NEST Engineering Designer and manufacturer of the Accu-Strut Mini-14 barrel stabilizing system.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 20:32   #1
Super Member
Points: 24,802, Level: 95 Points: 24,802, Level: 95 Points: 24,802, Level: 95
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%
Last Achievements
 
kkina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,789
Accu-strut 2 (black) is shipping

The stainless version should also be available in another week or so.
__________________
CEO NEST Engineering
MINI-14 SHOOTING CHAMP
2003: Iron Class: Dec and 3rd Overall
2004: Iron Class: Series 1; Scope Class: Series 1

www.accu-strut.com
kkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 19:38   #2
Full Member
Points: 3,428, Level: 36 Points: 3,428, Level: 36 Points: 3,428, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tegucigalpa, Honduras, Central America
Posts: 221
Thumbs up

When the stainless version gets ready, can I order just the strut as an improvement of my actual system, or do I have to buy the entire kit again?
MadForWeapons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 22:52   #3
Super Member
Points: 24,802, Level: 95 Points: 24,802, Level: 95 Points: 24,802, Level: 95
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%
Last Achievements
 
kkina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,789
Originally Posted by MadForWeapons View Post
When the stainless version gets ready, can I order just the strut as an improvement of my actual system, or do I have to buy the entire kit again?
I can probably release just a strut.
__________________
CEO NEST Engineering
MINI-14 SHOOTING CHAMP
2003: Iron Class: Dec and 3rd Overall
2004: Iron Class: Series 1; Scope Class: Series 1

www.accu-strut.com
kkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 19:22   #4
Full Member
Points: 3,428, Level: 36 Points: 3,428, Level: 36 Points: 3,428, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tegucigalpa, Honduras, Central America
Posts: 221
Thumbs up

Just let me know when and I will jump at it!!!
Thank you for your excellent customer service.

MFW
MadForWeapons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 17:30   #5
Super Member
Points: 24,802, Level: 95 Points: 24,802, Level: 95 Points: 24,802, Level: 95
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%
Last Achievements
 
kkina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,789
The stainless version of Accu-strut 2 is now available online.

Also available is a limited number of blemished units. These have very minor surface defects, actually hardly noticeable. Black only. $99.95.

Also available are struts only, by popular request. These will work with your existing clamps from Accu-strut Original. $90.
__________________
CEO NEST Engineering
MINI-14 SHOOTING CHAMP
2003: Iron Class: Dec and 3rd Overall
2004: Iron Class: Series 1; Scope Class: Series 1

www.accu-strut.com
kkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 18:31   #6
Super Member
Points: 24,802, Level: 95 Points: 24,802, Level: 95 Points: 24,802, Level: 95
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%
Last Achievements
 
kkina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,789
Originally Posted by MadForWeapons View Post
Just let me know when and I will jump at it!!!
Thank you for your excellent customer service.

MFW
Struts only are now available.
__________________
CEO NEST Engineering
MINI-14 SHOOTING CHAMP
2003: Iron Class: Dec and 3rd Overall
2004: Iron Class: Series 1; Scope Class: Series 1

www.accu-strut.com
kkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 17:50   #7
Full Member
Points: 3,428, Level: 36 Points: 3,428, Level: 36 Points: 3,428, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tegucigalpa, Honduras, Central America
Posts: 221
Kevin, this morning I ordered a new SS strut as an upgrade for my current system (I could not resist). It was done with some trepidation, due the fact that my current strut setup is working beautifully with my rifle and actual stock configuration (ATI), not needing even the slightless adjustment from the previous setting of its iron sights (some case of buyer`s remorse).
My question is a little dumb, I am afraid, but here it goes anyways: Why are all the systems pictured, the one in your last acquisition included, with the clamp screws inserted from the left? When I installed my Accu Strut it felt instinctively more easier to grasp the gun from behind and to insert the screws from the right. Maybe because I do not have a gun vise, but up to the point: does it make any difference?
Is it absolutely necessary to drill detent holes in the rifle`s gas block or just torque the set screws well and loctite them? What kind of loctite you suggest for the set screws?
Many thanks in advance.
MFW

Last edited by MadForWeapons; 05-05-2009 at 18:03.
MadForWeapons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 19:24   #8
Super Member
Points: 24,802, Level: 95 Points: 24,802, Level: 95 Points: 24,802, Level: 95
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%
Last Achievements
 
kkina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,789
Originally Posted by MadForWeapons View Post
Kevin, this morning I ordered a new SS strut as an upgrade for my current system (I could not resist). It was done with some trepidation, due the fact that my current strut setup is working beautifully with my rifle and actual stock configuration (ATI), not needing even the slightless adjustment from the previous setting of its iron sights (some case of buyer`s remorse).
My question is a little dumb, I am afraid, but here it goes anyways: Why are all the systems pictured, the one in your last acquisition included, with the clamp screws inserted from the left? When I installed my Accu Strut it felt instinctively more easier to grasp the gun from behind and to insert the screws from the right. Maybe because I do not have a gun vise, but up to the point: does it make any difference?
Is it absolutely necessary to drill detent holes in the rifle`s gas block or just torque the set screws well and loctite them? What kind of loctite you suggest for the set screws?
Many thanks in advance.
MFW
It doesn't which side of the clamps the screws are installed. For some reason I started putting them in on the right side, then switched to the left. But it makes no difference functionally.

The set-screw "dimples" are optional. You can put them in if you like the extra security, or if you actually continue to see slipping without them. The mod is simple and will obviously be an absolute assurance against slippage.

I just shipped out your strut. Let me know how it works for you!

Kevin
__________________
CEO NEST Engineering
MINI-14 SHOOTING CHAMP
2003: Iron Class: Dec and 3rd Overall
2004: Iron Class: Series 1; Scope Class: Series 1

www.accu-strut.com
kkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:53   #9
Registered Member
Points: 194, Level: 3 Points: 194, Level: 3 Points: 194, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1
Sir, I am new in this forum and I have been fortunate. How can I get an accu-strut from you? I was just gifted by my nephew with a slightly used but mint Mini-14 and have been fascinated with it to no end. I was advised by many to install one in mine.

Being fairly new to the Mini experience, I have an early model with a serial number prefix of 185-49XXX (1987 I believe) with a folding stock. Kindly then advise the proper model for it.

I live in the Philippines but have a CA address where it can be delivered. Just advise preferred mode of payment or an address where I can send payment.

Thank you and it is indeed a privilege to be here.
maxomx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 18:13   #10
Super Member
Points: 24,802, Level: 95 Points: 24,802, Level: 95 Points: 24,802, Level: 95
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%
Last Achievements
 
kkina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,789
Originally Posted by maxomx View Post
Sir, I am new in this forum and I have been fortunate. How can I get an accu-strut from you? I was just gifted by my nephew with a slightly used but mint Mini-14 and have been fascinated with it to no end. I was advised by many to install one in mine.

Being fairly new to the Mini experience, I have an early model with a serial number prefix of 185-49XXX (1987 I believe) with a folding stock. Kindly then advise the proper model for it.

I live in the Philippines but have a CA address where it can be delivered. Just advise preferred mode of payment or an address where I can send payment.

Thank you and it is indeed a privilege to be here.
Thank you! Please send me an email kkina@accu-strut.com

Kevin
__________________
CEO NEST Engineering
MINI-14 SHOOTING CHAMP
2003: Iron Class: Dec and 3rd Overall
2004: Iron Class: Series 1; Scope Class: Series 1

www.accu-strut.com
kkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:09.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
All information is copyright by Perfectunion.com unless already under copyright.

This site is Gunny Approved