Perfect Union banner

Yellow Jacket Mini 14

16K views 47 replies 22 participants last post by  WolfUFFU 
#1 ·
Hello all. I figured my first post may as well be one with a pic of my Mini.
Its a 5819 LE model with a Revolution Tundra stock.
Hope you like it.
There are still mods to come.

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys.
I know its not everyones style but I just wanted something a little different.
It is really not going to be everyones style soon cause im polishing the stainless then brushing it out. I just dont like the dark grey finish.
I will be looking for a good scope soon too.

Im not sure what the weight is but it is pretty heavy compared to my ar's.
Thanks again guys. I will post more pics as i make more progress.

#7 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys.
I know its not everyones style but I just wanted something a little different.
It is really not going to be everyones style soon cause im polishing the stainless then brushing it out. I just dont like the dark grey finish.
I will be looking for a good scope soon too.

Im not sure what the weight is but it is pretty heavy compared to my ar's.
Thanks again guys. I will post more pics as i make more progress.
you have successfully achieved that I think...

go for the high polish ss,

and a chromed choate top cover and some polished stainless mags?

that would look SICK :lol:

guys at the range would be uh WTF is that? then you could blind them with your polished SS and take all their ammo :ph34r:

i kid, i kid. :p

#11 ·
maybe have a choate ventilated top cover chromed?

can't imagine it would be too dreadfully expensive - and it would certainly look good with the high polish.

also needs a yellow and black paracord sling?

and let me say again -chrome/nickle/and Stainless isn't MY thing... (funny since i OWN two SS rugers... which I plan to have duracoated flat tactical colors)

but I do appreciate zany off the wall art and odd fancywork.

this one has it in spades thus far :lol:

#14 ·
trying to explain this rifle to others just doesnt work...

you see guys.. its got yellow wood.. and its all polished and shiny... no its not airsoft... yeh.. its a mini14...

cant wait to see a full rifle pic

#15 ·
If you knew me personally it would actually be very easy to understand it. Yellow is my favorite color and I just love things that stand out and are different from everyone else's around me. Honestly this is the only gun that I own that is flashy like this.
I can't wait to get it all finished up too. Its taking a long time because I only have a few minutes at night to do the polishing work on it. I have some pretty cool ideas in mind for the hand guard and the scope so when its all done I think it will be pretty awesome.
Thanks for all the compliments guys.
:D

#19 ·
Sure it will. Stainless is very hard and doesnt tarnish very easy like aluminum. Just look at the polished revolvers that are polished they stay shiny for years. Of course I will have to hit it with a little flitz every now and then just to keep it tip top.

#21 ·
I have been using multiple tools for sanding including sanding discs for dremmel, and cratex points for my die grinder. Also a whole lot of sanding by hand.
To polish I used my Baldor 10" polisher with numerous wheels ranging from Sisal with emery compound to loose flannel with white diamond compound.
Also I use numerous felt bobs on die grinders for the small hard to get to spots.
I have been polishing metal for many years so I have all the necessary tools to make it slick.

#24 ·
Nah man dont get intimidated. All of this work can be done by hand or 100% with a dremmel if you take your time. Obviously the difference will be how long it will take.
I found that on this particular metal I had to start out with 220 grit paper to get all of the cast marks and just really rough stuff out of it. Of course this means that now you have 220 grit scratches to get out so you just work your way up to 320 and then 400 but you have to make absolutely sure that you get all of the scratches from the previous grit out before moving on to the next.
Heres where it gets tricky though. A sisal wheel with emery compound will easily buff out 400 grit scratches but hand polishing is not going to work.
If you are just rubbing by hand then I would actually take it to at least 600 first.
I would also do this if I were using a dremel to buff also as it doesnt have the cutting action of the big buffing wheels.
This isnt easy by any stretch of the immagination but for me the rewards are worth it. When I look at a piece of metal that i have polished to a show quality shine it just makes me feel good about the work I put in.
good luck you your projects :p

#27 ·
Ok i got it finished up for now. I do have something special in store for the hand guard and sights as well as the scope that I purchase soon. I will say that it will involve Hydrographics but I'm not saying anything else. Anyways here is some pics.

Attachments

#30 ·
Hello all. I figured my first post may as well be one with a pic of my Mini.
Its a 5819 LE model with a Revolution Tundra stock.
Hope you like it.
There are still mods to come.
View attachment 21598
nice colors does it come in regular stock instead of thumb hole ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.