M1 Garand Talk The M1 Garand - General Posting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2002, 20:25   #1
Registered Member
Points: 7,375, Level: 57 Points: 7,375, Level: 57 Points: 7,375, Level: 57
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Hello to all,
Who can recommend to me, one of the best M1 Garand gunsmiths there is? I had a jerk of a gunsmith in Hummelstown,Pa. rip me off royal on a so called accurizing job! I gave this jerk all new parts to work with including a new Douglas heavy barrel. In turn, he substitutes a standard barrel for my Douglas! I didn't realize this till months later. Ya... I know, my stupidity! Live and learn! I thought I could trust this idiot. To top it off, when I checked the rifle over at his shop, I noticed four dings in the brand new Boyd stock! I said, what is this? He tells me, (QUOTE) OH... everyones gun leaves here with a ding or two in it!!! Then he tells me it'll cost me extra to have the dings removed. So... I'm back to square one, looking for a "TOP NOTCH" gunsmith. Would someone be able to recommend one to me please? Thank you for taking the time to read me message!
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 08:28   #2
Points: 9,961, Level: 66 Points: 9,961, Level: 66 Points: 9,961, Level: 66
Last Achievements

I'm a fan of Fulton Armory
Everyone says they have an excellent reputation and I have never heard of a complaint.
http://www.fulton-armory.com/
GOOD LUCK!
djskit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 07:53   #3
Registered Member
Points: 7,241, Level: 56 Points: 7,241, Level: 56 Points: 7,241, Level: 56
Last Achievements

Woody: I have used Fulton for a rack grade Garand and was happy with the gun. I have found another gunsmith named Roland Beaver and had fantastic results. Roland has built 2 match grade 308 full size, and at least 6 Tanker Garands for me. There is a wait for full on accurized shooter but it is well worth it in my opinion. Roland is a real gentelman and really knows how to make a Garand run and live. He can be reached at 501 724-6388. He is located in Bald Knob, AR. Email me if I can answer any questions in particular--would be glad to help.
diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 08:03   #4
Amy
Points: 7,482, Level: 57 Points: 7,482, Level: 57 Points: 7,482, Level: 57
Last Achievements

Originally posted by Woody
Hello to all,
Who can recommend to me, one of the best M1 Garand gunsmiths there is? I had a jerk of a gunsmith in Hummelstown,Pa. rip me off royal on a so called accurizing job! I gave this jerk all new parts to work with including a new Douglas heavy barrel. In turn, he substitutes a standard barrel for my Douglas! I didn't realize this till months later.
Oh yeow Woody! That was a really raw deal! What a bastard that guy is! You should be really sure you spread the word about this reptile! He's nothing but a rip-off thief.

Live and learn I guess, but you couldn't have known this about him from the get-go. Have you said anything to him about it since?

Amy

This is my keyboard.
There are many like it but this one is mine...
Old 12-09-2002, 17:00   #5
Points: 7,070, Level: 55 Points: 7,070, Level: 55 Points: 7,070, Level: 55
Last Achievements

Fulton Armory or Orion 7 Both have web sites,I've known Tony P for some time and HE KNOWS Garands,NYC area I'm from Elmira NY,but don't know how close you are to NYC
jp58c is offline   Reply With Quote