Greenpeace leader admits misleading public about melting arctic ice - Shooting Sports Forum


News and Political Forum News and Politics spoken here!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 15:58   #1
Full Member
 
Mystery Meat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: People's Republic of California
Posts: 90
Greenpeace leader admits misleading public about melting arctic ice

Excerpts:

The outgoing leader of Greenpeace has admitted his organization’s recent claim that the Arctic Ice will disappear by 2030 was “a mistake.” Greenpeace made the claim in a July 15 press release entitled “Urgent Action Needed As Arctic Ice Melts,” which said there will be an ice-free Arctic by 2030 because of global warming.

Although he admitted Greenpeace had released inaccurate but alarming information, Leipold defended the organization’s practice of “emotionalizing issues” in order to bring the public around to its way of thinking and alter public opinion.

Video is available at the link.
http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/am...-exaggeration/

The story The Boy who Cried Wolf comes to mind. People who lie to advance their agendas deserve to be marginalized. Leipold is yet another agenda-driven activist who is trying to scare people.
__________________
In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mystery Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 17:55   #2
Full Member
 
mustangdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Antioch, Tennessee
Posts: 1,057
Typical high minded liberal "think" be emotional...disregard the facts...MAKE up your own

Last edited by mustangdave; 08-19-2009 at 17:56. Reason: spell check
mustangdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:52   #3
Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,110
Originally Posted by Mystery Meat View Post
Excerpts:

The outgoing leader of Greenpeace has admitted his organization’s recent claim that the Arctic Ice will disappear by 2030 was “a mistake.” Greenpeace made the claim in a July 15 press release entitled “Urgent Action Needed As Arctic Ice Melts,” which said there will be an ice-free Arctic by 2030 because of global warming.

Although he admitted Greenpeace had released inaccurate but alarming information, Leipold defended the organization’s practice of “emotionalizing issues” in order to bring the public around to its way of thinking and alter public opinion.

Video is available at the link.
http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/am...-exaggeration/

The story The Boy who Cried Wolf comes to mind. People who lie to advance their agendas deserve to be marginalized. Leipold is yet another agenda-driven activist who is trying to scare people.

Hmmm....it's been a few days, and the liberal one has not replied to this. Curious.
__________________
Writer of wrongs.
2dumb2kwit is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 08-21-2009, 09:03   #4
Full Member
 
COBRADOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Plant City, FL
Posts: 2,914
Originally Posted by mustangdave View Post
Typical high minded liberal "think" be emotional...disregard the facts...MAKE up your own
The old saying, "Don't confuse me with facts, I've already made up my mind" readily comes to mind.

Bet you didn't see this in any of the government controlled MSM?
__________________
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

NRA
Vietnam '68-'69 / '71-'72
Disabled American Veterans
Vietnam Veterans of America
Vietnam Helicopter Pilots Association
U.S. Army (Ret.)
COBRADOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:09   #5
anti-capitalist
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Divided States of America
Posts: 28,783
Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
Hmmm....it's been a few days, and the liberal one has not replied to this. Curious.
What's the point? It doesn't prove or disprove anything.
__________________
Donald J. Trump has been in violation of Article 1 Section 9 Clause 8 of the US Constitution since the day he mistook the oath of office. Impeach Now.
freesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:34   #6
Full Member
 
mustangdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Antioch, Tennessee
Posts: 1,057
Sorry...no respect for Green Peace at all. Morons ALL
mustangdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:25   #7
Moderator Moderator and Super MemberSuper Member
 
markw76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: range-poor, leftard-rich Portland, Orygun
Posts: 7,547
Originally Posted by Mystery Meat View Post
Leipold defended the organization’s practice of “emotionalizing issues” in order to bring the public around to its way of thinking and alter public opinion.
Another example of the Big Lie in action. Goebbels would be pleased.
Originally Posted by mustangdave View Post
Typical high minded liberal "think" be emotional...disregard the facts...MAKE up your own
Not so much disregarding as making some up to fill the vacuum.
While not all the data get twisted, so much of the information out there seems to be knee-jerk OMG! We're reaching a tipping point! Then a few months later, someone quietly comes out with more information to the effect, well, things are indeed changing, but apparently not for the reasons we thought and we have evidence suggesting it has happened before...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. A good anvil never fears The Hammer. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! Semper Gumby كاف

Last edited by markw76; 08-21-2009 at 12:31.
markw76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:44   #8
Full Member
 
mustangdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Antioch, Tennessee
Posts: 1,057
Had a CO in the Navy back in the late 80's..real gung ho type, we were entering San Francisco Bay...headed for the China Basin Shipyard Facility for a 1 year overhaul. Just as we cleared the Golden Gate Bridge 3 of these tree hugger/dirt people started doing a zig-zag pattern in front of the ship in their GP Zodiac boat...skipper told the helmsman "speed up a bit"...they wanted to play chicken...and just about got keel hauled.
mustangdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 13:04   #9
Moderator Moderator and Super MemberSuper Member
 
markw76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: range-poor, leftard-rich Portland, Orygun
Posts: 7,547
Originally Posted by mustangdave View Post
Had a CO in the Navy back in the late 80's..real gung ho type, we were entering San Francisco Bay...headed for the China Basin Shipyard Facility for a 1 year overhaul. Just as we cleared the Golden Gate Bridge 3 of these tree hugger/dirt people started doing a zig-zag pattern in front of the ship in their GP Zodiac boat...skipper told the helmsman "speed up a bit"...they wanted to play chicken...and just about got keel hauled.
Better GP than Code Pink...
Attached Thumbnails
Greenpeace leader admits misleading public about melting arctic ice-code_pink_murder.jpg   Greenpeace leader admits misleading public about melting arctic ice-code-pink-sweetie.jpg  
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. A good anvil never fears The Hammer. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! Semper Gumby كاف
markw76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 13:20   #10
Full Member
 
DrewArtist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,501
Should we still test Nukes?
__________________
[SIGPIC]http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic.php?u=1559NTiut&i=1086386[/SIGPIC]
DrewArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 13:26   #11
Moderator Moderator and Super MemberSuper Member
 
markw76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: range-poor, leftard-rich Portland, Orygun
Posts: 7,547
Only if they really, really, think it's necessary. Underground. I think it's less and less so, compared to 30 years ago.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. A good anvil never fears The Hammer. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! Semper Gumby كاف
markw76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 13:34   #12
Full Member
 
DrewArtist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,501
Well That was what GP was all about. They wanted governments, mainly the U.S. to stop open/surface testing. Do I support them by donations, NO. But I am glad there is a group shouting so we can have a different perspective of views. Plus they have created another $$$ making industry (Whale watching). Who cares about nature though.
__________________
[SIGPIC]http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic.php?u=1559NTiut&i=1086386[/SIGPIC]
DrewArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 13:40   #13
Moderator Moderator and Super MemberSuper Member
 
markw76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: range-poor, leftard-rich Portland, Orygun
Posts: 7,547
I do wish they'd go pick on the Japanese more. They don't seem to do much to inhibit the habitual and frequent killing of whales for "research"...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. A good anvil never fears The Hammer. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! Semper Gumby كاف
markw76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 16:48   #14
Full Member
 
DrewArtist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,501
Have you been watching Whale Wars at all? Entertaining but that's about it.
__________________
[SIGPIC]http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic.php?u=1559NTiut&i=1086386[/SIGPIC]
DrewArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 21:12   #15
Moderator Moderator and Super MemberSuper Member
 
markw76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: range-poor, leftard-rich Portland, Orygun
Posts: 7,547
Originally Posted by DrewArtist View Post
Have you been watching Whale Wars at all? Entertaining but that's about it.
It's like watching Keystone Cops, or a Hollywood version of war. They're supposed to be more aggressive than GP, but if it were me, I'd find a Billionaire Benefactor, buy a mothballed something-or-other and get serious with treaty breakers.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. A good anvil never fears The Hammer. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! Semper Gumby كاف
markw76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 05:43   #16
Full Member
 
DrewArtist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,501
I watched ˝ of an episode last night, the finally, they rammed one of the harpoon ships and ripped open the hall. They also were arrested for the collision at sea. But I always became aggravated that how sloppy their actions and procedures were. They would dog individuals for their experience in the Navy but that’s just what they needed. The damn Steve Irwin crew needs to go to Boot camp. But as much as I am against Whaling in the way that Japan is going about it, I am 100% for cultures that whale for food. I kind of would like see a documentary from the Japanese side. Or maybe more about groups that do hunt Whales.

The Whale Hunt Story:
http://thewhalehunt.org/

http://www.seashepherd.org/

Institute of Cetacean Research
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institu...acean_Research

I think I hijacked this thread.
__________________
[SIGPIC]http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic.php?u=1559NTiut&i=1086386[/SIGPIC]
DrewArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 16:56   #17
Moderator Moderator and Super MemberSuper Member
 
markw76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: range-poor, leftard-rich Portland, Orygun
Posts: 7,547
Originally Posted by DrewArtist View Post
I watched ˝ of an episode last night, the finally, they rammed one of the harpoon ships and ripped open the hall. They also were arrested for the collision at sea. But I always became aggravated that how sloppy their actions and procedures were. They would dog individuals for their experience in the Navy but that’s just what they needed. The damn Steve Irwin crew needs to go to Boot camp. But as much as I am against Whaling in the way that Japan is going about it, I am 100% for cultures that whale for food. I kind of would like see a documentary from the Japanese side. Or maybe more about groups that do hunt Whales.
Who arrested them, Coast Guard? AFAIC, Japan is putting too much pressure on whales. Supply is tight because of years of over-whaling and they need to suck it up, raise the price on whale meat and eat more sea slugs. The Inuits and other native peoples should be able to harvest whatever they can use.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. A good anvil never fears The Hammer. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! Semper Gumby كاف
markw76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 18:40   #18
Full Member
 
DrewArtist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,501
Originally Posted by markw76 View Post
Who arrested them, Coast Guard? AFAIC, Japan is putting too much pressure on whales. Supply is tight because of years of over-whaling and they need to suck it up, raise the price on whale meat and eat more sea slugs. The Inuits and other native peoples should be able to harvest whatever they can use.
The Australian feds. Well the whales that Japan are hunting are not that endangered, they are just taken advantage of loop hole in the international laws and hunting for profit and not for necessity.
__________________
[SIGPIC]http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic.php?u=1559NTiut&i=1086386[/SIGPIC]
DrewArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 20:19   #19
Moderator Moderator and Super MemberSuper Member
 
markw76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: range-poor, leftard-rich Portland, Orygun
Posts: 7,547
Originally Posted by DrewArtist View Post
The Australian feds. Well the whales that Japan are hunting are not that endangered, they are just taken advantage of loop hole in the international laws and hunting for profit and not for necessity.
Well, it isn't for research, as they so largely paint on the sides of the whaling ships they're running. Ramming is highly over-rated, as I'm sure the Irwinites found out.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. A good anvil never fears The Hammer. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! Semper Gumby كاف
markw76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 22:15.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
All information is copyright by Perfectunion.com unless already under copyright.