Perfect Union banner

anybody here make bullets on a lathe?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Xylob the destroyer 
#1 ·
out of copper or aluminum? brass, bronze handgun bullets, if actually loaded into ammo, are forbidden by Fed law, cause they pierce Kevlar vests. Ever cast bullets out of pure tin? "Non-lead" solder, available at plumbing supply stores, is 95% pure tin and 5% antimony. If you use a 160 gr mold and this alloy, your bullet drops out weighting about 105 grs. If you use a 95 gr lrn mold for the 380, you can have 65 bullets for your 9mm. Hollowpoint them in a lathe, and add a large, conical hollowbase, and it will weigh 45 grs, with lots more room for powder, due to that hollowbase.

You can get some amazing velocities from the 9mm with such a bullet. Like 2200 fps in a 5" barrel. :) If you rechamber a 9mm (and you can, any 9x19) to 356TSW, with its .100" longer and much stronger case, you can get 2500 fps with this bullet, quite safely, in a 5" barrel, yet the recoil is no more than you'd have with a 115 gr bullet at 1050 fps. That's 620 ft lbs of power, guys. :) Yes, the tin bullet is too hard for the hp to expand, but if it is slit lengthwise, nearly end to end, such high speed impact will make it fragment. then you get 2 large, sharp cornered, HARD bullet frags, tumbling thru the target, creating 2 diverging wound channels, each with the ability to damage fragile organ tissues with just the temporary wound cavity. Now THAT is a mean hit, from a "mere" 9mm. :) Of course, you can also shorten 460 Rowland brass by .060", use it in a fully supported .45 ACP barrel, and get 70 grs going 2200 fps in a 4" barrel. for bigger chunks of bullet, for 740 ft lbs, of power, with no more recoil than 230 grs at 700 fps. :)

See less See more
#2 ·
just before any of you young and impressionable whippersnappers think about actually listening to the convict who started this thread,

have a quick look at him (yes, this is indeed his mug shot):

You see kids, that there is John Melvin Davis - Convict, criminal, gun fourm internet troll and the inventor of the Bug out wheel barrow.
search "gunkid" and you'll learn all about this clown. I highly reccomend you DON'T actually try anything this soap dropping, cum guzzling jailhouse queen posts.

This has been a public service message from your friendly neighborhood Troll fister.

#4 ·
yeah, it's easy to talk crap like you do, but it's HARD to debate me on the the MERITS of the things I say, AINT it, punk? Which is why you do what you do, instead of trying to learn enough to match my knowledge and skill. You're just too cheap and lazy to do that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.