months will be rather dissapointing for Obama and his supporters.

1) I think the SCOTUS will strike down as unconstitutional the individual mandate, and perhaps the entire "Obama Care" act.

2) I think that justice will be seen in Florida, and Zimmerman might not even be arrested and charged with anything, as clearly he's defending his life when attacked, and that's EXACTLY what the Stand Your Ground law there protects, is his right to defend himself, anywhere, at any time, not just in his house or other such nonsense that keeps being thrown out by the media/black racists who want to see this as a call to riot.

Third?

I think the fuel prices are going to "fuel" (Excuse the pun) the next drop in the economy, and a rise in the unemployment rate into the summer, and perhaps into the fall when it will reverse again, in anticipation of a hope for change in DC leadership to more conservative values.

Bad time to be Obama.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:42   #15
Points: 2,126, Level: 27 Points: 2,126, Level: 27 Points: 2,126, Level: 27
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%
Last Achievements

Well he views anyone who upholds th constitution as an activist. So he's probably afraid of quite a lot of them.
survivalguy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:17   #16
Last Achievements

Actually, he and most liberals/progressives like truly "activist" judges, that is, those who bend the Constitution to make something legal that shouldn't be. What he doesn't like are conservative judges who interpret the Constitution as it was written and let the chips fall where they may. He is now using the term "activist" to demonize any of the Justices who might hold the opinion that Obamacare is unconstitutional because he knows that in general the public dislikes "activist" judges. His usual twisting of words and bastardizing of common terminology to fit his agenda. Just more of his lying ways.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:12   #17
kicking the hornets' nest
Points: 8,124, Level: 60 Points: 8,124, Level: 60 Points: 8,124, Level: 60
Activity: 46.2% Activity: 46.2% Activity: 46.2%
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
I think the next few months will be rather dissapointing for Obama and his supporters.

1) I think the SCOTUS will strike down as unconstitutional the individual mandate, and perhaps the entire "Obama Care" act.

2) I think that justice will be seen in Florida, and Zimmerman might not even be arrested and charged with anything, as clearly he's defending his life when attacked, and that's EXACTLY what the Stand Your Ground law there protects, is his right to defend himself, anywhere, at any time, not just in his house or other such nonsense that keeps being thrown out by the media/black racists who want to see this as a call to riot.

Third?

I think the fuel prices are going to "fuel" (Excuse the pun) the next drop in the economy, and a rise in the unemployment rate into the summer, and perhaps into the fall when it will reverse again, in anticipation of a hope for change in DC leadership to more conservative values.

Bad time to be Obama.
Adjuster, good analysis.

I'll just add three more things that could make it a "bad-time" to be Obumbler.

1) The fuse on the racial powder keg has been lit...and arguably by this president when he waded into the Trayvon Martin case ("If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."). What do you think this will do to the racial tensions this summer, during a highly politicized presidential campaign with an incumbent president who has a dismal record to run on??

I predict that once the TEA Party rallies get started, and the Flash Mobs of black youth try to 'start trouble', you're going to see major social unrest in this country...riots, looting, murder.

Voters will look to the president for his leadership on the issues of the day. But, given his historic stance on leadership, we all know what he'll do...

"What time do we tee-off tomorrow?"

Eventually, something is going to happen where the citizenry will take matters into their own hands, the authorities will come in "heavy-handed", and the situation will then be the Police State versus law-abiding citizens...and more importantly...versus the law-abiding VOTERS.

When this happens, the voters will clearly see Steve Urkel saying, "Did I do that??"

And, they will exercise their feelings at the polls.

ONE AND DONE!!

2) Tensions in the Middle East will skyrocket (no pun intended) this year. Iran is close to nuke, rockets are hitting Israel from Egypt, and the war in Afghanistan is going nowhere.

Meanwhile, Odumbo is making deals with the Russians to give up our missile defense strategy...and joking about getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Clearly, this narcissist is only interested in ONE thing...keeping his job to have the four years of unchecked power to fully "transform" this country.

The American citizenry have gotten it straight from the horse's mouth.

In fact, I am ALWAYS amazed that the people in this country have been told by Chicago Charlatan EXACTLY WHAT HE WANTS TO DO! He's said it in his campaign speeches, he wrote it in his book, and he got caught on a "live mic" recently.

Again...

ONE AND DONE!!

3) Sheriff Joe Arpaio and the Cold Case Pose have STRONG evidence that there are "inconsistencies" (at best) with the president's documentation, which his administration released to the public.

In short, these are fake documents, folks! And, anyone who has worked in the area of document fraud in Law Enforcement clearly sees this.

If they find the individual(s) who created the fraudulent documents, and they are brought to justice...LOOK OUT!

Think about it...if it is proven that this president is not eligible to be president, then what does that do to ALL the legislation he signed into law?

It would be a Constitutional Crisis of EPIC proportion.

And, the American people will not stand for it.

They'll toss this Soros sock-puppet into the trash bin.

Again...

ONE AND DONE!!
Old 04-08-2012, 09:52   #18
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Paco View Post

If they find the individual(s) who created the fraudulent documents, and they are brought to justice...LOOK OUT!

Think about it...if it is proven that this president is not eligible to be president, then what does that do to ALL the legislation he signed into law?

It would be a Constitutional Crisis of EPIC proportion.

And, the American people will not stand for it.

They'll toss this Soros sock-puppet into the trash bin.

Again...

ONE AND DONE!!
And Paco lets not forget Soros,and every one of the lying baz turds that vetted the kenyan......to the trash bin-no recycling!

...Just take the shot...