Anyone Reloading .50 AE here? - Shooting Sports Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2016, 07:34   #1

Anyone Reloading .50 AE here?

Searched thread and did not find anything on the .50 AE.
rickOshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 13:48   #2

Yes but for a revolver using 460 gr cast bullets which I do not suggest anyone try in a desert eagle.
I have had problems with different dies and different brass leaving appropriate tension on the case.
I had double detonation 2 times (thank the Lord the revolver held) and a the primer was the culprit but that was 20 years ago and I hope their QC has improved since then as they are a major company.
This is one miserable round to shoot in a revolver and I am comparing that to a 460 and a 45-70 BFR which are down right pleasant compared to the 50 A.E.
Anything I say about loads won't help you as you have one major issue I don't- function.
Function in an auto's is the number one (after to safety) and accuracy comes next. I don't have that problem.
While the 50 A.E. has been overshadowed by others it was THE round for a brief while and it is nothing to be trifled with as it has lost none of it's power when other more powerful rounds showed up.
REM1875 is offline   Reply With Quote