Lever Action Talk Lever Action firearms of all makes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2007, 09:45   #1
Points: 3,545, Level: 37 Points: 3,545, Level: 37 Points: 3,545, Level: 37
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Ghost rings on a Win. 94 Trapper

Do any of you have the Ghost ring sights on your 94 and how do you like them? I'm really trying to decide what I want and it sounds like the Ghost ring is the way to go for me and my Trapper. No problem seeing distance but my arms are no longer long enough when it comes to reading and I need my reading glasses for that. From all that I have read so far about these SX sights they are the only way to go for my short range hunting here in the mountains of WV. Found a set for around $65.00 and just debating if I should go for it or not. Your opinions would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike

http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=WI00095

I'm sorry to say that this is the worst company I have ever dealt with and can not recommend them to anyone. R&R Arms will not answer there phone or emails. Never did receive my order even though I was told it was sent out a week ago and that I would get a tracking number. Never got a tracking number or the product or any answers. Had to call Visa and cancel payment to them. It may cost a little more at Cabelas but I have always been treated great there so that's where I will order my Ghost ring sights now. Mike

Last edited by Beartracker; 11-06-2007 at 14:14.
Beartracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 17:42   #2
Points: 23,705, Level: 94 Points: 23,705, Level: 94 Points: 23,705, Level: 94
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%
Last Achievements

I have them (XS) on my Marlin and love them. Very nice and the gun is accurate with them. I bought them from Midway ( if I remember correctly). Easy to install.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:11   #3
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by gossman View Post
I have them (XS) on my Marlin and love them. Very nice and the gun is accurate with them. I bought them from Midway ( if I remember correctly). Easy to install.
Thanks Gossman, Thats good to know. I always have a problem removing the front sites with a drift pin. Maybe I'll luck out this time Hope to order them soon and get it sighted in. Thanks again, Mike
Old 10-29-2007, 05:20   #4
Points: 3,360, Level: 36 Points: 3,360, Level: 36 Points: 3,360, Level: 36
Last Achievements

I've had the XS ghost rings on my 94AE for about 7-8 years, they've done well for me. The only thing I would change would be to have a rear sight with wings on each side put on if they had been available. The rear sight is decently substantial and has never been smacked, yet it's still a bit of a worry.
Wild West Guns furnished the forward rail which wears a J-Point sight, so the ghosts are really just back ups now.
4thPointOfContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:07   #5
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by 4thPointOfContact View Post
I've had the XS ghost rings on my 94AE for about 7-8 years, they've done well for me. The only thing I would change would be to have a rear sight with wings on each side put on if they had been available. The rear sight is decently substantial and has never been smacked, yet it's still a bit of a worry.
Wild West Guns furnished the forward rail which wears a J-Point sight, so the ghosts are really just back ups now.
One of the things that bother me about the Ghost ring setup is the fact that they are not well protected and from the pictures just seem really vulnerable to breaking if I fall. Around here if the mountain Laurel don't get you the rocks will as your sliding down the side of a mountain This is rough hunting country and a gun can take a beating over a season. I have seen the Ghost ring with the protective wings but I wonder how much they cut down on light? Mike
Old 10-29-2007, 15:43   #6
Last Achievements

Well, I took the plunge and ordered the Ghost ring sights this evening from R&R. Hope they come in soon and that they are the right ones.Mike