Perfect Union banner

The free state of Indiana

9K views 54 replies 29 participants last post by  Boone 
#1 ·
I am the first flat lander to post and I claim this thread in the name of the free state of Indiana.

IN real news....

If you live near La Porte IN go check out the Kingsbury shooting range (219-393-1128 for directions and information), you will not be disappointed.

#29 ·
Don't forget to stop by the superb rifle and pistol ranges at Sandburr Gun Ranch just off U.S. 31 at Rochester, Indiana. Gun store on-site with a gunsmithy (S&W revolvers are their specialty) and they load and sell top-quality re-manufactured handgun ammo at a good price. Closed on Mondays. Phone: (574) 223-3316

Tremendous place to shoot, and well worth the drive. They host top-grade training schools there, also. John Farnam and Mas Ayoob are giving classes there this month. End-of-the-day campfires and good eats available when the class day is done. Wish I'd found out about the place years ago. I live in Indy, so it's only a couple hours' drive for me.

G
#35 ·
thanks fullauto. The walmarts in my area are hit and miss. Most of the old stores still do but none of the new stores do. One guy in one of the stores said that he heard they were going to cut it back to like 15 stores in the whole state that sell guns
No big loss. There's lots of GOOD gun stores around the state. Best Mom & Pop shop I've ever been in is outside of Austin, IN in Scott county. 256 Sport & Garden. If you're ever in the area stop in and check them out. Bring your credit card or cash, excellent prices on used and many new guns. Kiesler's is a pretty good place to poke around in too, down in Jeffersonville. They've got contracts with police departments around the country to sell their used and confiscated guns. When we retire we can purchase our service pistol if we elect to, but the check is made out to Kiesler's.

G
#40 ·
DocWagon:

It's been a while, but I remember reading that Kiesler's sells only to LE. Was I wrong? (fingers crossed)
With the exception of body armor and handcuffs, which are LE/security only items there, you can shop at Kiesler's.

You can buy firearms, ammunition, and normal gun store stuff there. They do have a "LE only" selection of guns, but they are the same guns just discounted prices if you work for departments they have an agreement with or if the manufacturer has an LE rebate.

G
#44 ·
http://www.handgunlaw.us/

As for price, call your police station/sheriff's department and they'll tell you the exact amount. Life time permit is $85, I think, but you have to have two different money orders. One goes to the state and one to the city/county.

If you live within city limits you have to go the police station. Outside of city limits, go to the Sheriff's Department.

#52 ·
north central

Up here in Cass County...new to this forum but over 40 years of shooting experience. LEO and civilian firearms instructor, semi-retired. Shot competitively for many years now shoot just for fun, mostly at our local club. When active i shot NRA Action Pistol, trap and skeet, as well as a bit of IDA and steel.

#55 ·
Awesome place to shoot. All you need is paper. They've got staplers and targets for their rifle ad pistol range. They have four or five distances on the pistol range I think from 10-50 yards ( I don't own a pistol and I've only shot the pistol range a few times) and the rifle/slug range has about eight to ten stations at 50 yards and four at the 100 yard. They have a skeet section that is quite large and even have a few spring launchers they'll loan out for free. They also have a bow range with multiple targets. On site bathrooms, not port-a-johns, so if you gotta take a dump, you're good to go. They don't take kind to rapid fire but I haven't heard of a range around here that does. $5 bucks well worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.