Lever Action Talk Lever Action firearms of all makes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 23:00   #126
Points: 3,455, Level: 36 Points: 3,455, Level: 36 Points: 3,455, Level: 36
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Johnwilliamson062 View Post
+1. I have been trying to shore up my collection b4 the next election. Browning BLR in 308 is at the bottom of the list. Want to get all the semis in first, but I figure the BLR will not be regulated for some time. I think we may see ourselves dumping SKS, K31, AK, ar15, saigas, and all the rest in barrells for the gov't to destroy before long. Just like in England.
I don't think you have to worry about that for a very long time in this country. They are headed that way but it's going to take them quite a bit longer. They have to finish filling the country with foreigners from around the world who are already brainwashed to hate guns effectively making real American's a minority so they can put it to a vote and make it legal. They also have to continue the indoctrination in the schools for a lot longer to make people believe that guns are bad. Freedom's have never been stolen they are always given up by the people. Even Hitler did it that way.

If that does come to pass it's going to be tough because there are a LOT of people in this country who simply won't go along with it. They'll pull a "Crocodile Dundee". Not many know that those movies were based on a guy who really lived in Australia like that. When they came for his guns he opened fire on the police and they murdered him.

It also depends on what state you live in. Many states simply won't go along with it. Period. Try going to Montana to enforce that law. Or Alabama, Wyoming, Utah and many others. It ain't gonna happen without gunfire and they know that.
trvlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 18:51   #127
Points: 1,705, Level: 24 Points: 1,705, Level: 24 Points: 1,705, Level: 24
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%
Last Achievements

Here are my thoughts on a 'tactical lever action carbine'.

Look at ALL, and I mean ALL, the old photographs of folks carrying lever action rifles. Take note of what they have tied, stapled, riveted, or bolted onto their 'fancy firearm'. Tale note of how they carried extra ammo, if the photo shows any at all.

Yes, "today", we have sorts of geeky gadgets to throw onto our "maybe show and tell" lever action rifles. Yet, if your flashlight fails, can you still 'do the job'? If your "3-phase powered Starlight scope" fails, can you still 'do the job'? If the occurence of you ONLY having loaded "the other grain load", can you still 'do the job'?

To me, lever action rifles are NOT 'technoid/geek/TimTaylor' pieces of yesterday, to throw on all the trappings of a mechanized world. They are meant "to be used as is", and let all that wierd, swirly greyish stuff between your ears, and under your hat of choice, do all the computing, ballistics, parallax distance compensation, and Kentucky windage.

We've already screwed up ages-old traditional archery with all that mechanization, to the point if you miss, "is it you or the bow"? Now, to top it off, Marlin has finally insulted me, personally, with their "Terminator" design lever action rifle! After my years in SouthEast Asia, I swore the ONLY rifle design I would EVER use is the good ol' cowboy lever action rifle. Now Marlin has seemed to "make nice-nice- with Fido", and ruin a good thing!

My two cents!
SFsc616171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:59   #128
M14 guy
Points: 30,537, Level: 100 Points: 30,537, Level: 100 Points: 30,537, Level: 100
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

I needed the Aimpoint T-1 for my Daewoo AR 100...
The Leupold FX-II 2.5x28mm IER Scout is back on my Enhanced Guide Gun.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:02   #129
Points: 860, Level: 15 Points: 860, Level: 15 Points: 860, Level: 15
Activity: 7.2% Activity: 7.2% Activity: 7.2%
Last Achievements

I thought you guys were talking about this leaver gun. Mossberg Tactical Lever Gun 464 SPX - SHOT Show 2012 - YouTube
51colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 16:01   #130
Points: 8,837, Level: 63 Points: 8,837, Level: 63 Points: 8,837, Level: 63
Activity: 8.5% Activity: 8.5% Activity: 8.5%
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by SFsc616171 View Post
Here are my thoughts on a 'tactical lever action carbine'.

Look at ALL, and I mean ALL, the old photographs of folks carrying lever action rifles. Take note of what they have tied, stapled, riveted, or bolted onto their 'fancy firearm'. Tale note of how they carried extra ammo, if the photo shows any at all.

Yes, "today", we have sorts of geeky gadgets to throw onto our "maybe show and tell" lever action rifles. Yet, if your flashlight fails, can you still 'do the job'? If your "3-phase powered Starlight scope" fails, can you still 'do the job'? If the occurence of you ONLY having loaded "the other grain load", can you still 'do the job'?

To me, lever action rifles are NOT 'technoid/geek/TimTaylor' pieces of yesterday, to throw on all the trappings of a mechanized world. They are meant "to be used as is", and let all that wierd, swirly greyish stuff between your ears, and under your hat of choice, do all the computing, ballistics, parallax distance compensation, and Kentucky windage.

We've already screwed up ages-old traditional archery with all that mechanization, to the point if you miss, "is it you or the bow"? Now, to top it off, Marlin has finally insulted me, personally, with their "Terminator" design lever action rifle! After my years in SouthEast Asia, I swore the ONLY rifle design I would EVER use is the good ol' cowboy lever action rifle. Now Marlin has seemed to "make nice-nice- with Fido", and ruin a good thing!

My two cents!
^^^^^^^^^Yeah, what he said^^^^^^^^^

The lever was never meant to be "tact-cool" or a room clearer. The lever action slows down rate of fire, the tube magazine slows down reloading, the long barrel isn't conducive to close quarters situations, etc etc etc.

Use it for what it was meant for ya crazies
Savage Mark II FVT
Pet-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:12   #131
M14 guy
Points: 30,537, Level: 100 Points: 30,537, Level: 100 Points: 30,537, Level: 100
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

I prefer the lever gun that has been modernized, but I'm not a big fan of the "tacticool"
Zombie versions of any rifle. That said, it's your money and your gun - do what you like.
Don't let the "Traditional Only" crazies steer you away from trying something new.