News and Political Forum News and Politics spoken here!

Like Tree16Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2011, 10:13   #51
Full Member
Points: 27,395, Level: 98 Points: 27,395, Level: 98 Points: 27,395, Level: 98
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
Last Achievements
 
Dirty Harry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,501
I just hope America can survive the kenyan parasite, that thing is murdering our country right in front of us.
__________________
http://www.numbersusa.com/content/
http://cis.org/immigrant-welfare-use-2011
Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot.
Groucho Marx
Dirty Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:44   #52
communism hater
Points: 11,188, Level: 69 Points: 11,188, Level: 69 Points: 11,188, Level: 69
Activity: 17.3% Activity: 17.3% Activity: 17.3%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,680
Gosh, you've been here since may, of this year no less. Im the master of you. Your a dum-dum.
__________________
United We Stand.. Divided We Fall.. Into the pits of socialism
qwman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 15:37   #53
Full on evil Capitalist!
Points: 14,532, Level: 78 Points: 14,532, Level: 78 Points: 14,532, Level: 78
Activity: 18.2% Activity: 18.2% Activity: 18.2%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 4,549
Originally Posted by freesw View Post
You're such a filthy liar.
But it attracts you so much.....

Are you a fly freesw? (Attracted to filth that is...)
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 17:34   #54
Full Member
Points: 29,927, Level: 99 Points: 29,927, Level: 99 Points: 29,927, Level: 99
Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,148
Free is only here to deride patriots, slam everything that has made America the global leader that it was, and pour salt into the wounds of any he can get near enough to. I have seen his ilk on threads throughout the internet. Indeed I sometimes wonder of the more persistant morons if they are paid White House staff sitting in a cubicle somewhere stirring the pot. Our tax dollars at work!

Wait.... that sounds a little conspiratorial... LOL!
Parnelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 19:00   #55
anti-capitalist
Points: 77,836, Level: 100 Points: 77,836, Level: 100 Points: 77,836, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: A fundamentally transformed America
Posts: 24,490
Originally Posted by Parnelli View Post
Free is only here to deride patriots ...
Wrong again, Parnelli.

I used to follow the politics forum here for some vigorous debate and to learn about points of view that differ from mine. A certain amount of honesty is presumed. But those are slim pickings these days. What I see most are posts without integrity, a politics and news subforum where trolling is the majority activity.

So if there's anything I'm here to "deride," it's foolishness such as yours, and for sheer foolishness per post, this is as target-rich an environment as it gets.

I'd rather the former, but the latter is what it is today.
freesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 19:21   #56
Full Member
Points: 1,644, Level: 23 Points: 1,644, Level: 23 Points: 1,644, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 203
Originally Posted by freesw View Post
First off, Dirty Harry, look in the mirror to see hateful.

And for you, of all people, to talk about changing the topic, when nearly all your posts are the same nasty toilet stoppers they've always been, is absurd. But then you never did make sense.
ROFL...ROFL
i will have to start checking my post count cuz this has been decent entertainment for the past two days!
bitstream5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 20:57   #57
LIB-PROG DESTROYER
Points: 10,342, Level: 67 Points: 10,342, Level: 67 Points: 10,342, Level: 67
Activity: 26.4% Activity: 26.4% Activity: 26.4%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: THREE STEPS AHEAD OF THE PU TROLLS!
Posts: 2,711
Originally Posted by freesw View Post
There is no further information about it available now.
Gang, that's what he would have you believe...and he'd be wrong.

If you look at the first and original post, you'll see that the full story is from July 29th, 2011. Let me see, I think that was...LAST FRIDAY!

Free, you don't find it interesting that Darrel Issa is discovering that a Senior White House official of the current administration was reportedly "in the know" about this corrupt operation?

I mean really. This issue has nothing to do with politics. Simply put, it's an issue that addresses the Second Amendment, which is color-blind (blue vs. red), is it not?

OK...on the post count issue...since you've called me out to explain that, I will.

It's simple...and again, you're two-bit logic is flawed. And, what's more, your slant on things only further supports my argument. I'll explain for the bully's on the playground.

The point I was making, and have made in numerous threads about your 8K+ post count is that you have devoted countless hours to this particular message board. And, I think we all could agree, it's a firearms message board. Correct?

So, my question is why would you be here since 2006...on a firearms message board...for over five years (Hey look, I can do math too)...and post written attacks on those who discuss a topic at the very core of what even allows such a message board to exist, the Second Amendment??

This seems to be a paradox. But, then again, you seem like a paradox of sorts.

As far as Parnelli's posts count goes, frankly I don't have an issue with another member being here only a short period of time and racking up a good number of posts per month. In fact, I happen to enjoy someone who has an independent head on his shoulders, and who is obviously passionate about this country and saving it for all Americans, despite their party affiliation.

Maybe you didn't catch one of his other well-thought-out posts. If not, here you go.

Besides, if I wanted to boost my post count, I'd merely go to the "New Member Introduction" thread and welcome each and every new member to the Pee-Yew. Boy, no members here ever do that to boost their post count, huh?

Anyway, back to the point of this post...

Here has been your tact, since joining the thread...

First, you use the "two wrongs make a right" argument in your "free's on the scene" post. Again, playground logic.

Next, you throw an insult calling another member a "liar".

Next, you call a different member's comments "insane".

Finally, you call me part of "the mob attempting to force conformity on everyone here".

Really? So, me posting recent findings about a corrupt government operation ("Fast & Furious") on a firearms message board equates to me trying to "force conformity" on other members, especially those who have already been here for five years???

Really?? You really feel that threatened by the so-called "mob", that now anyone who holds a different opinion from yours is part of "the mob".

Am I the only one who sees the two-bit logic of this alt-tabbing narcissist?

Here's the best part...wait for it.

Like all progressives, eventually their own logic implodes on them, and they never can figure it out, until someone points it out to them.

So, let me help ya...

Smart guy, it's because you've been here for over five years AND have over 6K posts that it makes your angry insults towards other members on the very message board that you've devoted countless hours to yourself that much more insulting.

Your hurtful words paint you as even more of a pathetic t^rd in a punch bowl to the rest of us here.

Are you a respected long-termer? No.

Are you someone that's looked up to here? No.

Are you considered someone with whom we can respectfully disagree, without being disagreeable? No.

Rather, you're simply considered another keyboard commando on the Internet who has more time on his hands than he knows what to do with. And, you prove this with each post filled with bombastic comments and childish insults.

Again, there's a difference between intelligence and wisdom, free. And, there's no question to "the mob", you're deficient in the latter.

And, before you cry "foul" on me here, and you get all a$$hurt, consider this...

You're like the cowhand who walks through the pasture and then complains he got manure on his boots.

Maybe that analogy works better for you, hoss?

BTW, Kevin's number one word of advice for those posting in this forum...

"If your gonna post in this forum, you better have your big boy/big girl panties on."

Boy, I bet your therapist has fun when you come a-callin'
__________________
Moderation? We don't need no stinking moderation!
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 21:08   #58
Full Member
Points: 4,617, Level: 43 Points: 4,617, Level: 43 Points: 4,617, Level: 43
Activity: 83.6% Activity: 83.6% Activity: 83.6%
Last Achievements
 
bmcgilvray's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,345
Freesw is apparently here because he likes the scorn heaped on him. Why else would he keep coming back? It is for certain that he is not as high-minded as he tries to portray himself when he says he's here "for some vigorous debate and to learn." He can't dominate the politics forum as he would like so he's become much more testy lately. Positively "pooch-mouthed" he is.

Freesw sees no problem with government operations like "Fast and Furious." He supports those in government who instigated it. He cares not for the Second Amendment. He cares not for the Constitution. If he says he does care for them he lies. He can't support the ideology he embraces and be pro-gun. Freesw rings false.
bmcgilvray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 21:09   #59
anti-capitalist
Points: 77,836, Level: 100 Points: 77,836, Level: 100 Points: 77,836, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: A fundamentally transformed America
Posts: 24,490
Paco, I don't care to address any of your claims, except one:

Originally Posted by Paco
why would you be here since 2006...on a firearms message board...for over five years (Hey look, I can do math too)...and post written attacks on those who discuss a topic at the very core of what even allows such a message board to exist, the Second Amendment??
I support the 2nd amendment. What I don't like are lies and extremism clearly intended to goad the unstable into ill-advised and unwarranted violence, both of which are in full evidence on the first page of this thread. I reserve my right to call anyone on that. Parnelli and qwman68 are guilty of both on multiple occasions.

The rest of your post is full of nonsense about all sorts of things, and I fully support your right to believe and post nonsense.


I see bmcgilvray is telling more lies as usual.
freesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 21:23   #60
LIB-PROG DESTROYER
Points: 10,342, Level: 67 Points: 10,342, Level: 67 Points: 10,342, Level: 67
Activity: 26.4% Activity: 26.4% Activity: 26.4%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: THREE STEPS AHEAD OF THE PU TROLLS!
Posts: 2,711
See my responses below...

Originally Posted by freesw View Post
Paco, I don't care to address any of your claims, except one:

I know; you're above the rest of them. Got it!

I support the 2nd amendment.

I'm not entirely sure about that, but if you say so...

What I don't like are lies and extremism clearly intended to goad the unstable into ill-advised and unwarranted violence, both of which are in full evidence on the first page of this thread. I reserve my right to call anyone on that. Parnelli and qwman68 are guilty of both on multiple occasions.

And, you've never stretched the truth, or lied by omission?? OK...

The rest of your post is full of nonsense about all sorts of things,

Well, this pretty much sums up my feelings on your posts too. So, we're even!

and I fully support your right to believe and post nonsense.

OK...on this I can intellectually agree with you. Really...no BS. I also support your right to believe and post nonsense. In fact, you do it so often, you're the one all others aspire to live up to.
__________________
Moderation? We don't need no stinking moderation!
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 21:34   #61
anti-capitalist
Points: 77,836, Level: 100 Points: 77,836, Level: 100 Points: 77,836, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: A fundamentally transformed America
Posts: 24,490
Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
he says he's here "for some vigorous debate and to learn."
Learn to read, bmcgilvray. I did not say that. Such hasn't been possible here for some time.

Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
Why else would he keep coming back?
Why indeed, aside from not wanting the politics and news forum to degenerate into an unchecked sewer of bigotry and ignorance. Were it not for about three or four reasonable posters, that's exactly what happens with the present lot, yourself included. What difference does it really make, though, if you and you and your cult-mates turn this place into a raging lunatic asylum. I don't know. Probably doesn't much matter. Sometimes online watering holes go to he11. Just the way it is.
freesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 21:58   #62
anti-capitalist
Points: 77,836, Level: 100 Points: 77,836, Level: 100 Points: 77,836, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: A fundamentally transformed America
Posts: 24,490
Originally Posted by Paco View Post
Originally Posted by freesw
What I don't like are lies and extremism clearly intended to goad the unstable into ill-advised and unwarranted violence, both of which are in full evidence on the first page of this thread.
And, you've never stretched the truth, or lied by omission?? OK...
Of course I have. But that's not what I just said, now is it.

"Stretching the truth" and "lying by omission" is not at all the same as these quoted posts:
Fast & Furious...Who knew??

Worst of all, Parnelli shows he knows better.
Marching to the beat of a different drum...

And, it would seem, so do you:
Fast & Furious...Who knew??
freesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 22:12   #63
communism hater
Points: 11,188, Level: 69 Points: 11,188, Level: 69 Points: 11,188, Level: 69
Activity: 17.3% Activity: 17.3% Activity: 17.3%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,680
Free why you draggin my name into this, I didnt do nothing. Loser.
__________________
United We Stand.. Divided We Fall.. Into the pits of socialism
qwman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 22:40   #64
Full Member
Points: 4,617, Level: 43 Points: 4,617, Level: 43 Points: 4,617, Level: 43
Activity: 83.6% Activity: 83.6% Activity: 83.6%
Last Achievements
 
bmcgilvray's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,345
You certainly are thrashing about this evening, freesw, and not in a good humor at all. You're not coming off looking so well on several threads.
bmcgilvray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:04   #65
Full Member
Points: 29,927, Level: 99 Points: 29,927, Level: 99 Points: 29,927, Level: 99
Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,148
Must be into the "Bath Salts" again...
Parnelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 18:42   #66
LIB-PROG DESTROYER
Points: 10,342, Level: 67 Points: 10,342, Level: 67 Points: 10,342, Level: 67
Activity: 26.4% Activity: 26.4% Activity: 26.4%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: THREE STEPS AHEAD OF THE PU TROLLS!
Posts: 2,711
Originally Posted by freesw View Post
And, it would seem, so do you:
Fast & Furious...Who knew??
At least this time I can actually agree with one of your posted links.

But, really? Two-bit logic...again??

You're soooo predictable at this point, free.

As I see it, here's your modus operandi for handling anyone with a dissenting opinion from yours...Deflect the question and put it off on someone else.

Please try harder. I know; it must be extremely boring for you to have to deal with such ignoramuses here. But, try.

Besides, I enjoy watching you get tripped up in your own flawed logic.

I know, it's "the mob's" fault...it's GWB's fault...it's the big oil companies' fault...it's the evil wealthy folks' fault...

It's everyone else's fault, except you.

Hey folks, I finally discovered where Obie left his "transparency". He gave it to freesw for safe-keeping to back-up his transparent AND flawed logic.
__________________
Moderation? We don't need no stinking moderation!
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 17:47   #67
Full on evil Capitalist!
Points: 14,532, Level: 78 Points: 14,532, Level: 78 Points: 14,532, Level: 78
Activity: 18.2% Activity: 18.2% Activity: 18.2%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 4,549
Originally Posted by freesw View Post
Paco, I don't care to address any of your claims, except one:



I support the 2nd amendment. What I don't like are lies and extremism clearly intended to goad the unstable into ill-advised and unwarranted violence, both of which are in full evidence on the first page of this thread. I reserve my right to call anyone on that. Parnelli and qwman68 are guilty of both on multiple occasions.

The rest of your post is full of nonsense about all sorts of things, and I fully support your right to believe and post nonsense.


I see bmcgilvray is telling more lies as usual.
If that's true, why are you not out there calling for idiots at BSMSNBC or NPR to be let go due to calling TEA Party members terrorists who have strapped bombs on themselves?

Or put a gun to the head of America?

Or all the other crap they have thrown out in the past few days?

Or are you as I have come to realize, just a hypocrite?

Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 18:16   #68
Full Member
Points: 29,927, Level: 99 Points: 29,927, Level: 99 Points: 29,927, Level: 99
Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,148
"If they bring a knife, we'll bring a gun..." President of the United States Barak Hussein Obama commenting on his political opponents. Leadership in action; need I say more?
Parnelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 20:30   #69
LIB-PROG DESTROYER
Points: 10,342, Level: 67 Points: 10,342, Level: 67 Points: 10,342, Level: 67
Activity: 26.4% Activity: 26.4% Activity: 26.4%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: THREE STEPS AHEAD OF THE PU TROLLS!
Posts: 2,711
Originally Posted by Parnelli View Post
"If they bring a knife, we'll bring a gun..." President of the United States Barak Hussein Obama commenting on his political opponents. Leadership in action; need I say more?

He's barking up the wrong tree.
__________________
Moderation? We don't need no stinking moderation!
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 22:52   #70
communism hater
Points: 11,188, Level: 69 Points: 11,188, Level: 69 Points: 11,188, Level: 69
Activity: 17.3% Activity: 17.3% Activity: 17.3%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,680
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
If that's true, why are you not out there calling for idiots at BSMSNBC or NPR to be let go due to calling TEA Party members terrorists who have strapped bombs on themselves?

Or put a gun to the head of America?

Or all the other crap they have thrown out in the past few days?

Or are you as I have come to realize, just a hypocrite?

Thats exactly what free is, a hypocrite. You can call me out all day long punk. Your a blowhard with a big mouth. The only thing you care about is the progressive agenda no matter who gets trampled along the way. You seem like the type that would give up your guns if they told you to. Your weak and pathetic and Im embarrassed that your an american.
__________________
United We Stand.. Divided We Fall.. Into the pits of socialism
qwman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 21:33   #71
LIB-PROG DESTROYER
Points: 10,342, Level: 67 Points: 10,342, Level: 67 Points: 10,342, Level: 67
Activity: 26.4% Activity: 26.4% Activity: 26.4%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: THREE STEPS AHEAD OF THE PU TROLLS!
Posts: 2,711
Free has become like listening to a radio station 100 miles from the transmitter during a lightning storm.

He claims to be a supporter of the Second Amendment (and I actually think he believes his own BS). However, with every post he goes out of his way to defend an administration that has tried to flank our Second Amendment right and boldly steal our right to keep and bear arms.

At least Clinton's AWB was done in plain sight. And, even to his credit, he passed it with Congressional support (despite the fact that it was a pack of bogus rules and accusations regarding firearms).

Alternatively, this administration...true to form...attempted tom-foolery and smoke-and-mirrors policies to fabricate evidence to support the nefarious claim that U.S. gun dealers were essentially arming the drug cartels in Mexico.

This is the lowest of the low. And, nothing could be further from the truth!

In fact, it was the BATFE that encourage...YES, ENCOURAGE!...gun dealers to let straw buyers "walk" guns across the border into Mexico and into the hands of the drug cartels.

Actually, the gun dealers were calling the BATFE officials protesting these policies. You see, they literally had straw buyers showing-up with paper bags full of cash money, and buying many military-style rifles (AK-47s, AR-15s, and even .50 cal firearms) in one transaction.

Not only did the the gun dealers know what was going to happen with the firearms that weren't being traced, but so did the BATFE agents who were opposed to this operation from the start. And, when one of their own, Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, was found dead at the murder scene, accompanied by one of the rifles that had "walked", the lid blew off this scandal.

Frankly, this is not a partisan fight, despite what some here may lead you to believe. Rather, it's a fight against our right as American citizens to protect our freedoms, our lives, our loved ones and our property...PERIOD!

In fact, as I noted in the original post, 31 Democratic House members wrote Obie this past June 2011, urging him to instruct the BATFE to comply with the congressional investigation on this operation. So, even some Dems are willing to put politics aside on this issue, and even confront the POTUS head-on with their resentment of the lack of transparency on issues such as this and others that HE promised at the beginning of his term.

OK...so let's think about what we're seeing across the world TODAY...not yesterday...not when GWB was in office...not back when Carter was in office...not when FDR was in office...TODAY!...right now!

As I do each day, I was getting my news online. And, what to my amazement and disbelief did I see? Britain is on fire! It's literally being over-run by thugs and rioting.

Next, I read a story about a group of young adults terrorizing folks coming out of a Wisconsin State Fair...literally beating them, kicking them and spitting on them in front of their children. Was race involved? You bet it was! Read the story yourself and see who were the majority of the perpetrators.

Next, I hear the mayor of Philadelphia (Michael Nutter) telling his community that he has had enough of the teen violence and "flash mobs" that have wrecked and crippled local businesses and have ruined lives.


Now, ask yourself...how would you react to ANY one of these situations if you couldn't arm yourself?

Ask yourself...how would you feel if your mother, child, wife or brother was beaten to death by a group a apoplectic and apathetic hoodlum teens who wanted to show their resentment from not receiving what they have been raised to believe are their entitlements for just being born?

Ask yourself...how would your feel after watching the business your family built from the ground-up being burnt to the ground by those who could care less about your life's work and the 80-hour work weeks you put in there to make it a success?

If you think that's this is not coming to a neighborhood near you, you're wrong. And, unfortunately the truth of the matter is that you may be dead wrong.

I say, NO! I won't accept being a prisoner in my own country, after I have "played by the rules", paid my taxes year after year, and acquired everything I have in life from own HARD WORK.

I won't watch as my house is burnt to the ground, and I am forced to watch thugs beat (or worse) my wife, trample my heirlooms, or steal my possessions!

I won't I feel threatened to walk into a grocery store to pick-up baby formula for my child, simply because a nobody, do-nothing street dweller who is too lazy to work, shave or shower wants to rob me of my money to get his next "fix".

And, last but certainly NOT least...I won't sit back and watch this crooked administration and its man-child puppet-president attempt to take away my Second Amendment right as it tries to implement a corrupt government and destroy the greatest nation this planet has ever seen.

Again...NO!

You see my friends, "Fast & Furious" is the very definition of tyranny. And, it cannot AND must not stand.

In fact, this is what our country's founders warned us of, and it is EXACTLY why the Second Amendment exists.

And, if you don't get that, you have NO business being on a "Shooting Sports Forum" message board...period!
__________________
Moderation? We don't need no stinking moderation!
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 21:56   #72
communism hater
Points: 11,188, Level: 69 Points: 11,188, Level: 69 Points: 11,188, Level: 69
Activity: 17.3% Activity: 17.3% Activity: 17.3%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,680
Paco you are 100% correct. Obama's administration is the most underhanded lying decietful bunch I have ever seen. Fast and furious cost the life of a border patrol agent. Cost this country a good american, cost his wife a good husband, his kids a good father. Along with all the other things wrong with fast and furious, that should be enough to outrage Americans. It pizzes me off. I really dont know where to begin with these flash mob idiots beating people for no reason. I would encourage people to get permits and get armed. Dont leave your family's life in a thugs hands and hope he doesnt kill you all. Awesome post paco, Im standing with you brother.
__________________
United We Stand.. Divided We Fall.. Into the pits of socialism
qwman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 23:58   #73
Full on evil Capitalist!
Points: 14,532, Level: 78 Points: 14,532, Level: 78 Points: 14,532, Level: 78
Activity: 18.2% Activity: 18.2% Activity: 18.2%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 4,549
The bright side of things is there are many like Paco in our world, and if we all refuse to allow evil to prosper, things can get better.

They will not be easy. We have ignored the problems for far too long, and some areas are much worse than others.

The best we can do locally is vote smart, stay aware, and remain armed and ready with a plan of what to do if things go bad.

It's like planning for the fire you never hope will happen. Why do fire drills? Because if you dont' when the fire does come along, people die in the confusion.

Plan, and you have a good chance of living for another day, and just as important, can help others to live as well.
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:01   #74
Full Member
Points: 29,927, Level: 99 Points: 29,927, Level: 99 Points: 29,927, Level: 99
Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,148
Not to support this, or any other administration, but the government has taken nothing from us that we have not willfully surrendered.

Our rights cannot be taken away... only given up. All that it takes for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing. (Edmund Burke, paraphrased)

We have bent over and taken it up the wazoo at every turn, and all we do is whine about it. No offence meant, but truth is truth, myself included.
Parnelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 22:46   #75
LIB-PROG DESTROYER
Points: 10,342, Level: 67 Points: 10,342, Level: 67 Points: 10,342, Level: 67
Activity: 26.4% Activity: 26.4% Activity: 26.4%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: THREE STEPS AHEAD OF THE PU TROLLS!
Posts: 2,711
Watch this pivotal scene from Braveheart, when Sir William Wallace finally wins the hearts and minds of his countrymen, and tell me you cannot hear his words echoing throughout time.

In this scene, at about the 1:00 mark, the speech Sir William Wallace delivers absolutely nails it.


Yes, I agree...there is nothing that government can take from us that we don't ultimately give to them.

That being said, government can certainly limit your freedoms in ways that can be costly to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And, those who read history know this has happened over and again.

In the end, I agree fully with the spirit of the speech delivered in the movie clip above. And, while I understand it's just a movie, the message is extremely appropriate to the national dialogue going on today.

TYRANNY MUST NOT STAND!
__________________
Moderation? We don't need no stinking moderation!
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:09.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
All information is copyright by Perfectunion.com unless already under copyright.

This site is Gunny Approved