News and Political Forum News and Politics spoken here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 13:05   #1
Points: 18,331, Level: 85 Points: 18,331, Level: 85 Points: 18,331, Level: 85
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Obama strips of our rights while no one seems to notice.

Only days after clearing Congress, US President Barack Obama signed his name to H.R. 347 on Thursday, officially making it a federal offense to cause a disturbance at certain political events — essentially criminalizing protest in the States.
This bill was just signed into law and yet there is almost nothing in the liberal news media about it. Fox had a brief comment on it but even they didn't seem to think much about it. I know, this is nothing like anything Bush did with the Patriot Act right.
http://rt.com/usa/news/trespass-bill-obama-secret-227/

The first ammendment is all but history and no one seems to have even noticed it's passing.
woodstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 13:40   #2
hostilenativelibertarian.
Points: 23,600, Level: 94 Points: 23,600, Level: 94 Points: 23,600, Level: 94
Activity: 54.5% Activity: 54.5% Activity: 54.5%
Last Achievements

Location: Oragun-still clinging to my religion,guns,and sour mash!
Oh we noticed alright-but we were'nt speaking up right now because we did'nt want to be the first test cases sent to GTMO!

...Just take the shot...
Don't bother me-I'm reloading!
magnomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 13:43   #3
Full on evil Capitalist!
Points: 14,038, Level: 76 Points: 14,038, Level: 76 Points: 14,038, Level: 76
Activity: 43.6% Activity: 43.6% Activity: 43.6%
Last Achievements

This does not supprise me, but it's just a modification of an existing law, giving it more teeth.

Idaho just passed a no occupy protest law, so the campers on the lawns had to move out.

I see no downside to that law, but lawful protest, the type the TEA Party does anyway, is not going to be effected.

However, radicals who like to cause problems? They get the boot.

And they should.
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 15:38   #4
Last Achievements

Maybe I'm taking this the wrong way but it seems to me to be kind of odd that the President who more or less supported the Occupy movement would pass a bill making it easier for law enforcement to arrest people who would protest government facilities, especiallly the part about "any residence where the secret service protection is provided. That makes it a federal crime to protest in front of a hotel that Mitt Romney, Newt or Rick Santorum among others are staying in as well as their home. Or any place they are to be temporarily inhabiting in the near future. There are many people working for the government who would fall into the category of 'under secret service protection". Why are they a special class that can't be protested and yet it is OK to protest our dead soldiers funerals? I don't get it. As I have been told in other threads, apparently I am missing the point. I think he (they) is/are up to something and whatever it is stinks to high heaven.
Old 03-20-2012, 18:05   #5
Points: 665, Level: 13 Points: 665, Level: 13 Points: 665, Level: 13
Last Achievements

Either way, its a slippery slope
wpfontenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 20:18   #6
Points: 37,336, Level: 100 Points: 37,336, Level: 100 Points: 37,336, Level: 100
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by woodstock View Post
Maybe I'm taking this the wrong way but it seems to me to be kind of odd that the President who more or less supported the Occupy movement would pass a bill making it easier for law enforcement to arrest people who would protest government facilities, especiallly the part about "any residence where the secret service protection is provided. That makes it a federal crime to protest in front of a hotel that Mitt Romney, Newt or Rick Santorum among others are staying in as well as their home. Or any place they are to be temporarily inhabiting in the near future. There are many people working for the government who would fall into the category of 'under secret service protection". Why are they a special class that can't be protested and yet it is OK to protest our dead soldiers funerals? I don't get it. As I have been told in other threads, apparently I am missing the point. I think he (they) is/are up to something and whatever it is stinks to high heaven.
When did Obama support the Occupy Movement? When specifically, speaking in NH? Also you seem to be missing the part that it cleared Congress, give them some credit too for taking away our freedoms.

With that being said, when will the government (not necessarily Obama) stop taking away our rights under the pretense of national security. The main reason it was passed is to make it easier for the Secret Service to protect their assignments. In the chaos produced by a protest or large disturbance it makes it more difficult to identify threats. It also protects the Secret Service form questionable or previously unlawful arrests. Now they can basically arrest anyone for "causing a disturbance". The idea is that it is better to simply arrest a possible threat(s) then to wait and see if they break the law. The secret service have been implicated in some questionable arrests in the past, and have complained that they shouldn't be held responsible for making quick decisions.

At the same time what if someone's life gets ruined because they were arrested unlawfully, or by accident? The wording of the law makes the offense vague and allows them to arrest basically anyone for anything and simply say it was disorderly conduct. And it is a felony! So if you are political forget about voting, and if you enjoy firearms forget buying or possessing anything legally. I don't agree with vague laws like this that punish people for hurting nobody, and for exercising a right that is supposed to be granted to us. It is sad that little by little our rights and freedoms in this country erode under the weight of all of this restrictive legislation. More laws don't necessary solve our problems, they merely make lawyers rich and fill up the correctional system with people that aren't threats to society.

"What the hell is going on out there!?" -Vince Lombardi
BangBangPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 20:26   #7
Last Achievements

I think he (they) is/are up to something and whatever it is stinks to high heaven.
I wrote it that way to include the whole stinking lot of them.
When did Obama support the Occupy Movement?
I said that he more or less supported them. He said that he believed they had a valid grievance. That is more or less supporting them. I didn't say he specifically supported them. It was however pretty obvious from the beginning that liberals and especially those in the liberal media were behind them 100%.
I'm in no mood to argue with you about this. I have stated my feelings and that is just the way I feel. It is OK to protest the funeral of one our heroes and bring more misery to their families but don't get in the way of anything the government is trying to do. Don't make their lives hard in any way, after all, we just elected them and pay their salaries, why should they care what we think about their job performance.
Old 03-20-2012, 20:30   #8
kicking the hornets' nest
Points: 9,811, Level: 66 Points: 9,811, Level: 66 Points: 9,811, Level: 66
Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2%
Last Achievements

I'm with magnomark...

I've been noticing for the past 3 years.

November 6th can't get here fast enough.

However, watch for the "false flag" event this summer.

In fact, this is part of the set-up for such an event, and the aftermath that could provide the means for implementing the recently updated "presidential powers".

Paco's gut is rarely wrong, amigos.
Old 03-20-2012, 20:49   #9
Last Achievements

Oh we noticed alright-but we were'nt speaking up right now because we did'nt want to be the first test cases sent to GTMO
Weren't you in the Navy? Didn't you guys ever go to gitmo for reftra? Beautiful place.
Old 03-20-2012, 20:54   #10
Points: 2,156, Level: 28 Points: 2,156, Level: 28 Points: 2,156, Level: 28
Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0%
Last Achievements

Thank God its a democrat doing this can you imagine the fall out there would have been if Bush or some other Republican would have attempted this?
LunaticFringeInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:38   #11
hostilenativelibertarian.
Points: 23,600, Level: 94 Points: 23,600, Level: 94 Points: 23,600, Level: 94
Activity: 54.5% Activity: 54.5% Activity: 54.5%
Last Achievements

Location: Oragun-still clinging to my religion,guns,and sour mash!
Weren't you in the Navy? Didn't you guys ever go to gitmo for reftra? Beautiful place.
I spent a year there-back before it was a terrorist retreat for talibans!
Think about it;beautiful carribean sun,soccer field,cuisine ordered special,athletics and weightlifting,long warm showers with friends,armed guards watching out for their protection........A special retreat-courtesy of US Taxpayers!

...Just take the shot...
Don't bother me-I'm reloading!
magnomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 14:53   #12
Points: 37,336, Level: 100 Points: 37,336, Level: 100 Points: 37,336, Level: 100
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

I wrote it that way to include the whole stinking lot of them.

I said that he more or less supported them. He said that he believed they had a valid grievance. That is more or less supporting them. I didn't say he specifically supported them. It was however pretty obvious from the beginning that liberals and especially those in the liberal media were behind them 100%.
I'm in no mood to argue with you about this.
I don't want to argue either and I agreed with you almost entirely. But isn't it annoying when someone picks one sentence of your post and calls you out on it? I am here to discuss politics with gun owners, and my goal here is certainly not to argue and bicker with anyone.

"What the hell is going on out there!?" -Vince Lombardi
BangBangPlay is offline   Reply With Quote