Perfect Union banner

takes 20 guys(chest hits) valid opinion

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  deersniper6 
#1 ·
of what a given load can do as a "manstopper". exactly NOBODY has such experience, on adrenalized men, with the same load and pistol. So NOBODY's opinion is or ever was, based upon a valid body of evidence. Plenty of evidence exists to prove that Evan Marshal just MAKES UP his bs as he goes along. The same way the "veterans" make up THEIR bs war stories.

stopping or not stopping a man is a "2 possible outcome' scenario, like getting heads or tails when tossing a coin. It takes a MINIMUM of 20 coin tosses to establish that the correct odds are 50%, ie, pure LUCK, of getting heads. So it takes at least 20 shootings, all chest hits now, to establish that what you saw was not just LUCK.

Gut hits are worthless, any hunter can testify to that fact. there is nothing in the stomach or intestines that will cause an animal or a man to stop quickly. so fully HALF of the "torso" hit stories are meaningless, even if accurately reported (ha ha) because HALF of the "torso" is guts.

#6 ·
of what a given load can do as a "manstopper". exactly NOBODY has such experience, on adrenalized men, with the same load and pistol. So NOBODY's opinion is or ever was, based upon a valid body of evidence. Plenty of evidence exists to prove that Evan Marshal just MAKES UP his bs as he goes along. The same way the "veterans" make up THEIR bs war stories.

stopping or not stopping a man is a "2 possible outcome' scenario, like getting heads or tails when tossing a coin. It takes a MINIMUM of 20 coin tosses to establish that the correct odds are 50%, ie, pure LUCK, of getting heads. So it takes at least 20 shootings, all chest hits now, to establish that what you saw was not just LUCK.

Gut hits are worthless, any hunter can testify to that fact. there is nothing in the stomach or intestines that will cause an animal or a man to stop quickly. so fully HALF of the "torso" hit stories are meaningless, even if accurately reported (ha ha) because HALF of the "torso" is guts.
OK, now I'm sure this retard is gunkid.

This is ridiculous.

#13 ·
I do NOT know the "age" of the original poster, neither is it something that would cause me to become, in the language of civility, 'upset'.

The debunking of 'manstopper ammunition', has been around for as long as there has been a hand-held firearm, period.

As history speaks:
07/21/1865, Wild Bill Hickok shoots and kills, with a heart shot, David Tutt, at a distance of 75 yards, with a .36 caliber Navy black powder 6-shot revolver. This was a .36 caliber lead ball, with no ogive, no hollow point, no hollow base. One shot, one kill.
11/24/1963, Jack Ruby shoots and kills Lee Harvey Oswald, using a Colt Agent .38 caliber snubnose revolver. Distance less than two feet, with middle finger pulling the trigger, not the traditional first finger trigger pull. (Also nicknamed the Chicago trigger.) The .38 caliber bullet was not a hollow point, since it was not standard fare, as it is today. That leaves either a standard .38 caliber round nose lead bullet, or a wadcutter. The doctors reported there was so much damage done by the bullet, that they could not repair Oswald, and he died from his wound. As the historical photograph shows, Oswald was shot at the beltline, or as you define it, 'gutshot'. Again, one shot, one kill.

Neither of these were "lucky shots". One was by a trained, and practiced marksman. The other delivered by a Private Funded Civilian, with possibly little practice, but well within range, and with enough knowledge to handle the revolver.

Lastly, famed snubnose revolver trainer/instructor Michael deBethencourt advises that for a 'revolver contact shot', (something that is not advised with a semi-automatic), by placing it against the chest or abdomen, with the barrel pointing to the groin.

I do not think that our original poster can debunk these two historical outcomes with a revolver loaded with not-so-atomic-lightwarp-speed-exotic-metal-super-plastic-tipped-projectiles, nor a well-known instructor's own views.

It is NOT the design Nor materials of said-launched projectiles, that 'work as advertised'.
It is the diligence, practice, and knowledge that "your projectile launcher of choice" is directed exactly at that "aim-small-miss-small" point of impact, that will be the key. It was for Wild Bill Hickok at 75 yards distance. Should that unwanted time comes, it should be for you, too, and that includes the misguided original poster!

#14 ·
AFter reading the OP again, I fogot something, that the op is dangerously overlooking, and that is that, when your door gets busted in at "oh-dark-thrity", by an uninvited person, who either wants what you have, or your blood, there is no time to find the reference material for "those twenty guys"!!!

It is time to "launch all projectiles", until the threat is no more. I did not say dead. My belief is, once they have entered, they have desired to obtain what they did not have, and have already decided that what I MIGHT have, in their opinion, is worth the forfeiting of their existence.

Just remember that, my young misguided padawan!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.