Perfect Union banner

Game pics I took in South Africa

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  tri70 
#1 · (Edited)
Here's some pics of game I took in my province in South Africa. Hope you like it.

View attachment 9522
I found the baby baboon trapped between the electrical barbwire border fence between Zimbabwe and South Africa. The baboon was handed over to a baboon sanctuary for rehabilitation
View attachment 9523
The Eland is the largest antelope in the world, weighing in at 1 1/2 times the weight of a Bramaan bull.
View attachment 9524
The Gompou is the largest flying bird in Africa and stand up to over half a meter.
View attachment 9525
The Nyala is a very shy antelope and very difficult to hunt, even to take a pic of it, Very popular under the socalled trophy hunters.

G
#2 ·
Awww, never thought baboons could be cute... :rolleyes:

Those antelopes are really something. How much does an average Eland weigh? Brahman bulls raised here go 1500 lbs. and up. That one would feed a lot of people aye? I suppose hunters there use some pretty hefty calibers! ;)

#3 ·
A shoulder height of two metres and a weight of six hundred eighty kilograms makes the eland (Taurotragus oryx) the largest antelope by far. Despite its impressive appearance it is a shy herd animal and an exceptional jumper. A two metre high obstacle poses no problem for an eland. Compared to other antelopes the eland is rather slow. It cannot reach more than forty kilometres an hour. Its ochre coat is broken with white vertical stripes, and the striking dewlap ends on a tuft of hair. Elands feed on fruit, leaves, tubers, grass and tree bark. The does' horns are longer and thinner than those of the stags. Some Eland's have reached close to 2500 pounds.

#4 ·
It would be hard to pack those on your shoulder!:lol: I love the pics and glad you posted them. I would love to come with a camera someday to get pics like these.

very good, tri

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.