Perfect Union banner

Did I make a mistake?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  crockett007 
#1 ·
I recently just purchased 400rds of once fired 45acp brass. I then cleaned them inside and out, and re-sized them. The while messing around looking for reloading supplies I can across the primer pocket uni-formers and noticed that they are 3 different sizes SM/rifle/pistol, Lg rifle, and Lg pistol.

Here is my question I only have had the first two and not knowing about the LG Pistol one all my brass are uniformed to LG rifle I'm guessing. And was wondering if will these still function in my SR1911 or did I just my a lesson learned mistake and discard they brass for safety concerns.

The uniforms in question are the Lyman's

Thanks everyone for their inputs.:)

#3 ·
Umm, not quite accurate.
Small Pistol and Rifle are both the same diameter AND length (the reason there is only 1 tool for the pair)
Large Pistol and Rifle are both the same diameter BUT the LG Rifle primer is LONGER (or the pocket is deeper, if you prefer)

If your primer punch will seat them fully, and your firing pin is long enough, than it won't matter. If your punch seats them flush, than you may need to "double hit" them, if your firing pin is to short than you're SOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.