Perfect Union banner

"Tanker" Garands

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  dfur 
#1 ·
Looking into picking up a CMP Garand and may do a "Tanker" conversion to it. I'm searching around for someone that does the work and everyone seems to have either stopped doing the work or are not taking orders now. Anyone know of a 'smith that is doing the work? Tried Shuff but can't get thru to him, Warbird not doing any more......Thnx in advance.

#5 ·
Tanker Garand

well, actually I was going to get one of the 750$ rifles and have THAT "bubba'd". Maybe I wrongly assumed I could spend my money and do what ever I wanted with my rifle?? Since i basically just asked if anyone knew who did the work, not for opinions on what I wanted to do. This is the same reason I don't ask anything on ARFCOM anymore, too many digital commando's trying to dictate their "expertise" on everyone else.....

Thanks for the positive input, I'll keep trying to get intouch with Shuff's....now to find a new forum to take yet another chance on.....

#7 ·
Dittos on Shuff!
He Mini G'd and .308-converted my CMP Garand last year and I've fallen in love with that rifle, shoot it every chance I get. And his customer service is excellent, as I was new to Garands he walked me through takedown and reassembly right over the phone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.