Perfect Union banner

Greatest gun in the world?

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  dave_g 
#1 ·
The greatest gun in the world?The loaded one you have with you right now!If you do not have a gun on you,it is useless.Sell them all and get it down to one you can carry,shoot good,and defend yourself with.shoot,shoot and shoot the one gun and become a master with it.

#4 ·
38 snubs are great guns.Have had my share of j frame types over the years.Always used a pancake type holster,sewn into my belt in the small of the back position.But as I got older L like pocket only carry.A PT22 does all I need.A 22LR IN YOUR HAND is gold,compared to a 1911 in a safe.

#5 · (Edited)
Ever try pocket carry with the J snubs? I usually pocket carry the .38 and haven't had any grief over it, but am not that concerned with super deep concealment. My permit's good for 40 states, last time I checked. I stay out of the other 10. Used to go IWB with a Glock years ago, but got tired of it digging into my back. When the weather allows a jacket I'll usually carry the Glock in a Galco shoulder rig. It carries well, but without at least a suit coat over it, it just doesn't cover well.

Used to keep a Beretta 21A around for special occasions though, where super deep cover is a good idea. Still have it packed away somewhere - I may need to get 'er out just for old times sake one of these days.

Best,
Grumpy

#7 · (Edited)
Where can I get a license for 43 States???
Reciprocity. I just checked again and either my memory's getting a little old or I'm down to 40 states. That's fine, you couldn't pay me to visit NY or Kali.

Check here for your license and how many states will accept it. Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry

Obviously before planning a trip, do a bit more checking, including any annoying gun laws on the route.

Best,
Grumpy
PS Thanks for making me take the time to look it up, since it really is nice to know where I can visit without "complications".

#8 ·
yes,I tried pocket carry with a shrouded bodyguard.I must have tried a dozen different grips,I just could never get it to point right for me.I do not know about you,but for me the main reason I will get rid of a handgun.If I close my eyes draw and open my eyes,and the gun is not pointing at my target,I will by replacement grips until I give up or run out of money.Most S&W,Charter Arms,Colt dick special with rubber pacmyers would work fine for me.Thats why I hate double stacked gun,feels like I am trying to hold a shoebox.Best pointing handgun I ever owned was a Savage 380.

#9 ·
Sorry to read that was the case for you. Must be the geometry of our respective hands. For me, the boot grips make the J frame Smiths point like magic. I do pretty much the same drill you described and snub revolvers are instinctive for me, the little Beretta 21A not so much.

Best,
Grumpy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.