The screw I made needed to be oversize. For some reason known only to God, Springfield tapped the hole oversized in terms of class of fit. I didn't use loctite because I made my thread oversize and practically sheared it into the reciever. While I was at it I made a new mount from angle iron which worked beautifully but then I'm a tool and die maker and had the machinery to do it. It's really not that hard if you've got the equipment. Gene. Oh, I forgot! that's why you stripped the screw there was a minimum of thread engagement not your fault just half assed class of fit.
Last edited by eugene; 09-10-2012 at 16:54.
Reason: additional information