News and Political Forum News and Politics spoken here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 19:26   #1
Points: 37,571, Level: 100 Points: 37,571, Level: 100 Points: 37,571, Level: 100
Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6%
Last Achievements

Speaking of Executive Orders

"It's why when Obama does his Excutive Orders, he circumvents the system of checks and does not do the will of the people."

Has everyone seen the latest? Always for our own good of course. I don't care for it's wording or how it will be used against us.

Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness | The White House
Brian S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 19:42   #2
kicking the hornets' nest
Points: 8,065, Level: 60 Points: 8,065, Level: 60 Points: 8,065, Level: 60
Activity: 45.5% Activity: 45.5% Activity: 45.5%
Last Achievements

Take note of the date...March 16th, 2102...of this "press release" (it was submitted by the Office of the Press Secretary).

This is a sign of something bigger to come. Lib-progs ALWAYS telegraph their moves.

Watch for a new Executive Order to be implemented in the upcoming days/weeks.

And, no doubt, it will be political and in support of Odebtor's campaign.
Old 03-18-2012, 19:50   #3
anti-capitalist
Points: 63,355, Level: 100 Points: 63,355, Level: 100 Points: 63,355, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5%
Last Achievements

This is nothing new. The Military-Industrial complex has run amok amassing priority of power and resources for itself for decades. If this kind of thing concerns you, support politicians with the courage to rein it in.
Old 03-18-2012, 19:51   #4
Points: 6,094, Level: 50 Points: 6,094, Level: 50 Points: 6,094, Level: 50
Activity: 44.7% Activity: 44.7% Activity: 44.7%
Last Achievements

Curious timing ...gas going through the roof and his poll numbers plummeting ..

Racist! - the standard cry of the leftist when losing an argument...
shootnpoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 19:56   #5
anti-capitalist
Points: 63,355, Level: 100 Points: 63,355, Level: 100 Points: 63,355, Level: 100
Last Achievements

huh

Originally Posted by Brian S View Post
"It's why when Obama does his Excutive Orders, he circumvents the system of checks and does not do the will of the people."
As though Bush's EOs and proliferation of signing statements didn't.
Old 03-18-2012, 20:39   #6
Points: 27,395, Level: 98 Points: 27,395, Level: 98 Points: 27,395, Level: 98
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by freesw View Post
President Bush is not in office, a Kenyan Muslim is.
Groucho Marx
Dirty Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 20:58   #7
Points: 9,366, Level: 65 Points: 9,366, Level: 65 Points: 9,366, Level: 65
Activity: 70.5% Activity: 70.5% Activity: 70.5%
Last Achievements

I hates to break it to ya, freeban, but some us no longer care what Bush did or didn't do. He ain't in charge anymore. Barry the Bombastic Bungler is.
higgite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 23:43   #8
Full on evil Capitalist!
Points: 12,644, Level: 73 Points: 12,644, Level: 73 Points: 12,644, Level: 73
Activity: 43.2% Activity: 43.2% Activity: 43.2%
Last Achievements

Holy crap, anyone else read this in full?

I just did, and it chills my blood.

FEMA used to have too much power in my opinion, and now this new EO not only says that multiple agencies can, but should take over, and run various parts of the economy, food production and supply but more important, that they can take over and run the energy sector of our economy.

Public or private, does not matter. The USA can now go into a private company, based on this EO signed into law by Barack Obama, and take over if they deem that takeover to be in the best intrest of the USA.

This is serious stuff folks. It's not just take over either, but lend money, buy equipment, take equipment etc.

Under this EO, I could as Sec. of Energy, go into Mobil, take over the plant, crank up production or shut it down. I could order the military to guard the plant, the treasury to loan me money via the Fed Bank, and buy new equipment, install it, hire people to run it, then turn and leave, and give it back to Mobil for free.

Yes, zero cost to the company. Or I could keep it as long as I deemed it a national defense concern.

Pipe lines. Rail roads. Truck based shipping, even your own personal vehicles are ALL listed in this EO.

If the government wants them, they now have the power under this EO to take them, use them, store them and you don't get to do anything about it but comply. (It's for the good of the nation you see..)

Hello!?! Anyone paying attention to this should be concerned, and not just alarmed, but downright concerned.

I'm going to go look up what EO's this cancelled, they are listed in this EO.

Think you live in the land of the free?

LOL, Sure as long as some agency does not decide that your farm/company/vehicle/whatever is needed for national defense or security.

Then you get to hand it over, and hope they don't destroy it in the process.

The flip side is this would allow the Feds to go into a company like Solyndra, take it over, put in what needs to be done at zero cost to the company to make it profitable, or pump out solar panels all day long for "national defense" and the tax payers just get to suck it up and pay the bill....

GM and Chrysler all over again, only on a massive scale folks. (With a dash of scare tactics thrown in there about food and energy supplies.)

Do you guys think they are getting worried about food costs, energy costs and this is the solution?

To hell with drill baby drill, just take over the oil companies/refiners/energy producers and the entire agri-business...

Yep, that's going to solve our energy and food price problems..

Worked for the Soviets right?

Worked for China too.

How many starved?

150 million? Just think, it can never happen here right?

History says otherwise folks.
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:21   #9
Points: 27,395, Level: 98 Points: 27,395, Level: 98 Points: 27,395, Level: 98
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by shootnpoot View Post
Curious timing ...gas going through the roof and his poll numbers plummeting ..
That's what I'm noticing too, the kenyan has nothing to run on, and he knows we want him out.
Groucho Marx
Dirty Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:45   #10
hostilenativelibertarian.
Points: 20,996, Level: 91 Points: 20,996, Level: 91 Points: 20,996, Level: 91
Activity: 41.7% Activity: 41.7% Activity: 41.7%
Last Achievements

Location: Oragun-still clinging to my religion,guns,and sour mash!
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
Holy crap, anyone else read this in full?

I just did, and it chills my blood.

FEMA used to have too much power in my opinion, and now this new EO not only says that multiple agencies can, but should take over, and run various parts of the economy, food production and supply but more important, that they can take over and run the energy sector of our economy.

Public or private, does not matter. The USA can now go into a private company, based on this EO signed into law by Barack Obama, and take over if they deem that takeover to be in the best intrest of the USA.

This is serious stuff folks. It's not just take over either, but lend money, buy equipment, take equipment etc.

Under this EO, I could as Sec. of Energy, go into Mobil, take over the plant, crank up production or shut it down. I could order the military to guard the plant, the treasury to loan me money via the Fed Bank, and buy new equipment, install it, hire people to run it, then turn and leave, and give it back to Mobil for free.

Yes, zero cost to the company. Or I could keep it as long as I deemed it a national defense concern.

Pipe lines. Rail roads. Truck based shipping, even your own personal vehicles are ALL listed in this EO.

If the government wants them, they now have the power under this EO to take them, use them, store them and you don't get to do anything about it but comply. (It's for the good of the nation you see..)

Hello!?! Anyone paying attention to this should be concerned, and not just alarmed, but downright concerned.

I'm going to go look up what EO's this cancelled, they are listed in this EO.

Think you live in the land of the free?

LOL, Sure as long as some agency does not decide that your farm/company/vehicle/whatever is needed for national defense or security.

Then you get to hand it over, and hope they don't destroy it in the process.

The flip side is this would allow the Feds to go into a company like Solyndra, take it over, put in what needs to be done at zero cost to the company to make it profitable, or pump out solar panels all day long for "national defense" and the tax payers just get to suck it up and pay the bill....

GM and Chrysler all over again, only on a massive scale folks. (With a dash of scare tactics thrown in there about food and energy supplies.)

Do you guys think they are getting worried about food costs, energy costs and this is the solution?

To hell with drill baby drill, just take over the oil companies/refiners/energy producers and the entire agri-business...

Yep, that's going to solve our energy and food price problems..

Worked for the Soviets right?

Worked for China too.

How many starved?

150 million? Just think, it can never happen here right?

History says otherwise folks.
Yup-he's gonna cause a blood bath...........

...Just take the shot...
Don't bother me-I'm reloading!
magnomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:51   #11
Administrator
Points: 24,041, Level: 94 Points: 24,041, Level: 94 Points: 24,041, Level: 94
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%
Last Achievements

We have returned to a monarchy, which is exactly what the founding fathers did not want.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 13:40   #12
Points: 37,571, Level: 100 Points: 37,571, Level: 100 Points: 37,571, Level: 100
Last Achievements

So much for staying under the radar. This isn't going unnoticed by the media.

President Obama signs Executive Order allowing for control over all US resources - National Finance Examiner | Examiner.com
Old 03-19-2012, 19:04   #13
Last Achievements

Hmmm....

Wow!

WE sure didn't see this EO coming, now did we? (Check out Post #2)

These lib-prog dou(hebags are so 'effing predictable.

Again, they telegraph their moves, as they're so proud of how badly they're screwing the American people that they can't contain their glee.

Step 1: Put out press release on Whitehouse.gov on the presidential powers associated with an Executive Order.

Step 2: Sign Executive Order that centralizes power to the U.S. Government to run entire sectors of business and the U.S. economy.

This is very reminiscent of another "King that would be" who stepped onto the World Stage last century. This ought scare the sh^t out of you folks.

I'll make another prediction...

The Joker will soon blame his critics of the current high gas prices on racism.

Oh wait...maybe I'm confusing ForSoWrong with Barry now??

This administration and this president is a disgrace. They represent EVERYTHING that is wrong with politics and those who are supposed to defend the U.S. Constitution.

Does the expression..."Wrong place at the wrong time!"...ring a bell with anyone else here?

Frankly, I can't wait until Odumbo is on a plane, headed back to Crook County, only to cry about how he was not elected for a second term, due to the racist "white pigs" that couldn't get back on the "Hope and Change" bus with him.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:35   #14
Full on evil Capitalist!
Last Achievements

I think the most telling part of this EO, is how it was done, and what power it expands over the previous versions.

Energy and food are the common theme, and not because of a war in Iran, but clearly because the Obama Administration expects there to be serious issues with supply and demand over what I've been pointing out for months.

Inflation.

The dollar is at best, worth 1/3 of what it was in 2008. That is reality.

This bubble we have been enjoying of low cost stuff is about to burst, and when it does, the cost of everything will skyrocket up fast. Perhaps in a few days or weeks to a "true value" as determined by the market.

What that will do for anyone who sells goods or products OUTSIDE of the USA is increase their profits from those sales, but the value of stuff made OUTSIDE the USA, and even sold in the USA that is made here, will go up, and go up past where most folks will be able to buy them. (Here in the USA anyway, the world market will enjoy the "discount" on high quality American goods/products/energy.)

Look at gasoline, as it's the harbinger of this process. On the world market, oil is most often traded in USD. This has been the norm for decades, pretty much ever since the end of WWII.

Our currency was considered the "worlds reserve currency" and as such, had increased demand, that drove up value, and made things from the USA more expensive in the world market, and since the USD was powerful, we could buy stuff cheaper from other places, and ship it back home.

In 2008, Obama and the Fed Bank decided to liquidate the debt, dilute it if you will, by "printing" more money. Only today, that's not just printed money, but vapor ware money in a digital age, the money was created overnight, faster than it ever could be printed, and the world was flush with USD.

This was called Quantitative Easing, or QE. We are in QE4 at the moment, and it's why the stock market has been able to appear strong again. Our economy is not robust, but the value of the USD has been diluted by 2/3 or more. Since that's true, the "price" of everything has gone up, and Wall St. is not any different. 12,000 on Wall St. sounds good, but when you factor in that over 3 times the money is chasing investors around the world today, the figure sounds less impressive.

And back to oil. Oil being traded in USD has gone up and up. So much now that oil companies in the USA can actually sell refined products from our home shores, and shipp them to places like China for a profit. (This was not possible in 2008, the USD was too powerful, and it was cheaper for China to buy refined products from other sources.)

Also a fact about oil that Obama does not want the population to know is that as the value of the USD has dropped, thousands of oil wells domestically have been set into motion, to produce as much oil domestically as possible, not to sell it here, but to PROFIT from selling the refined products off shore, where the sellers can get maximum profits due to the weak dollar. (Thousands of private wells, not those on federal lands.)

What that looks like is our production has gone up, and you hear Obama out touting how his plans have resulted in the most US oil and gas production, and we are drilling etc. (What he does not mention is that production and drilling was all approved during previous administrations, and on private/state lands, not federal lands where Obama's crew has "slow walked" permits and banned drilling/exploration in favor of his Green Energy agenda.)

What is interesting about this EO, is that Obama created the need for it. NOT the oil companies. The oil companies, and any company that is profiting from this weak USD globally will be punished by this EO for their "greed."

Take corn, wheat or rice for example. All products sold on the world market, and the USA is a major producer of hundreds of agriculture products that are shipped word wide. As the USD collapses, where are farmers going to sell their corn, wheat and rice? How about to the highest bidders? The system is global folks, and commodities markets are flush right now with USD, the trading medium since in places like China, there is a glut of USD looking to find anyone who wants to take them. (This massive supply of dollars drives down the price/value, and as China dumps the Trillion UDS they have held, it will get even more devalued over the next few months, if not sooner.)

So, we have a world that wants to buy stuff, and we have a "World Reserve Currency" that is worth perhaps 1/3 of what it was just in 2008.....

And then Obama, late on a Friday afternoon, dumps the latest EO for take over of the USA in times of crisis on the media...

Anyone ready to pay 9 to 12 dollars per gallon for gasoline? How about 4.00 for a loaf of bread? (Really, that might go to 12 as well, depending on the loaf/brand.)

Energy prices? Our domestic electrical power is supplied by coal, then natural gas, then hydro, nuclear and way, way down on the list is wind/solar/alternative power.

Who do you think the coal miners will sell their product to when the price of coal in China is going up and the value of the USD is going down? (And we have massive supplies of coal here folks, coal that Obama's EPA has banned from being burned in many places, so the production of coal has been slowed down, people put out of work...)

The only limit to sending coal to China is rail roads, and ports. (Solved with massive cash investments by folks who will make trillions selling those products to a energy hungry market place.)

And this EO is setup to take all that over.

The oil companies will be controlled by the EO.
So will coal companies.
So will commodities markets.
So will farmers.

Instant soviet style control of goods/services and raw materials/energy/water etc.

Sounds great eh?
Old 03-20-2012, 19:13   #15
Last Achievements

Looks like they're stocking up on ammo for use against civilians.

The Intel Hub
March 15, 2012

ATK Awarded Contract to Supply 450 Million Rounds of .40 Caliber Ammunition to the Department of Homeland Security :

Is this a bad omen? Beware the Ides of March?
Old 03-20-2012, 19:20   #16
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Brian S View Post
Looks like they're stocking up on ammo for use against civilians.
And, from what I can tell...so are the civies. Go to your LGS and try to buy some ammo. Ask them about availability. See what they tell you.

I say you've got about 2-3 months before the ammo dries up. Then? Good luck!

'Ol Paco has been predicting the NEW Revolution for a long time now.

Buy it cheap, and stack it deep, amigos!
Old 03-22-2012, 16:00   #17
Full on evil Capitalist!
Last Achievements

And buying food.

What's up that we don't know America?

Our "transparent" goverment is doing stuff that does not make sense...

Or makes perfect sense if you want to collapse the system for some other motive.
Old 03-22-2012, 16:13   #18
communism hater
Points: 9,978, Level: 66 Points: 9,978, Level: 66 Points: 9,978, Level: 66
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%
Last Achievements

Im in the final stages of my preperation. Got a couple loose ends to tie up but for the most part Im ready. The governments activity as of late is making me a little nervous.
Old 03-22-2012, 21:18   #19
anti-capitalist
Last Achievements

snopes.com: National Defense Resources Preparedness

National Defense Resources Preparedness
Claim: President Obama issued a National Defense Resources Preparedness executive order that gives the president unprecedented new powers in time of national emergency.

FALSE
Who created the DHS?
Old 03-22-2012, 22:07   #20
Last Achievements

One of your fellow texans-with whom you should have much respect and admiration for............................................... .But alas-you're a liberal,and would'nt understand!

...Just take the shot...
Old 03-22-2012, 22:15   #21
anti-capitalist
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by magnomark View Post
One of your fellow texans-with whom you should have much respect and admiration for............................................... .But alas-you're a liberal,and would'nt understand!
It's clear you don't understand. You obviously didn't read the information (not the first time).

What will it take before liberals and conservatives alike say no to authoritarian government?

Government to keep data on citizens with no terrorism ties - latimes.com
Old 03-22-2012, 22:21   #22
Last Achievements

When GWB implemented it he was more concerned with the safety of America-than for using the power to control Americans.Another of his mistakes was allowing it to fall into the wrong hands!Read between the lines-educator!

...Just take the shot...
Old 03-22-2012, 22:26   #23
anti-capitalist
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by magnomark View Post
When GWB implemented it he was more concerned with the safety of America-than for using the power to control Americans.
You're deluded.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:47   #24
Last Achievements

You're deluded.
Thank You!At least I'm not a marxist lefttard!

...Just take the shot...
Old 03-23-2012, 20:30   #25
anti-capitalist
Last Achievements

In Soviet Russia, all it takes to be a "marxist leftard" is a denunciation.

Oh wait, no, that's Wingnuttia, right here.